Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3

Old 10-29-2017, 11:00 AM   #1

Destinations Deal Tour

I know a few of you follow the CSC blog, so apologies in advance for the redundancy. Here are a few of my favorite photos from the ride...

The full story is on the CSC blog. The bikes performed flawlessly, and we obtained fuel economies that surprised everybody (even riding two up). It was about 1600 miles round trip.

Old 10-29-2017, 12:46 PM   #2

Quote:
I know a few of you follow the CSC blog
Really enjoy your blog contributions . . you have a very interesting life!

Referencing the Zongshen visit . . just curious if CSC is considering importing some actual scooters. In the lower tier category . . the around $700 TaoTao and IceBear 50cc's seem to presently dominate the market. But a Zongshen price point may offer an alternative to Sym-Lance and Kymco. Completing a Scooter Cannonball would give the brand some "street cred".

Electric scooters may be a significant market risk . . based on this posting.

Trans-It 50 cost comparison . . gas $850 shipped . . electric $2945.

Old 10-29-2017, 12:49 PM   #3

Thanks Joe. Fabulous photos and a deep regret that I couldn’t get time from work to join this epic ride.

Old 10-29-2017, 01:16 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoise View Post
Really enjoy your blog contributions . . you have a very interesting life!

Referencing the Zongshen visit . . just curious if CSC is considering importing some actual scooters. In the lower tier category . . the around $700 TaoTao and IceBear 50cc's seem to presently dominate the market. But a Zongshen price point may offer an alternative to Sym-Lance and Kymco. Completing a Scooter Cannonball would give the brand some "street cred".

Electric scooters may be a significant market risk . . based on this posting.

Trans-It 50 cost comparison . . gas $850 shipped . . electric $2945.
We are considering bringing in scooters. No decisions yet, but the scooter models from Zongshen are intriguing. The Scooter Cannonball sounds like it might be fun, too.

China is way ahead of the US in using electric vehicles, especially scooters. Their driving habits are different, though (typically short distances, mostly all in urban areas), and electric scooters fare well in that riding scenario. In the cities, you'd see perhaps 50 or 100 electric scooters for every gas scooter. The top speeds are in the range of 30 mph and the range is small. They use their electric scooters like cell phones...they plug them in for a recharge every where they go. Not sure how that would play in the US.

China also encourages electric scooter use by not requiring a driver's license for an electric scooter, and allowing electric scooters to go places closer to the city center (where gas scooters are prohibited). That wouldn't fly here.

I rode the Zong electric scooters in Chongqing. They produce big torque from zero speed, and it felt weird to me. Always felt like they were trying to scoot out from under me when starting from a dead stop. I suppose I'd get used to it, though.

Old 10-29-2017, 01:18 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtking View Post
Thanks Joe. Fabulous photos and a deep regret that I couldn’t get time from work to join this epic ride.
Next time, Bob. Would love to have you ride with us.

Old 10-29-2017, 10:50 PM   #6

Thanks for the pics, Joe. I've been following the ride on your blog and feeling sorry for myself for not being able to join you.

2016 CanAm Spyder F3-L

Old 10-29-2017, 10:51 PM   #7

Looks like a great time. I'm hoping to join again on a future trip!

Old 10-29-2017, 11:03 PM   #8

We all follow your posts...keep up the good work. Enjoyed the Asia trip pics with your spouse . Those lovely Thai women on the backs of scooters
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 11-14-2017, 01:04 AM   #9

DD Video

Joe Gresh recently posted this video from the Destinations Deal tour. We sure had a great time.

Old 12-08-2017, 06:32 PM   #10

So now that its winter here in WW I finally have time to do a little ride report on the Destination Deal ride. It was a great time , saw some new places I have never been. Met new RX3 riders who were all a blast to travel with. Bikes ran great. Joe Berk did an excellent job of keeping us safe and sound and on time. Depending on how my inet is working I'll probably have to do this in several posts so I'll stop here and start the process of getting photos on photobucket which I'm not real fond of. Any one have a better online photo place to put the pics on? thanks, rj

Last edited by rjmorel; 12-12-2017 at 02:06 AM. Reason: pics

Old 12-08-2017, 11:36 PM   #11

Rob, you could post them on Facebook and set the post public and then put the link in your post here

Old 12-09-2017, 07:47 PM   #12

Rob, I use Smugmug for photo hosting. It's easy to use and flawless when it comes to posting photos here or other sites.

Old 12-09-2017, 07:58 PM   #13

Smile

thanks Joe and pyoungbl, Photobucket is a time waster with all the pop up adds, tried Flickr but cant get my photos over to this sight. I could put the link on here for all to go to but I like to see ride report pics and descriptions on here. Not have to click around to get to stuff. getting old and grumpy. I'll look at Smugmug tonight. thanks rj

Old 12-10-2017, 06:54 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jontando View Post
I'm fond of imgur.

That is super clean!