Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2015, 07:58 PM   #2326

I've been riding for over 50 years and come to think of it, Ive never had any warranty work ever done. Growing up on the farm if it broke, you fixed it. I still subscribe to the same philosophy today. I'm quire comfortable with the CSC warrany approach, 2 years of parts and I get to install them, excellent.

2015 Haosen Hawk 250
2014 CRF250L
2014 CB500X Rally Raid

Old 03-02-2015, 09:02 PM   #2327

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
Indeed, buying any Chinese motorcycle is a different experience from buying a Japanese or European motorcycle. The Japanese and European manufacturers have developed an extensive dealer network and parts supply infrastructure which is not available to owners of Chinese bikes. Therefore, we are required to be more independent, flexible, and resourceful than the owners of more established motorcycle brands. However, I enjoy doing my own repairs and modifications, so I enjoy the Chinese motorcycle experience. We China Riders are an independent, resourceful group of people, which is one of the reasons why we are willing to break the mold, and purchase Chinese motorcycles. Working together and helping each other, I am sure we are going to thoroughly enjoy owning our Zongshen RX3 motorcycles.
Very well said; I concur.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-02-2015, 09:03 PM   #2328

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19Tony View Post
Nah. I'm just going to hop on it and ride it back to Vegas. Maybe Joe will take me up into the San Gabriels for a shakedown ride before I head back.
That sounds like an awesome adventure! I'd be quite envious.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-02-2015, 09:05 PM   #2329

Quote:
I'm confident CSC is going to provide much better support, and a much better warranty than was ever offered by Zongshen America.
I get the same feeling. I suspect that CSC is in this for the long haul.

Old 03-02-2015, 09:08 PM   #2330

Quote:
I didn't have any problems that evening, and I have been happily riding my Zong ever since, without incident, for almost 68,000 miles.
I put 500 of those miles on, myself. I can attest to the quality of that terrific bike.

Old 03-02-2015, 09:09 PM   #2331

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolftrax View Post
I've been riding for over 50 years and come to think of it, Ive never had any warranty work ever done. Growing up on the farm if it broke, you fixed it. I still subscribe to the same philosophy today. I'm quire comfortable with the CSC warrany approach, 2 years of parts and I get to install them, excellent.
I'm with you. I don't want anybody else working on my bike, so I'll take the warranty parts.

Old 03-02-2015, 10:18 PM   #2332

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
I'm with you. I don't want anybody else working on my bike, so I'll take the warranty parts.
Same here!

Old 03-02-2015, 10:45 PM   #2333
Banned

I agree with everyones comments (except one part).

I (and all of these comments so far) are made by experienced motorcycle owners, entheusiasts, who have and enjoy (and have most if not all tools to do most repairs that will ever arise). and know what we are buying, and the issues we choose to IGNORE, not ask questions about, ask to see written proof it is what is claimed, or even exists (or is planned to EVER exist.) Thats fine, as I said, I still have my bike on order at this time. I was warned any non upbeat comments would be treated with "shoot the messenger" status. OK. I expected that.
I think saying "This bike is RECOMMENDED for those who know how to work on bikes, and are owners already of other bikes, or think they can do ANY needed repairs with a tutorial and a owners/shop type manual. Say this is a "parts only, but double every other bike warranty I know of", (way offsettingly positive to ME than the average stealership..

Just DON'T say great for new to the sport riders. Bike yes, not having tools, workspace, or experience/desire to do so, not. Suppose its a woman (or pretty boy first time buyer) not wanting greasy hands? (I'd suggest don't get a bike, its gonna happen, sooner than later, IMHO), if marketing as is stays as it is now, they buy, first trip to stealership, "warranty denied, customer gets stuck with a (probably) huge bill, and viola, pissed off ranter.
I'm not requoting the sales/warranty info, its there. I just reread it, so posted this here, now.For anyone with hazy memory, reread it, if in doubt.

Saying the warranty is x, (independent approved service centers)when its actually Y,(no plans to set up any, nor any policy to ever set them up) is an ISSUE with me, ALWAYS, anywhere, and anytime.

Everyone (ALSO) thinks 12.00 disposable oil filters is good? ALL parts from ONE single source good also? After bikes get delivered that tune will change, if its "yehaw" still on here now, IMHO.

I believe in everyones right to do whatever they CHOOSE to do, if all info is true and correct, they are making decisions on. I also, believe in making sure thats the case, as should anyone entrusted with public opinion and or decision making should also be SURE they aren't promoting something thats phony, or untrue. Thats just my OPINION, YMMV.

Old 03-02-2015, 10:53 PM   #2334

Quote:
Nah. I'm just going to hop on it and ride it back to Vegas. Maybe Joe will take me up into the San Gabriels for a shakedown ride before I head back.
Let me know if you will be there the weekend of March 27-29th. PM me. The Angeles Crest would be a good ride for you looking at Google maps--head up the 210 to La Canada and over the mountains on the 2; end up on the Pearblossom Hwy (138) to the 15 and you are a hop skip and a jump to Vegas (although the drive is always exaggerated by people who act like it takes an hour and a half driving from L.A. to L.V.)

The scene is funny, but the part from about 1:00 to about 1:20 is what I was writing about, LOL

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-02-2015, 11:12 PM   #2335

Quote:
I agree. I'm very confident you won't have any problems whatsoever, and will thoroughly enjoy your ride. However, I consider a trip from Azusa to Las Vegas more of a local ride than a cross-country adventure.

P.S. I hope you take lots of photographs, and post a nice ride report.
I don't get to ride much, Spud. It will be an adventure for me. I may take an extra day and go back to Vegas via Death Valley.

Old 03-02-2015, 11:36 PM   #2336

Quote:
I don't get to ride much, Spud. It will be an adventure for me. I may take an extra day and go back to Vegas via Death Valley.
Death Valley is an awesome ride; one of the best on the planet. If you don't mind someone tagging along and I can get the time off, I might ride that portion with you. The scenery is stunning.

Old 03-02-2015, 11:40 PM   #2337

If you're that close, Joe, you might as well ride all the way to Vegas! Vegas, baby, Vegas!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-03-2015, 12:03 AM   #2338

Quote:
That sounds great! Please do take lots of photographs, and post a ride report.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-03-2015, 12:04 AM   #2339

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSCDude View Post
Death Valley is an awesome ride; one of the best on the planet. If you don't mind someone tagging along and I can get the time off, I might ride that portion with you. The scenery is stunning.

Someday I would also like to ride Death Valley.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-03-2015, 12:56 AM   #2340

About 30 minutes ago the Hanjin Germany was located northeast of Adak Island. The vessel was sailing east at 13.6 knots, and was located at point #2 on the map below.

Adak Island is the 25th largest island in the United States, and is home to its eponymous town of Adak, which is the southernmost town in Alaska. Here are some photographs and a video from Adak Island.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Last edited by SpudRider; 03-03-2015 at 01:28 AM.