Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2010, 11:26 PM   #16

What is left of the ignition? Is there a connector that the ignition plugged into, or have the wires been cut?

When you say that the gas cap wiggle around, does that mean that the key lock has been damaged? Can you open it?

BTW, it sure looks like there's a cat in that pipe.

[/img]

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-14-2010, 12:06 AM   #17

Maybe a 150cc

http://www.tboltusa.com/store/piranh...her-p-904.html

Here is some people that may offer some specifics for that?
http://www.drmadass.com/

I think you could put some money into that and be able to get it back out of it, the Madass sell for $2,700.00 new.

Old 09-14-2010, 01:26 AM   #18

My suggestion for the headlights. They look like some of the driving lights at walmart.

I have a keyswitch for you. It was under water though. Matching gascap and helmet lock also.

The exhaust. Get a nice flowing pit bike exhaust to go with the 125cc upgrade. Forget the e-start too. It doesn't take much to kick a 125.

$500 should have you rolling nicely.

Old 09-14-2010, 04:21 AM   #19

ive been running fog/driving lights on my quad since i got it. they work nicely and all my old friends would always ask me to get in front of the pack of kids who where riding because i had the super lights..

i am switching to smaller set of driving lights from walmart, just gotta decided which ones i want first.

Old 09-14-2010, 10:37 PM   #20

http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...080&highlight=

somebody else had one of those on this site?

Old 09-15-2010, 09:27 PM   #21

Location: Wheeling, WV native currently living In Natchitoches, LA
Send a message via AIM to BrianW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
What is left of the ignition? Is there a connector that the ignition plugged into, or have the wires been cut?

When you say that the gas cap wiggle around, does that mean that the key lock has been damaged? Can you open it?

</a>[/img]
The ignition wires have been cut and are twisted together.
The gas cap wiggles around from not being locked. it cannot be locked without the key. I don't think that the key lock has been damaged, but it's sorta hard to tell, but thankfully it is stuck in the UNLOCKED poition, so I can still add gas.

Also, I decided to go with this engine. Just bought and paid for it a few moments ago. What do you guys think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_3493wt_930

Old 09-15-2010, 10:16 PM   #22

looks good, its a lifan so it should be a solid motor..

plus you earned 5 bucks in ebay bucks..

Old 09-15-2010, 10:23 PM   #23

Cool! 8)

I don't think you'll be disappointed with that 125. I think that you have kick start only and a manual clutch with your existing engine, so there won't be any difference. You might have to remove the flywheel from the new 125 so you can transplant your existing stator to the new engine (easy).

This looks like a good choice for a flywheel puller if you don't have one: http://cgi.ebay.ca/Flywheel-Puller-H...item4cf19935e9

How many ignition wires are twisted together? Do you just leave the wires twisted together and shut the engine off with a kill switch?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-16-2010, 08:46 AM   #24

Looks like a good deal on a complete engine.
Buy the way, what is the story behind this bike? Is it titled?

Old 09-16-2010, 08:55 AM   #25

That is a pretty good deal with everything included like that.

If you haven't been www.dratv.com for parts. Plus wiring diagrams that may be helpful.

What does the gas cap look like. This lifan one may fit and I have a key for it.

Allen

Old 09-16-2010, 09:25 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Cool! 8)

... You might have to remove the flywheel from the new 125 so you can transplant your existing stator to the new engine (easy).

This looks like a good choice for a flywheel puller if you don't have one: http://cgi.ebay.ca/Flywheel-Puller-H...item4cf19935e9

How many ignition wires are twisted together? Do you just leave the wires twisted together and shut the engine off with a kill switch?
I will probably be asking for some more advice when I get to the fly-wheel procedure.
I believe there are only 2 wires twisted together for the ignition. I have not had the engine running yet (broken coil, stripped hole for the spark plug, no kick start lever, no battery) so I have not had any reason to untwist them, yet.

Old 09-16-2010, 09:28 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal25
Looks like a good deal on a complete engine.
Buy the way, what is the story behind this bike? Is it titled?
I thought so, too.
I got this bike from a guy that told me it was in "showroom condition". After driving over 4 hours to his house, I saw that the bike was not only showroom, but to be quite frank, a POS. I got it for $100 down from his asking price of $400, just for the sake of already having been there with the truck. I have heard from many people that these bikes never came with titles because they were 49cc and did not need registered. I have also heard that doing a title search on them is relatively quick and easy, but I have no idea about that.

Old 09-16-2010, 09:31 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger
That is a pretty good deal with everything included like that.

If you haven't been www.dratv.com for parts. Plus wiring diagrams that may be helpful.

What does the gas cap look like. This lifan one may fit and I have a key for it.

Allen
That website looks like it may have a lot of useful information. Thank you, Allen.
The gas cap, on the other hand, is extremely unusual and I tried fitting the gas cap from my parts GY5, to no avail. I think I'm going to have some trouble with that in time to come.

Old 09-16-2010, 10:12 AM   #29

I suggest modding the gas cap to accept any key. You should be able to remove the tumblers.

With that new engine get a better air filter and exhaust.

Not sure what you do about titling it.

Old 09-16-2010, 10:51 AM   #30

speaking of gas caps, you might want to think about trying to maybe a keyed vented gas cap..

not having a gas cap vent can cause a weird suction problem.. let me try to explain this.. the motor sucks the gas from the tank with the aid gravity.. but as with suction you have to have some kind of air flow in, in most cases that is.. in this case if there is no air flow coming behind the gas ( from the cap, and behind meaning on top of the gas in the tank) the motor will work harder for less fuel.. you could drill a hole in the top of the gas cap and put a small air tube plastic peice in there.. like what you would find to extend fish tank air hoses.. then buy a vented no spill vent hose off ebay for 1.99 plus 4.99 shipping