Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2017, 01:56 PM   #1

New to enduro, AZ.

Well i decided to jump into the enduro world, cheap way!, Black Bashan Enforcer 250 for $1000, wasn't too bad.

Been riding for the last 9 years, started on a ruckus NPS50, put about 15k miles on that, then a ninja 250r, put about 42k on it, and now have a fjr1300 ive put 32k on the last 2 years. So I ride a lot.

Have always wanted an enduro style, but never could justify buying a ktm, or kls, or w/e 3 letter 250-650 versions. Incoming the hawk 250. One of my co-workers picked one up and i learned about these Chinese bikes from him. Ended up going with this black Bashan Enforcer due to it being a few hundred cheaper then the rest and would be a good little project bike to learn more about them. (did like the blue storm bike the best, but seems to be about 1650 shipped).

Got it registered no problem, but the insurance they had to manually enter it in. Only issue with that is it seems its more expensive then my ninja, and not much less than my fjr...which makes no sense to me. Only reason i need it street legal is to ride about 4 miles from my house to bulldog canyon trailhead :/ Gonna have them re-check other companies to see if any others will offer a better/lower deal. $284 to ensure a dirt bike seems steep..when my ninja is only 194..

Anyone have any recommendations on that?, whats your guys insurance company/price ranges for a year?

Ill at least be able to drive it home tonight, so that will be a plus. May take it for a spin to bulldog canyon on thanks giving early in the morning.

So far the carb seems to work just fine, just have to give it a bit of gas right as it starts and then it idls fine (from sitting in a garage, may not if it was outside in the cold).

Plan on doing the carb swap out in the future, mainly so I get the feel for doing more manual work on the bikes, hate having to pay the shop for stuff, but I just don't have the experience with bikes (other than riding a lot).

As far as parts go, from what ive gathered reading, the enforcer is essentially the bashan version of the hawk, so most parts/tutorials should work just fine? Only things i really want to add right now are some handleguards and a rear luggage rack, so i can carry extra gas just in case.

Either way, should be a fun bike. Ill probably record video with my sena tube of the first off road trip and post that up at some point.

Old 11-20-2017, 11:11 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReconOne View Post
Well i decided to jump into the enduro world, cheap way!, Black Bashan Enforcer 250 for $1000, wasn't too bad.

Been riding for the last 9 years, started on a ruckus NPS50, put about 15k miles on that, then a ninja 250r, put about 42k on it, and now have a fjr1300 ive put 32k on the last 2 years. So I ride a lot.

Have always wanted an enduro style, but never could justify buying a ktm, or kls, or w/e 3 letter 250-650 versions. Incoming the hawk 250. One of my co-workers picked one up and i learned about these Chinese bikes from him. Ended up going with this black Bashan Enforcer due to it being a few hundred cheaper then the rest and would be a good little project bike to learn more about them. (did like the blue storm bike the best, but seems to be about 1650 shipped).

Got it registered no problem, but the insurance they had to manually enter it in. Only issue with that is it seems its more expensive then my ninja, and not much less than my fjr...which makes no sense to me. Only reason i need it street legal is to ride about 4 miles from my house to bulldog canyon trailhead :/ Gonna have them re-check other companies to see if any others will offer a better/lower deal. $284 to ensure a dirt bike seems steep..when my ninja is only 194..

Anyone have any recommendations on that?, whats your guys insurance company/price ranges for a year?

Ill at least be able to drive it home tonight, so that will be a plus. May take it for a spin to bulldog canyon on thanks giving early in the morning.

So far the carb seems to work just fine, just have to give it a bit of gas right as it starts and then it idls fine (from sitting in a garage, may not if it was outside in the cold).

Plan on doing the carb swap out in the future, mainly so I get the feel for doing more manual work on the bikes, hate having to pay the shop for stuff, but I just don't have the experience with bikes (other than riding a lot).

As far as parts go, from what ive gathered reading, the enforcer is essentially the bashan version of the hawk, so most parts/tutorials should work just fine? Only things i really want to add right now are some handleguards and a rear luggage rack, so i can carry extra gas just in case.

Either way, should be a fun bike. Ill probably record video with my sena tube of the first off road trip and post that up at some point.
I have the bare bones insurance on my Hawk at 100.00 dollars for 12 months. It doesn't have comprehensive. If I break I fix. Just the min to make it legal. Try Geico online.

Old 11-21-2017, 12:26 AM   #3

I have Geico and it’s like $10 per month. I would definitely check around. Let us know what you find out. Welcome to the forum!
-2016 Hawk 250 - Kitty Hawk - eBay exhaust, Mikuni carb(120 main/30 Pilot), airbox mod with K&N filter, digital cluster, total LEDs, 17/45 sprockets, RK chain, Shinko 244 tires, trunk, aftermarket levers, burrito tube, skid plate, Sargent Cycle Seat...
-2003 HD Sportster 100th Anniversary
-1999 Buell X-1 Lightning - Race kit, Buell Seat

Old 11-21-2017, 06:37 AM   #4

Same here. Geico $99 a year.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 11-21-2017, 02:12 PM   #5

Guess ill check geico, sounds a lot better hah. I was on them for a while but moved to progressive who was cheaper, then a few years later safco which was like 300 cheaper than progressive.

Thanks guys!

Old 11-21-2017, 04:59 PM   #6

Yep geico was 99 a year so swapped the bashan over there. May check out a quote on my other one (selling ninja soon) if it can be cheaper there too.

Old 11-22-2017, 08:43 AM   #7

welcome.

yup me too GEICO $99 per year. online easy

Old 11-22-2017, 08:48 AM   #8

Oh I forgot to add that is with 300k of coverage so I don't leave a gap in my umbrella. All for $99 per year.

Old 11-22-2017, 10:57 AM   #9

Welcome to the forum, Recon. We're a bunch of picture junkies here, and we really enjoy seeing what everyone else has and has done. If you get a chance, maybe upload a couple pictures of your new ride. I just moved out to Phoenix from Atlanta, and I'm really happy with the riding out here. PM me if you'd like to get together and do some riding. Bulldog Canyon looks like a whole lot of fun.

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 11-22-2017, 01:09 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerikol View Post
Welcome to the forum, Recon. We're a bunch of picture junkies here, and we really enjoy seeing what everyone else has and has done. If you get a chance, maybe upload a couple pictures of your new ride. I just moved out to Phoenix from Atlanta, and I'm really happy with the riding out here. PM me if you'd like to get together and do some riding. Bulldog Canyon looks like a whole lot of fun.
Ill be headed out tomorrow and hopefully get some pictures on the trail. May go all the way to the lake to repeat my ninjas pictures when i first got it. (that are not in my garage).