Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2010, 03:53 PM   #46

It is indeed a two stroke, and I see now that I misread your prior post. When you said "Usually you only see roller bearings in the bottom ends of 2 cycle engines", I was thinking that you meant only the big end.

Now I see that you meant both ends of the connecting rod. I believe we are now on the same page. Your description of rollers in a two stroke vs. babbit in a four stroke makes perfect sense. How else would you maintain a hydrodynamic wedge between the bearing and journal in a four stroke?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-05-2010, 06:54 PM   #47

Even Kawasaki ended up going to plain bearings in the Ninjunk.

You could do the crank with a 60T jack and a loaded tractor trailer, but I would, in the interest of your fingers, not recommend it.

I bought the neatest tool the other day @ Princess Auto, a ball joint press.....I *think* it would do a GY6 crank with some fooling around.

Old 09-05-2010, 07:49 PM   #48

you guys can pick press's at harbor freight for a decent price..200 bucks gets a very decent press.