Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Free Classifieds > Wanted
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-24-2017, 04:50 PM   #1

Disabled kid's ATV 110cc or 125cc

Anybody have a disabled kid's ATV laying around?

So I got this crazy idea. I have this Kinetic TFR moped.

Long story short but I've had allot of issues with the 50cc engine. When it was running, the thing had no torque going up hills of any major grade. I guess this things were made for flat urban areas.

Here's some more photos if anybody is interested:

http://s222.photobucket.com/user/tur...?sort=2&page=1

Tennessee has some new law now that anything with a motor (except a bicycle with a motor kit) has to be tagged. The reason a motorized "bicycle" does not have to be registered is there is no VIN on it. There is some debate as to what the definition of a motorized bicycle actually is. But anyway, since I don't need a motorcycle licence for anything under 125cc, and I have to put a tag on it, why not put a bigger motor on it?

My idea was to mount preferably a 125cc engine on it. I've found some Lifan engines on Ebay but they are over $200 and don't come with a carburetor or muffler. I don't know if a 110cc would give me the torque I need. I guess it would be double that of a 50cc engine.

I'm not planning on building something that is going to exceed 60 mph. Just something that would make it up most hills and go about 45 mph on flat land.

I've been looking for some disabled kid's ATVs locally but to no avail. Finding the whole thing would be great since it would have the carburetor and exhaust with it plus I can use the cradle from the ATV and just weld some mounts to it and bolt it to the moped.

Here is a 79 Indian moped some guy installed a larger Lifan engine on.