Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Everything Else
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2018, 09:57 PM   #1

CSC City Slicker

Who knows anything about this bike? The specs are such that I think it will be too slow for me as supplied. How hard is it to modify the electronics to increase max speed on these things? If I have to wait for the aftermarket to catch up with this bike it might take awhile. Roughly, what's the process for deregulating the "rev limiter" or whatever it has? I'm willing to live with a range/speed tradeoff.

Old 06-06-2018, 01:36 PM   #2

Opps. I got confused on my first posted. I was thinking the City Slicker was a different bike. Not an E bike. No one here has gotten into them yet.

Old 06-06-2018, 01:52 PM   #3

Joe replied to my question about top speed, and said top speed was 44-45 MPH, so definitely a "Around Town" bike.....but I still wouldn't mind having one...
2016 AJP PR4
2022 Templar X 250
2021 Sondors Metacycle
AMA Life Member

Old 06-06-2018, 08:17 PM   #4

"How hard is it to modify the electronics to increase max speed on these things?"

-Generally, hopping up electric motor bikes involves purchasing additional lithium batteries and a higher capacity controller to run at a higher voltage. You will also need a new motor if the stock motor is not rated for the additional voltage. The City Slicker already runs a 72 volt system.

-For example, my e-bike (bicycle) has a 24 volt (2- 12v batteries) system, with a 400w motor. To go faster, I can add another 12v battery and a new 36v controller. (I know from research that my motor will handle 36v)

-There is a thread about hopping up the Boom e-bike on ADVrider.com under the "Battle Scooters" sub-forum.

-You can also find some good info on the endless-sphere.com forum.

Old 06-06-2018, 08:36 PM   #5

Good info, I'll track that down. I need something closer to the performance of my 125 GY6 scooter for the City Slicker to be viable for my commute. Thanks!