Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2021, 09:15 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperCharles View Post
I already waved an unlit propane torch around the intake, with no change in behavior. One of those big brush-clearing torches. It's enough propane to stop an EX500 motor in under a second when waved around the airbox intake. And nothing budged on my RX3.

Charles.
Then you can be reasonably sure that you don't have a vacuum leak; knowing this you will be able to have confidence in evaluating what the diagnostic software tells you via the DTC PID values.

In relation to testing the sensors specifically; if you are at idle, which creates high manifold vacuum, yet your MAP sensor has a high voltage reading - indicating low vacuum, like an engine running under load; then you have a bad MAP sensor. The situation is similar with the O2 sensor - give the throttle a couple of quick snaps while watching the O2 sensor voltage readings - they should vary up and down. If yours don't budge, then the O2 is bad.

Old 08-15-2021, 10:51 AM   #17

Cool. I've got the diagnostic parts in last night, and will install the software and mess with it today.

Charles.

Old 08-29-2021, 12:04 PM   #18

In the first post of this thread,
I have renewed the link for the repair manual that accompanies my fault code look up program.

Perhaps this might help in making a diagnosis.

Regards

Old 03-31-2024, 05:51 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperCharles View Post
Cool. I've got the diagnostic parts in last night, and will install the software and mess with it today.

Charles.
Hello, tell me what software and what cable is needed to diagnose and adjust the motorcycle? Where to take the program?