Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2016, 12:12 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsocial View Post

Are you able to make it a public Google Drive doc? Of course, I would probably not allow anyone to edit it but you, but if we had a link to it to a Google Drive doc, it is something we could all save and have access to.
Yes, I will publish the google drive link - wanted to get additional input before doing so and also wanted to see if others would find such a document useful.

While I'm somewhat leery of wrenching on my bike, I am looking forward to learning - I've wrenched on multimillion dollar equipment in a semiconductor manufacturing facility (though that was ages ago)....so I should feel like with sufficient instructions, I should be able to manage learning how to work on my own motorcycle!

I appreciate all the willingness to share information on this forum, and I figured this might be an opportune way to "give back"

Old 05-21-2016, 12:13 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbfla View Post
The chart shows a wheel bearing inspection at 12,000 miles.

Considering Spud's broken wheel bearing, it might be prudent to inspect them more frequently,

.....perhaps at every tire change.

jb
Well noted, I will take Spud's wording recommendation and will make the update.

Old 05-21-2016, 12:15 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRider View Post
Thanks Sprite, a great addition. Maybe a little tongue-in-cheek, but I would add a daily inspection of the RX-3 forum on ChinaRiders. Spud has done such an excellent job of collecting and disseminating information on our bike, that I need a daily read of the forums to keep up to date.
honestly if it wasn't for this forum, I'm not sure I would have bought my RX3. I was definitely apprehensive about being put in a situation where I was going to have to do all my own maintenance and troubleshooting.

Old 05-21-2016, 05:06 PM   #19

I was a bit leery too, but all the support and information from everyone made it an easy decision.

2015 CSC red RX3 with 19" front wheel, Shinko 804/805, skid plate, tall seat, 13T/45T sprockets, progressive shock, Winyoochanok windshield, GENSSI LED headlight, SW-Motech tankbag, Shorai Lithium battery
2014 Ural Patrol

Old 05-21-2016, 05:19 PM   #20

Thank you for your kind words, George. It's people such as you who make these forums such a nice place to frequent.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 05-21-2016, 08:49 PM   #21

okay folks - I replaced the flickr screencapture with a link to the google drive sheet.
It is not editable, but if you have a comment for an update, please post here and I'll update periodically.

Old 05-21-2016, 10:32 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodlandsprite View Post
honestly if it wasn't for this forum, I'm not sure I would have bought my RX3. I was definitely apprehensive about being put in a situation where I was going to have to do all my own maintenance and troubleshooting.
Amen !

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 05-22-2016, 11:06 AM   #23

Yes! Same here. The amount of organized info on this forum, helped me to finally pull the trigger. I have been reading the forum since early last year, but never joined in the conversation until I actually put a down payment. I do know there are other forums, but I do not want to overwhelm myself with information. I see detours on a number of others, at the end of the day, everything seems to show up here. I feel like I am part of a family.

Anyways, if this rain every stops, I'll actually be able to get 200 miles on the bike and finally do my first oil change.

2016 Zongshen RX3 (CSC Cyclone)

Pay it Forward!

Old 05-22-2016, 11:14 AM   #24

Head Scratching

Madsocial, an easy way to get a quick fix of China riders is just stick to the new posts button. This way you can fuel the obsession with mass amounts of time draining posts.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 05-22-2016, 01:47 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsocial View Post
...I feel like I am part of a family.

Anyways, if this rain every stops, I'll actually be able to get 200 miles on the bike and finally do my first oil change.
You and everybody here are indeed members of the China Riders family. We have always had a great group of members who are helpful and friendly; people who buy Chinese motorcycles are a special, independent breed. We work hard to maintain the friendly, helpful, family-oriented atmosphere of these forums, and we are glad you decided to join us.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 10-27-2017, 12:22 AM   #26

When CSC sent out the notice on their latest parts sale, they mentioned replacing the fuel filter every 2000 miles. I hadn't heard that one before, and it's not on WLS's schedule. Anyone care to debate adding it, or adjusting the mileage?

Old 10-27-2017, 03:03 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckayprod View Post
When CSC sent out the notice on their latest parts sale, they mentioned replacing the fuel filter every 2000 miles. I hadn't heard that one before, and it's not on WLS's schedule.
Indeed, I didn't see it mentioned anywhere else before, though it makes sense to replace the fuel filter with some frequency. I suspect there are a number of folks out there who have significantly more than 2000 miles on their bikes at this point!!

I only have an RX3 so I don't know what the comparable maintenance/replacement interval is on other bikes for a fuel filter...

Old 10-27-2017, 05:09 PM   #28

RE fuel filter replacement. My experience with other FI bikes was that they did not offer any required filter replacement interval. That's with Ducati and Guzzi and over about 8 different bikes. The same applies to my various 4 wheel vehicles. You would think that there would be a replacement interval but...I have yet to see one. This falls in the category of 'it can't hurt'. If I were in an area where crappy fuel was the norm I'd change the darn filter frequently, I'm not and won't yet.

Old 10-29-2017, 10:54 PM   #29

I'm at just about 15K miles on mine. Have the fuel filter sitting on the shelf for the next time I pull the tank to do the valves. So far I've had no issues with my bike.