Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2016, 08:24 PM   #16

Just thought I'd add another CSC reputable customer service story #248...my friend ordered centerstand for his bike back in October...was delayed obviously like everyones and they ended up shipping it to the same address he was at in October but he had moved and bought a house since then..he went to the old house which was still vacant and found the box from them clearly had been sitting out for a week and it had been opened up and center stand stolen. Gotta love downtown seattle and why on earth someone would even want to take that with them I have no idea...nevertheless he called CSC and they sent him out another one for free. They definitely should of alerted him that it shipped or confirmed his address, but they made it right by sending another one out. Good luck installing yours Spud cant wait to hear your thoughts on it.

Old 01-23-2016, 09:00 PM   #17

Thanks for reporting another example of excellent customer service, Dude.

I was going to install my center stand today, but it started to snow. If the weather forecast is good, I will probably install my center stand on Thursday.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 01-23-2016, 10:23 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdude View Post
my friend ordered centerstand for his bike back in October...was delayed obviously like everyones and they ended up shipping it to the same address he was at in October but he had moved and bought a house since then..he went to the old house which was still vacant and found the box from them clearly had been sitting out for a week and it had been opened up and center stand stolen. Gotta love downtown seattle and why on earth someone would even want to take that with them I have no idea...
Probably sold it for scrap for $3.
I was wondering why mine was taking so long but I never questioned it since I haven't registered it yet. Going on Monday.
Will

Old 01-23-2016, 11:26 PM   #19

That is excellent service!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-24-2016, 12:06 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inroads View Post
I wonder if CSC is offering an adjusted price for those who bought the original
But now want the updated one ?
I have an experimental centerstand I want to build and the old design stand would be useful. In fact, I could use several.
So, if anyone has an old one and is buying a new one, I'd like to work something out with them.
PM me if interested.

Old 01-24-2016, 06:49 PM   #21

Just a thought for you guys when installing your center stand.
If you have trouble getting it into the frame bracket as if the new stand is a bit too wide, check for burrs banged up on the frame mounting bracket from hitting rocks. The center stand mounting bracket is the lowest portion of the frame and will get dinged up if you hit any rocks. Gently Feel the inside portion where the stand goes into and if you feel a sharp burr, hit it with a file. Be careful when feeling it as they can be sharp as a razor blade.

Readhawk47,
I'll keep you in mind for my old center stand but haven't ordered a new one yet as I want to see how they work out on others bikes. I'm wondering if those of us that put a lowering link on would need a shorter center stand to compensate like other bike brands do?
rj

Old 01-24-2016, 09:37 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHawk47 View Post
I have an experimental centerstand I want to build and the old design stand would be useful. In fact, I could use several.
So, if anyone has an old one and is buying a new one, I'd like to work something out with them.
PM me if interested.
Redhawk, I will definitely keep you in mind should I replace mine with a new one.

Old 01-25-2016, 12:43 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmorel View Post
Just a thought for you guys when installing your center stand.
If you have trouble getting it into the frame bracket as if the new stand is a bit too wide, check for burrs banged up on the frame mounting bracket from hitting rocks. The center stand mounting bracket is the lowest portion of the frame and will get dinged up if you hit any rocks. Gently Feel the inside portion where the stand goes into and if you feel a sharp burr, hit it with a file. Be careful when feeling it as they can be sharp as a razor blade...

rj
Thanks for posting the good tip, Rob.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 01-26-2016, 07:30 AM   #24

Looks like there is no difference between the original Centerstand and the updated one save for the deployment arm.
Which has me thinking I'll call CSC to see if I could just purchase the arm and weld it on myself.
Also I'm surprised that there is not a gusset where the arm meets the stand.
I would definitely add a gusset there because of the load of standing on it with all my weight.

Old 01-26-2016, 01:23 PM   #25

You're right. I am definitely going to weld a gusset where the deployment arm meets the frame of the center stand.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 01-29-2016, 12:12 AM   #26

Today I installed my 2nd generation, CSC center stand. I like this center stand a lot.

The quality of manufacture is very good. It is easy to lift the bike onto the center stand. The center stand is stable when deployed. Ground clearance is not compromised when the center stand is raised. The center stand lofts the rear wheel.

I did need to trim the center stand to enable it to deploy properly. I used my 4-1/2" angle grinder to remove a little material from the top of the center stand. I will paint this area of the stand the next time I remove the center stand. At that time, I will also weld a gusset between the deployment arm and the left leg of the center stand.

As promised, here are several photographs of the bike with the center stand in the retracted position.

Here are several photographs from the left side of the bike showing the center stand in the deployed position.

Here are several photographs from the right side of the bike showing the center stand in the deployed position.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 01-29-2016, 12:29 AM   #27

The 2nd generation, CSC center stand fits easily inside the frame mounts. I did not need to trim the mounts.

I used my Tusk Spring Puller, instead of a screwdriver, to facilitate the installation of the spring.

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p...+spring+puller

I hooked the free end of the spring on the Tusk spring puller. Using the Tusk tool as a lever, and the spring mount on the center stand as a fulcrum, I stretched the spring. Holding the spring in the stretched position with one hand, I inserted about 9 pennies between the coils of the spring with the other hand.

With the pennies holding the spring in a stretched position, I released the lever. I then used the Tusk tool to pull the spring onto the spring mount of the center stand. After the spring was installed, I removed the pennies.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Last edited by SpudRider; 01-29-2016 at 01:05 AM.

Old 01-29-2016, 12:35 AM   #28

I deploy the center stand using the following method.

Standing of the left side of the bike, I grab the lower engine guard with my left hand, and the passenger grip rail with my right hand. I balance the bike in a vertical position. I use my right foot to press the center stand to the ground. Then I lean to the right, extending both legs as I pull with my left hand, and push with my right hand.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 01-29-2016, 12:41 AM   #29

The first time I deployed the center stand, it would not rock forward into the locked position. Therefore, I lowered the bike on the side stand. Examining the top of the center stand, I noticed two marks where the frame of the bike had contacted high points on the top of the center stand. I trimmed the high points with my angle grinder, and once again attempted to deploy the center stand. I repeated this process several times, until I had trimmed the top of the center stand enough for the stand to deploy properly.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 01-29-2016, 12:46 AM   #30

When it is convenient, I will remove the center stand and weld a gusset between the deployment arm and the left leg of the center stand. At that time I will also paint the gusset and the trimmed area of the center stand. After the paint dries, I will re-install the center stand, and the job will be complete.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220