Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2012, 03:11 AM   #16

Please post photos from Saturday's ride! I want to see both Pastor Jim, and your TW200 in its native habitat!

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-04-2012, 12:15 PM   #17

You mention the Silver Wing.

I was following one of those on a country road to work a couple of days ago. I was on the Harley and that scooter really scooted :wink: . Granted I was on one of the slowest worst handling 'modern' motorcycles made but that scooter was fast. In acceleration and in the turns it looked like a lot of fun. I'm not used to fast(ish) scooters1 :P

Old 04-04-2012, 12:31 PM   #18

The Honda Silver Wing is a very nice scoot!

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-08-2012, 03:31 AM   #19

Sorry guys, not much of a ride report today, since it was all on pavement with few pics. Son of Weldangrind and I worked until 1:00am last night to try and wire the TS250 for lights, and we were finally successful early this afternoon. I ran down to the insurance office and got a plate and insurance. That meant that he was able to join Pastor Jim and I on a ride today, and it was his very first ride on the road.

We rode from Abbotsford to Langley, and our first stop was to see the good folks at Saga / Valley Motorsports. This is Pastor Jim with his Saga scoot and Son of Weldangrind with his Hibachi (that's how it smelled).

My favourite local China bike shop.

Pastor Jim is also an umpire, so we briefly stopped at a sports store. I grabbed a couple of pics of our machines.

We cruised over to Triple O's for a quick burger, then we made our way back to Abbotsford. We rode through the farm areas North of the highway, and it was a beautiful drive. After Pastor Jim went home for the day, Son of Weldangrind and I popped over to his Grandparent's house to mooch a cold beverage. We then took the long way home and stopped for a few more pics.

What a great day!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-08-2012, 05:48 PM   #20

I'm so happy for you guys on your ride.

BC is so beautiful you can give Spudland a run for it's money!

Old 04-08-2012, 09:02 PM   #21

We've only just scratched the surface.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-09-2012, 12:31 AM   #22

All three bikes look great! Thanks for posting the nice photos, Weld.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 04-09-2012, 11:03 AM   #23

Thanks! We haven't so much as hosed off the TS250. It still has all of the dirt on it that it came with. We'll start a thread on that bike soon.

Old 04-13-2012, 01:45 AM   #24

Hey hey! there's my shop :P

That must of been saturday after I left when you guys came by..

You are right weldangrind, you just missed me.. I wish I woulda stayed a bit longer, would of been great to have met your Son, and to see you and Pastor Jim agian!

Pastor Jims scooter looks sweet with his added touches with his pin-stripes
looks like he had the same idea in mind with the decal job from his Saga DLX to his Saga Cruse

Old 04-13-2012, 02:04 AM   #25

Those stripes are not exactly my style, but he really enjoys his scooter, and he gets a kick out of personalizing it.

I hope you're in next time; Son of Weldangrind and I will certainly drop in again.

Old 10-01-2012, 12:19 AM   #26

I failed to mention that Pastor Jim earned his MC endorsement a few weeks ago. He and I went on a terrific ride to Langley yesterday, where he treated me to a tasty Fatburger. My little (Zong tank equipped) TW doesn't quite have the off-the-line pickup that Jim's 250 scooter has, but it's a pleasure to ride anyway.

Old 10-01-2012, 12:30 PM   #27

Wonderful!

Fatburger?

Truth in advertising!

Sounds like a great day. 8)

Old 10-01-2012, 03:17 PM   #28

Please extend my congratulations to Pastor Jim for getting his motorcycle endorsement.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 10-01-2012, 11:56 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc
Wonderful!

Fatburger?

Truth in advertising!

Sounds like a great day. 8)
It's a Cali chain, IIRC. I've never visited one before, but it was quite tasty and decent quality also. He insisted on treating me because I take care of his scooter for him. I'm happy to help, and I enjoy hanging around with him. It was a great day.

Old 10-01-2012, 11:56 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
Please extend my congratulations to Pastor Jim for getting his motorcycle endorsement.

Spud
Thanks Spud, will do. He wanted me to say that he gives all the glory to God.