Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2023, 01:25 AM   #136

I can confirm that PA title and registration works still. I have gotten the bike fully street legal in Allegheny County as of a week ago.

Old 07-20-2023, 09:49 AM   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
You are more than welcome to start that list.
Well, I have not had a problem registering in Missouri.

I remember back in 1982 or so I bought a Honda XR250. No turn signals, no horn, no battery, and I had no problem registering it in a rural New Mexico town!!

I don't think that would happen today, but I think that the key is having all of your paperwork in hand. For new bikes, you need the certificate of origin ("MSO" or "MCO"), and it has to show "motorcycle", not dirt bike or off road only.

Insurance is required (presumably every State!). This can be tough with some insurance companies if the brand/manufacturer is not in their database. I had good luck with Geico, but I was ADDING a bike, already had a Suzuki insured with Geico, and no claims on record. I had to read the company name (Wuyi Zumaav for the Templar). And I was only asking for liability/financial responsibility level insurance.

The bill of sale/sales receipt is usually easy.

Many States require proof that your personal property tax is paid, up to date.

Having it all there, and being friendly seems to work. If it is insured and all off the boxes are checked, it makes their life easier.

Old 07-20-2023, 12:37 PM   #138

Hope to be adding Wyoming to the list here real soon.

"If there were more bloody noses, there would be less wars." - Hagbard Celine

"Someday, after mastering the waves, the winds, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Old 07-25-2023, 11:39 PM   #139

You can add Nevada to the list. Simple VIN inspection, and easy paperwork for on road plates.

Fallon Nevada DMV.

Old 02-15-2024, 02:24 PM   #140

Hey guys, I have the title/MCO and am preparing to go the DMV in central Arkansas to get 2 bikes i'm assembling to be registered to be legal on the street. My paperwork list the bike as an "Off Road Motorcycle" I recall seeing a thread on here somewhere where the paper work on the title had to be changed to motorcycle before it could be registered, am I correct to assume that "Off Road Motocycle" would be a problem? If so, what would I ask the dealer to get this corrected.
Is it possible that I could take my existing paperwork to the DMV with "Off Road motorcycle" and hope to be successful?

emptyschmitz above referenced needing the following documents from your dealer to get their registered: Odometer Statement, Bill of Sale and Certificate of Origin... I only have the Certificate of Origin.

Sir kayakalot who is in Arkansas like me referenced he only needed "MCO, proof of insurance and proof of assessment". I was planning to let my kids ride these a year or so around my house or so before allowing them out on the road. Is insurance still necessary in my case? Or is a must to get the bikes registered? I was hoping to hold off on the insurance until they were to be used on the road, but I didn't want to mess up or be penalized by not registering when I received the bikes either.

Old 02-15-2024, 02:29 PM   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by rithac View Post
Hey guys, I have the title/MCO and am preparing to go the DMV in central Arkansas to get 2 bikes i'm assembling to be registered to be legal on the street. My paperwork list the bike as an "Off Road Motorcycle" I recall seeing a thread on here somewhere where the paper work on the title had to be changed to motorcycle before it could be registered, am I correct to assume that "Off Road Motocycle" would be a problem? If so, what would I ask the dealer to get this corrected.
Is it possible that I could take my existing paperwork to the DMV with "Off Road motorcycle" and hope to be successful?

emptyschmitz above referenced needing the following documents from your dealer to get their registered: Odometer Statement, Bill of Sale and Certificate of Origin... I only have the Certificate of Origin.

Sir kayakalot who is in Arkansas like me referenced he only needed "MCO, proof of insurance and proof of assessment". I was planning to let my kids ride these a year or so around my house or so before allowing them out on the road. Is insurance still necessary in my case? Or is a must to get the bikes registered? I was hoping to hold off on the insurance until they were to be used on the road, but I didn't want to mess up or be penalized by not registering when I received the bikes either.
Contact the seller and have them reissue the MCO stating "Motorcycle" That will save you a lot of headaches. You will probably get rejected with it stating
"Off Road Motorcycle"
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 02-21-2024, 02:26 PM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
Contact the seller and have them reissue the MCO stating "Motorcycle" That will save you a lot of headaches. You will probably get rejected with it stating
"Off Road Motorcycle"
@jerryhawk250 : Thanks for the advice! I've contacted the seller and they are sending out a correct MCO. Now I just have finish getting them assembled.. I'm close!

Old 02-21-2024, 04:17 PM   #143

Which seller is this? And please keep us in the loop...It would be great to know which vendors help with this problem. Some of them sell LOTS of ATVs and pitbikes, and those come with off road vehicle type. The Hawk should ship with an MCO stating motorcycle. It is usually just a mistake.

Old 03-11-2024, 06:37 PM   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Which seller is this? And please keep us in the loop...It would be great to know which vendors help with this problem. Some of them sell LOTS of ATVs and pitbikes, and those come with off road vehicle type. The Hawk should ship with an MCO stating motorcycle. It is usually just a mistake.
Thumper, Seller was powersportsmax.com It took a few emails back and forth and I referenced that we had previously discussed having the MCO issue as Motorcycle and not "off road motorcycle". They confirmed my address and sent out a new one.
Insurance was added today, so I'm planning to get tags this week. My fingers are crossed, but hoping to not have any issues.

Old 03-11-2024, 07:03 PM   #145

PSM is good about sending a revised MCO. Good news.

What motorcycle did you buy?

Old 03-13-2024, 10:11 AM   #146

Quote:
PSM is good about sending a revised MCO. Good news.

What motorcycle did you buy?
Thumper, After input from you and several others here I went with 2 of the XPro Templar 250's. One in Blue and one in orange. I've still got some work to to on the blue one dealing with the throttle cable, but they run and my kids are stoked! I'm debating on if I need to get a 3rd one just for myself!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/fX8zyqideJX9i8WR7

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wtp1kuGQ4Mwjpoa78

Old 03-13-2024, 10:40 AM   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by rithac View Post
Thumper, After input from you and several others here I went with 2 of the XPro Templar 250's. One in Blue and one in orange. I've still got some work to to on the blue one dealing with the throttle cable, but they run and my kids are stoked! I'm debating on if I need to get a 3rd one just for myself!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/fX8zyqideJX9i8WR7

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wtp1kuGQ4Mwjpoa78
Saw yer kid's first ride. OOooo! less throttle! And don't just dump the clutch!

Congrats on your success. Fun bikes. Yes. You DO need one for yourself...But I think you need a TM36 or a TM38!

Old 03-13-2024, 04:39 PM   #148

Quote:
Saw yer kid's first ride. OOooo! less throttle! And don't just dump the clutch!

Congrats on your success. Fun bikes. Yes. You DO need one for yourself...But I think you need a TM36 or a TM38!
Thumper you're gonna get me in trouble with the wife! I took a look at the Trailmasters you suggested... Nice! It kinda has me wanting to get one now!

I guess if i'm gonna end up on the couch I may as well have the option of taking a ride on my new motorcycle! I'll have to wait till later this fall to see if this is an option.. I'll let you know if I take the leap! Until then i'll just do frequent 'safety checks' on the bikes I got for my kids! lol!

Also, if you listen to the audio on the video I link you can hear me telling my son to take it slow and gentle, and a moment later where I dropped the phone and yelling as I run to check on him! It's always an adventure around my place!