Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2019, 11:15 AM   #1

Powersportsmax and Peace

We purchased the BMS250 from Powersportsmax in late April. We researched the china syndrome to near death for months, read as many posts on this site, and even PM several members to get opinions, and so forth. The decision came down to the Blue Eagle Brozz and the BMS and a few different quality venders, including Don at apmc, and Jeff at Peace. I had talked with Jeff a year or two ago at actually becoming a dealer, and he was very professional and upfront .

Powersportsmax had a little financing deal as our cash flow was sagging a bit, as a temporary issue, and wanted to get the mrs an anniversary present. Therefore, the decision was made for the BMS. If Jeff had the same financing short term deal, I would have purchased from him. (Jeff was great in all his emails) Jeff has some good videos on assembly that helped with the BMS. The bike was shipped as promised, from powersportsmax, arrived in great condition, and we assembled. The entire process was painless, and relatively expedient.

Now the MCO dilemma…..powersports max said they sent the original MCO to me, however I now think I lost it, and because of my OA (old age), that's what I think. I cant find it. So on July 7, I had requested a duplicate copy, and had sent several emails bugging them to get the duplicate. They responded to all emails and said the process was in the works. At least they responded in a timely manner, to all emails. I do believe a few weeks to get a duplicate is not out of the question, since it was my fault for losing it. They even called me and left a message. So therefore, a day or two ago, they sent me a tracking number of the envelope, MCO, as it is to be delivered today!

We have not had any other issues with the bike requiring service, warranty or parts. So far so good!

I think that the next bike we are looking at, is either a Blue Eagle Brozz, and (I kinda hate fuel injection on bikes and wheelers), but also the Lifan Xpec.
A family that works together, plays together, shoots and trains together, and sleds together, stays together. Second amendment! SkiDoo sleds, NOW 2 TTR225, and a BMS250. A couple of quotes (we are not farmers) "I don't get off the farm much" "Am too old school" I call the china bikes "the china syndrome".

Last edited by wedooit; 07-25-2019 at 11:16 AM. Reason: cant type worth a darn

Old 07-25-2019, 01:49 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedooit View Post

I think that the next bike we are looking at, is either a Blue Eagle Brozz, and (I kinda hate fuel injection on bikes and wheelers), but also the Lifan Xpec.
As much as I want the Lifan myself, for your situation I would suggest the Brozz. You already have a Bashan, so it would seem natural from a convenience standpoint (i.e. parts from Jeff's Brozz250.com for both bikes) to go that route.

But, that Lifan is tempting...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 07-25-2019, 03:14 PM   #3

I have bought two bikes from Powesportsmax so far. Both for my boys. An Apollo db x18 and a coolster 125cc ATV. Both arrived within three days in excellent condition. I did have to warranty the ATV ignition. The lock cylinder fell off on the test ride, losing the keys with it. Had a replacement in a week. I will be buying my bike from them as well.

Old 07-26-2019, 10:38 AM   #4

UPDATE!!! The MCO arrived yesterday as promised, AND a bill of sale that I requested for the DMV. Now I can get it plated, for the road!!!! I have to have another vin inspection done from the county deputy. The last time he was here, we talked too much about guns and training and he forgot to check some of the boxes on the form. (since we live in the country we have our own range)Most of the deputies shoot and train often, and some teach concealed courses. The Sheriffs department has a very nice shooting and training range. Really good fellows!
A family that works together, plays together, shoots and trains together, and sleds together, stays together. Second amendment! SkiDoo sleds, NOW 2 TTR225, and a BMS250. A couple of quotes (we are not farmers) "I don't get off the farm much" "Am too old school" I call the china bikes "the china syndrome".

Old 07-26-2019, 11:12 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
As much as I want the Lifan myself, for your situation I would suggest the Brozz. You already have a Bashan, so it would seem natural from a convenience standpoint (i.e. parts from Jeff's Brozz250.com for both bikes) to go that route.

But, that Lifan is tempting...
I haven't seen any posts on Lifan here, unless I missed them, have you?
In the past, we have had so much trouble with the EFI on some wheelers, that just a negative situation.....fuel pumps and injectors. Even tho we use ethanol free gas. The Lifan appears, in pictures, to be a light duty machine. I wish I could see one and study it. Since I am a short, older dude, the seat height is tempting, vs modifying the seat and shock as we did on the BMS.

In the beginning of the journey to purchase a china syndrome bike, we were leery of all online vendors. Lucky, there is a small dealer in Salt Lake, that had a Storm, that we looked at. Their price setup was 2000.00. Their brick and mortar store was out of the way, and not like a typical dealership, with a service department. That is ok as they were trying to make an honest living, and had a fairly good sized inventory of china bikes, wheelers, etc., and they were kind and helpful. With a low markup, one needs to keep the overhead at a minimum. About that time I stumbled onto the chinariders site. So I emailed Peace with the thot of possibly becoming a dealer, and at that time Peace only sold to dealers. Jeff and I emailed several times, and he was kind, straight forward, and upfront with no used car salesman BS tactics. When megadan ordered that swing arm, I think Jeff said he pulled it off of a bike. That is service!

Thinking, the next bike will we be a Brozz.

Last edited by wedooit; 07-26-2019 at 11:19 AM. Reason: OA and typing errors...lol

Old 07-26-2019, 11:30 AM   #6

powersportsmax is owned by a company called Max Pro, LLC., they do have a website.

Old 07-26-2019, 06:35 PM   #7

A few years ago here on Chinariders, there was a tourist here from Israel, a young woman who had never ridden a motorcycle. She ended up buying a Storm, from a dealership in SLC. She learned how to ride and also learned maintenance from here, and after a few months, rode the bike from SLC to Brooklyn, before flying back to Israel. Your mentioning the Storm and SLC reminded me of her. She has a few videos from before she rode off on youtube. Her bike was pretty well loaded.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 07-26-2019, 09:33 PM   #8

Quote:
A few years ago here on Chinariders, there was a tourist here from Israel, a young woman who had never ridden a motorcycle. She ended up buying a Storm, from a dealership in SLC. She learned how to ride and also learned maintenance from here, and after a few months, rode the bike from SLC to Brooklyn, before flying back to Israel. Your mentioning the Storm and SLC reminded me of her. She has a few videos from before she rode off on youtube. Her bike was pretty well loaded.
I remember her.... Didn't she do a YouTube video before her trip?

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 08-01-2019, 09:47 AM   #9

Quote:

I did see the pictures and video, bike was really loaded. I pm one of the other fellows here that had a Storm to get an opinion, before I bought the BMS, he said he had 5000 miles thru country side and streams, rivers, with little or no problems.

Old 08-01-2019, 09:55 AM   #10

DMV UPDATE! Went to DMV to get the BMS legally registered for on road. Not a problem, all of the documents Powersportsmax gave me, were correct. Our DMV people are kind, VERY helpful, and friendly. Another point.... getting an off road sticker in Idaho is easy....just go to any dealer, give them your name, vin, make and model, with no documentation, paste the sticker on and Ranger Bob will leave you alone. AND the off road sticker for sleds and bikes help maintain our trails.