Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Reviews
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2020, 06:38 PM   #1

Brozz 550 Mile Break in Review.

Wow I just got the Brozz in early December and it's almost broken in! (Broken in at 600 miles) so I figured it was time to post my thoughts and experience with the bike. A lil about my bike history Im 29 now, been riding since 19. I've owned about 20 bikes in that time. For Dualsports specifically I've had a KLX400 and a KLX 250. I got the Brozz after doing as much research as I could about the available Chinese dual sports. I realized that when I was dualsporting more often that not I was on my own just exploring any dirt road, fire, trail, logging road etc. I could find. This is my 1st Brand new bike which is really cool. I like the idea of not having a bunch of old gremlins to deal with, as has been the case with nearly every used bike I've owned. Anyway on to the review.

1st Impressions-Wow this thing looks really nice, even though the plastics are really to stiff for an offroad bike it sure does look nice, the build quality looks good. There are a few weld speckles here and there but the actual welds look good. Assembly was easy, the only weird part was having to remove the whole battery box to get the battery out, and it was kind of janky to get back in. Not fond of the design of this and the battery is a weird size. Valve adjust was needed out of the box, and is the easiest valve adjust you will ever do.

Actual riding-Holy crap this thing is comfy! I dialed in a little pre-load for my weight and the amazing seat absorbs anything the shock can't handle. Seriously you can put this seat against any other stock MC seat and I'd bet it's better. My first few hundred miles were a mix of country highway, backroads, normal dirt/gravel roads and a few forest service/fire roads. Power is pretty good, although you defiantly need to work the gears on mountain roads. It will not pull up a decent hill in 5th. 1st gear is a super granny gear and I quickly found out it will probably pull up anything as long as the tires have traction, awesome! I find 2nd to be to much of a step from 1st when offroad, should be shorter imo, 3rd and 4th seem to be good ratios. The fuel range is amazing! Over 200 miles on a dualsport! It's great being able to go out all day and pretty much never worry about fuel. This bike is really perfect for the majority of my riding. The engine is very smooth and dead quiet. I don't get fatigued at all even after a 6 hour ride I felt great. (Something I could not say about my KLX's).

Trail riding- This past weekend I really put it to the test and took it out to a friends farm who had little trails running all over it. It did great! The bikes low center of gravity and perfect for me seat height helped a lot here. As I found it very easy to flick around and maneuver. I did bottom out the front a couple times on some nasty bumps and ruts. The only thing that really held me back out here was the tires, I was sliding all over the place. I dropped it a couple times when I pushed to hard. But it was fine, didn't take any significant damage! Everyone else out riding thought the bike was really cool! They were amazed at the price and the equipment that came on it. They were flat out stunned when I set the alarm off and remote started it. Everyone got a kick out of that. I've used the feature so much I've never actually had the key in the ignition!. Needs a skid plate, and the rear brake mater cly moved up higher.

Conclusion- I like the Bashan Brozz quite a lot. There is very little to suggest that this is a $1750 bike.Nothing has fallen off or broken(knocks on wood). The engine continues to feel more powerful with each ride. It's just as capable at carving up the Blue ridge at 45 as it it chugging down a fire road at 20 and it will do 60 on the highway if I need to. I'd say not only is it a good bike for the money, it's just flat out a good bike.

Old 01-08-2020, 03:52 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJboughtamoto View Post
I'd say not only is it a good bike for the money, it's just flat out a good bike.
I agree!!
2022 Venom Ghost chopper 250
1997 Honda GL1500 Goldwing
1978 Kawasaki KL250
https://youtube.com/@herbiesgarage681

Old 01-08-2020, 05:53 AM   #3

Name:  Brozz1.jpg
Views: 850
Size:  98.0 KB

Name:  Brozz 3.jpg
Views: 849
Size:  98.3 KB

Name:  brozz 4.jpg
Views: 788
Size:  99.6 KB

Old 01-08-2020, 02:01 PM   #4

Great review and nice looking bike!
Thanks for posting this... Food for thought.

Old 01-29-2020, 12:08 PM   #5

Send a message via Yahoo to ikeus685
If you are wanting to do a quick upgrade to your front forks, find the weight and swap out the front fork oil to 5 or 10 heavier weight fork oil.
I went with 20 weight on my BD125 and is a bit too much for my 185 lbs.

Old 02-03-2020, 04:20 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJboughtamoto View Post
Wow I just got the Brozz in early December and it's almost broken in! (Broken in at 600 miles) so I figured it was time to post my thoughts and experience with the bike. A lil about my bike history Im 29 now, been riding since 19. I've owned about 20 bikes in that time. For Dualsports specifically I've had a KLX400 and a KLX 250. I got the Brozz after doing as much research as I could about the available Chinese dual sports. I realized that when I was dualsporting more often that not I was on my own just exploring any dirt road, fire, trail, logging road etc. I could find. This is my 1st Brand new bike which is really cool. I like the idea of not having a bunch of old gremlins to deal with, as has been the case with nearly every used bike I've owned. Anyway on to the review.

1st Impressions-Wow this thing looks really nice, even though the plastics are really to stiff for an offroad bike it sure does look nice, the build quality looks good. There are a few weld speckles here and there but the actual welds look good. Assembly was easy, the only weird part was having to remove the whole battery box to get the battery out, and it was kind of janky to get back in. Not fond of the design of this and the battery is a weird size. Valve adjust was needed out of the box, and is the easiest valve adjust you will ever do.

Actual riding-Holy crap this thing is comfy! I dialed in a little pre-load for my weight and the amazing seat absorbs anything the shock can't handle. Seriously you can put this seat against any other stock MC seat and I'd bet it's better. My first few hundred miles were a mix of country highway, backroads, normal dirt/gravel roads and a few forest service/fire roads. Power is pretty good, although you defiantly need to work the gears on mountain roads. It will not pull up a decent hill in 5th. 1st gear is a super granny gear and I quickly found out it will probably pull up anything as long as the tires have traction, awesome! I find 2nd to be to much of a step from 1st when offroad, should be shorter imo, 3rd and 4th seem to be good ratios. The fuel range is amazing! Over 200 miles on a dualsport! It's great being able to go out all day and pretty much never worry about fuel. This bike is really perfect for the majority of my riding. The engine is very smooth and dead quiet. I don't get fatigued at all even after a 6 hour ride I felt great. (Something I could not say about my KLX's).

Trail riding- This past weekend I really put it to the test and took it out to a friends farm who had little trails running all over it. It did great! The bikes low center of gravity and perfect for me seat height helped a lot here. As I found it very easy to flick around and maneuver. I did bottom out the front a couple times on some nasty bumps and ruts. The only thing that really held me back out here was the tires, I was sliding all over the place. I dropped it a couple times when I pushed to hard. But it was fine, didn't take any significant damage! Everyone else out riding thought the bike was really cool! They were amazed at the price and the equipment that came on it. They were flat out stunned when I set the alarm off and remote started it. Everyone got a kick out of that. I've used the feature so much I've never actually had the key in the ignition!. Needs a skid plate, and the rear brake mater cly moved up higher.

Conclusion- I like the Bashan Brozz quite a lot. There is very little to suggest that this is a $1750 bike.Nothing has fallen off or broken(knocks on wood). The engine continues to feel more powerful with each ride. It's just as capable at carving up the Blue ridge at 45 as it it chugging down a fire road at 20 and it will do 60 on the highway if I need to. I'd say not only is it a good bike for the money, it's just flat out a good bike.
Now that was an excellent review.. Might I ask your height and weight ? I need to know if I need a three inch heel to touch the ground ? Also the year of the bike ? Pretty much decided this is the one ( from China at least ) I'm debating whether to wait for a 2020 or just go with a 2018 or 2019.. Talked with the dealer and it seems the 2020 will be an even better bike complete with a skid plate.

Old 02-03-2020, 04:52 PM   #7

whats your top speed ,stock ,thx

Old 02-03-2020, 08:29 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBs View Post
Now that was an excellent review.. Might I ask your height and weight ? I need to know if I need a three inch heel to touch the ground ? Also the year of the bike ? Pretty much decided this is the one ( from China at least ) I'm debating whether to wait for a 2020 or just go with a 2018 or 2019.. Talked with the dealer and it seems the 2020 will be an even better bike complete with a skid plate.
I'm 5'11"/210lbs but more torso than leg, it's the 19' model. The 18' has conventional forks. Yeah the 20' is looking good. Luckily I found a skid plate off of an older Hawk style bike for $20 on ebay I'm gonna mount up.
1991 Voyager XII

Old 02-03-2020, 08:31 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored stiff View Post
whats your top speed ,stock ,thx
65mph on flat ground GPS, speedo reads 72mph
1991 Voyager XII