Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Reviews
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2010, 02:40 PM   #1

Jacket review

Don't really know where to put this or if anyone cares but.....

I ordered a jacket from http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/ earlier this week. It is the smart thing to do to wear the right eq but also made the boss, erm wife much happier about my recent purchase.

Here is the one I ordered
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...sh-Jacket.aspx

I have never had a proper riding jacket so my opinions are based as such.

The jacket was shipped quickly, I ordered it Wed night and at order completion it stated an estimated delivery by Fri. I assumed this was a west coast seller and would have been happy to receive it Monday but sure enough it was shipped from Ky and was delivered Friday.

Having never owned such a jacket I followed Fieldsheer's sizing chart and ordered a Med. It fits perfectly. It has armor in the shoulders and elbows with reinforcements on the back. It comes with a "comfort pad in back " which is just some kind of foam. I was going to order the CE armor for the back but it is out of stock.

The armor in the shoulders and elbows fits in the proper location.

It has a "Rain blocker water resistant zip out liner". It is a plastic liner that I would compare to the material used in cheap ponchos that are overpriced at any outdoor sporting event you go to. I do think that it would work to block the wind from the vents and help keep you somewhat dry.

Now to the "High-Flow" aspect. I ordered this one because of the reviews. I live in Alabama. In the summer here you walk outside and take a bite of air due to the temps and humidity. The entire front, the back (except for the armor area) and the inner arms are all mesh. I wore the jacket for a test ride yesterday and this morning. On your chest and arms the airflow feels like you are wearing a t-shirt. I did get a little warm on the back under the pad but was really happy with the flow overall.

I am happy with this jacket and will keep you posted how it holds up due to wear.

Old 05-01-2010, 06:23 PM   #2

Thank you for the nice review, Bama. Please keep us updated as you wear your jacket during the coming months.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 05-01-2010, 11:27 PM   #3

Nice jacket! If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost? I bought the Tourmaster Transitions 2 jacket a while ago and just love it, though it is geared toward being warmer as opposed to all the venting on yours. I also ordered according to their size chart and came up with a medium. Fit's but is a little snug... Kind of wished I had gotten the large. Or else will have to try to lose a couple of pounds

Old 07-21-2010, 05:03 AM   #4

It is very beautiful jacket. Where you bought this jacket, and is there any guarantee of your jacket? Because the same type of jacket that I bought, but they do not give me any guarantee for my jacket.

Old 10-20-2010, 02:51 AM   #5

This is often a shorter type of jacket with a thin liner. Protection can vary widely.This Accessories & Gear Product Finder lets you quickly locate the product you want to read about.Scorpion packs the Extreme Distance Rider Commander jacket with features that make it safe, comfortable and versatile. Read the motorcycle jacket review to see how it treated our tester.

Old 03-07-2011, 08:53 PM   #6

I need to order a mesh jacket too. GA also has the take a bite of air summers.