Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2016, 09:16 AM   #1

Where to buy a Hawk

Where should a fella buy his Hawk ? ? ? Who has in the last 3 months purchased a new Hawk 250 and had great customer service and received all the proper paperwork needed. I'm wanting to avoid the Killer Motorsports nightmare others have been through.

Old 04-02-2016, 10:20 AM   #2

There is an Ebay seller in TX that normally offers free shipping. I would prefer to buy from a local vendor that will tag and title the Hawk for me, but Ebay is an option.
You may find a local vendor on craigslist that will register the Hawk at the time of sale.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Other-Makes-...m=252338934496
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Other-Makes-...m=222063813459
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Other-Makes-...m=182071905068

Old 04-02-2016, 10:31 AM   #3

adam who is with RPS where the hawks come from recommends q9 motorsports http://www.q9powersports.com/

Old 04-02-2016, 11:01 AM   #4

these guys were in texas and so was i. they handled my title stuff and plate was sent to me .. had to pay ttl to them directly but it would up being an easy experience.

https://www.txpowersports.com/

Old 04-02-2016, 11:26 AM   #5

We bought two Hawks from APSCUSA.COM and they had amazing customer service. They spent a lot of time answering our questions, got the bikes shipped quickly and the paperwork a week later. Also I lost all the paperwork for the one bike, emailed them and they had new paperwork sent out two days later. Couldn't ask for a better seller.

Old 04-02-2016, 11:28 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelbender6 View Post
There is an Ebay seller in TX that normally offers free shipping. I would prefer to buy from a local vendor that will tag and title the Hawk for me, but Ebay is an option.
You may find a local vendor on craigslist that will register the Hawk at the time of sale.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Other-Makes-...m=252338934496
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Other-Makes-...m=222063813459
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Other-Makes-...m=182071905068
for about this price, you can get the storm 250 with inverted forks, counterbalanced engine, sprocket "upgrade", and a duel sports tires

Old 04-02-2016, 11:41 AM   #7

Hi Barlow, where can this bike be ordered?

Old 04-02-2016, 12:13 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl096 View Post
Where should a fella buy his Hawk ? ? ? Who has in the last 3 months purchased a new Hawk 250 and had great customer service and received all the proper paperwork needed. I'm wanting to avoid the Killer Motorsports nightmare others have been through.
I ordered mine from 360powersports.com. they shipped it to me in 4 business days, and i had everything ready for the dmv in another 2 days(they even emailed me asking if i received the paperwork). The bike came slightly damaged(from shipping), but they have answered all my emails within a few hours regarding warranty replacement parts.

I would recommend them!

As someone else said, it sounds like q9 powersports is probably the best though, as its recommended bu Adam.

Old 04-02-2016, 12:23 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mq1991 View Post
I ordered mine from 360powersports.com. they shipped it to me in 4 business days, and i had everything ready for the dmv in another 2 days(they even emailed me asking if i received the paperwork). The bike came slightly damaged(from shipping), but they have answered all my emails within a few hours regarding warranty replacement parts.

I would recommend them!
Someone else had shipping damage issues with 360...http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=16168

That is two red flags against them, in my opinion, but in the Hawk's (your) case, it might have been drop shipped from RPS? Plus, in 360's favor, they were very quick with paperwork to you, which is something not to take too lightly.

In my opinion, and after going to 360's site, they might be best to deal with locally, NOT shipped.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-02-2016, 02:09 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Someone else had shipping damage issues with 360...http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=16168

That is two red flags against them, in my opinion, but in the Hawk's (your) case, it might have been drop shipped from RPS? Plus, in 360's favor, they were very quick with paperwork to you, which is something not to take too lightly.

In my opinion, and after going to 360's site, they might be best to deal with locally, NOT shipped.
That seems really weird (your link), mine definitely was new and packaged well, but the pallet was too small under the metal frame that it was shipped in. That bent down and caused a broken tab on the headlight assembly, some scratches on the ignition key area, and a warped front brake rotor. I agree though, I just hope it was isolated to my bike that was shipped that way.

Everything else has been excellent though, they have been very responsive to any questions I have.

I cant wait to get those parts back so I can keep ridin! Its been kinda rainy/snowy here so I figured now was the best time to tear it down.

Old 04-02-2016, 02:14 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mq1991 View Post
That seems really weird (your link), mine definitely was new and packaged well, but the pallet was too small under the metal frame that it was shipped in. That bent down and caused a broken tab on the headlight assembly, some scratches on the ignition key area, and a warped front brake rotor. I agree though, I just hope it was isolated to my bike that was shipped that way.

Everything else has been excellent though, they have been very responsive to any questions I have.

I cant wait to get those parts back so I can keep ridin! Its been kinda rainy/snowy here so I figured now was the best time to tear it down.
Mine came directly from rps they sent me a tracking number when it shipped. It was on a full pallet. No damage whatsoever.
Poop happens

Last edited by lee47512; 04-02-2016 at 02:16 PM. Reason: fogot something

Old 04-02-2016, 04:02 PM   #12

I ordered from q9, had bike in a week. Q9 called to discuss shipping, as well as Adam at RPS. Got paperwork in about two weeks.

Old 04-02-2016, 04:54 PM   #13

Registering it is my next concern. . . I'm swaying between a Hawk and a RX3.

Old 04-02-2016, 05:18 PM   #14

That is a concern, and since you did not say what state you are from, if you live in one of the handful of states that will not register the Hawk since it is technically certified by the EPA as 'off-road', you will be out of luck. The RX3 is 50 state EPA/DOT certified (and CARB certified for California), so no problem registering it for the road anywhere in the US. The Bashan bikes are street certified as EPA/DOT, almost like the RX3, but just not CARB certified for California, if you have seen those, which I am sure you did, as they are pretty much on any mail-order company's website side by side with the Hawk. They are pretty decent bikes if you read over recent owners' threads.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-02-2016, 05:53 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl096 View Post
Registering it is my next concern. . . I'm swaying between a Hawk and a RX3.
I was a total Newberry with cycle sports , I had fun on them as a kid in the dirt but not anything on the road. This is the reason I bought the Bashan as a cheap starter bike. If i am still interested i will probably purchase a rx3 in the future but I still have a way to go for exp. Points.. in a few years they will have a style change on it (as I am pretty sure it will see a gen2).

If you are experienced and confident rider and have the funds, it's a no brainer, rx3! Best deal on 2 wheels.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~