Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2024, 11:10 PM   #1

X-PRO RXE dual-sport

https://www.powersportsmax.com/produ...ducts_id/25729

This bike is now shipping with a counterbalanced Zongshen motor in it! I contacted PSM via email and it is confirmed. The bike is $1249.00 and looks to be a copy of the Hawk. Seems like and insanely good deal. Can any of you comment on this? I have an itch to put one on layaway.

Old 04-03-2024, 02:32 AM   #2

I wonder why they show what looks like a non-counterbalanced engine in the picture.
-2024 CSC TT250, stage 3 motocult kit, Nibbi PE28FL with custom-made cable controlled choke, modified stock muffler (larger diameter tailpipe), custom oil cooler installation with relocated stock evaporative emissions canister, oversized stainless steel footpegs, IMS folding tip shifter, a few little blingy bolts and bits. More personal preference mods to come.

Old 04-03-2024, 08:03 AM   #3

It's another Hawk clone, complete with standard front forks.

Old 04-03-2024, 09:01 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjocko View Post
I wonder why they show what looks like a non-counterbalanced engine in the picture.
I emailed PSM and asked them that exact question, Zora said they haven't updated the website pictures but the new RXE ship with the counterbalanced Zongshen motor.

Old 04-03-2024, 09:26 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
It's another Hawk clone, complete with standard front forks.
those front forks are the biggest selling point for me. one must bend to the will of the bike, not vice versa. he he he he

Old 04-03-2024, 11:29 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapkin View Post
those front forks are the biggest selling point for me. one must bend to the will of the bike, not vice versa. he he he he
What's wrong with inverted forks? They are stiffer (much less flex), and the triple clamp needs to be bigger, so stronger and stiffer as well. Inverted forks are ubiquitous on all major brands now. The inverted forks are better for heftier riders, support the extra weight with less frame/fork flexing. That will improve ride, better controllability...

Also, this RXE also has the box steel swingarm with those cheap pullback hoops with stamped plates which constantly drop down when you are trying to adjust the rear axel. Solid axel slot with a pushback axel adjuster are stronger and easier to work with. OK, so bikes that have them cost a few hundred more. Worth it!

Bashan Storm is still available with the inverted forks (about $1600), It has the boxed steel swingarm but at least it has a stiffer front end. Check it out.

Old 04-03-2024, 01:33 PM   #7

nothing i was just goofing around.

Old 04-03-2024, 02:07 PM   #8

The Storm may have the standard box tubing rear swingarm, BUT the Brozz has a much nicer, and we'll built swing arm. I honestly don't know why people were buying the TT when the Brozz was available. When I was looking at buying a Chinese dual sport a few years ago, I wasn't willing to chance not being able to register a bike that didn't have the Federal Highways placque, and the Hawk DLX, and the Brozz, both had it, and were both the same price shipped. I chose the Brozz, and still would if doing it again, and in my opinion the Brozz was the best of the CG dual Sports, at least the ones that I know of. I would choose a new Brozz I've a new TT, because of the swingarm being so much better. I don't know why the TT never went with a better swingarm.

Old 04-03-2024, 03:35 PM   #9

have you guys noticed the swing arm on the new Honda 150 dual sport?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	434489095_389801160610661_4757915676370930215_n.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	31147  

Old 04-03-2024, 04:42 PM   #10

Not an option

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hilly View Post
I honestly don't know why people were buying the TT when the Brozz was available.
Those of us that live in Commiefornia don't have that choice. Additionally, CSC's customer service has been top notch. I've been very pleased with buying from them, particularly considering I got my bike when it was $1,995 +tax, set-up, and DMV.
-2024 CSC TT250, stage 3 motocult kit, Nibbi PE28FL with custom-made cable controlled choke, modified stock muffler (larger diameter tailpipe), custom oil cooler installation with relocated stock evaporative emissions canister, oversized stainless steel footpegs, IMS folding tip shifter, a few little blingy bolts and bits. More personal preference mods to come.

Old 04-03-2024, 06:48 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hilly View Post
The Storm may have the standard box tubing rear swingarm, BUT the Brozz has a much nicer, and we'll built swing arm. I honestly don't know why people were buying the TT when the Brozz was available. When I was looking at buying a Chinese dual sport a few years ago, I wasn't willing to chance not being able to register a bike that didn't have the Federal Highways placque, and the Hawk DLX, and the Brozz, both had it, and were both the same price shipped. I chose the Brozz, and still would if doing it again, and in my opinion the Brozz was the best of the CG dual Sports, at least the ones that I know of. I would choose a new Brozz I've a new TT, because of the swingarm being so much better. I don't know why the TT never went with a better swingarm.
And counterbalanced engine too. And a nice rack. We only sold the Bashan Storm because my son wants a Templar M with a 20 hp engine, and a flat seat. The adjustable levers, big bearclaw footpegs and dual front pistons are nice too. And the Templar frame geometry, and beefy top gooseneck/triple clamps. Nice.

Old 04-03-2024, 07:07 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapkin View Post
have you guys noticed the swing arm on the new Honda 150 dual sport?
What's the MSRP on that Honda? Wait, what!? over $3000?!

It looks just like a Hawk. It's uncanny.

Old 04-03-2024, 07:13 PM   #13

Quote:

The Hawk is a clone of a 150-160cc Honda dual sport sold in S. America.

That bike, with a couple of changes, is now being sold in N. America.

Hence the uncanny looks between the 2.

Honestly, I would spend the extra money for the Honda, despite the engine being smaller, because it also makes the actual HP it's rated for. That 150cc is every bit as capable of the same top speed as a CG250 powered Hawk or similar.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 04-03-2024, 07:33 PM   #14

Quote:

They say that them Honda XR150L bikes are closer to $4,000 by the time you pay dealer fees. I know that the QC is going to be tighter, and they do probably have a better higher revving motor, though smaller displacement, but still not worth it to me. I also don't trust very many YouTube reviews of the bike. Honda has " buttered up" most of the more popular channels. Adventure Daily had some videos of the Brozz a couple years ago, and really liked it, but in the past year, since Honda flew them, and several YouTube content creators to California, and basically wined, them, and dined them, and basically gave them at minimum a nice luxury vacation, well now the little Honda XR150L is something special, and as Adventure Daily put it, leaps, and bounds ahead of the Chinese Dual Sports, which are all basically the same. They all act like the XR150L, is very capable of it's intended use, but any time a Chinese Dual Sport hater compares a Hawk with another bike, they always want to compare it with something capable of hardcore Enduro. The fact is that the XR150L, is also not nearly in the same league as the bigger Japanese dual spots, BUT they sometimes hint that it is, by referring to it as " Little Brother" to the other bigger Hondas.

Old 04-03-2024, 07:52 PM   #15

Keep in mind, we are looking at the lowest rung on the dual sport totem pole.

Performance is a relative thing. For wrenchin' happy dirt bikers, a 20 hp dirt bike with potential for more with additional mods is pretty darned attractive, no matter where it came from. And the lowly Hawk and brethren are low cost beasts.

Oh, I just noticed the ~8 year old $750 Samsung 4.6 cuft front loader washer a guy gave me when I bought the companion dryer (5.2 cuft!), BOTH made in China. Not Hong Kong, Korea, but China. And they are high end feature filled (steam in the dryer with cold water connection, add clothes minidoor in the washer, and lots of modes!). The washer just needed a pump ($25) and shocks ($50). Cheaper shocks needed to be returned, but these now have another 4-6 good years of service ahead of them. I still can't understand why dock workers kick around these crate bikes. Why not kick around the microwave ovens, stoves and washers too? Somethin' about those motorcycles. Just dunno.