Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-22-2016, 09:54 PM   #1

New bike has shipped, prep and Farkles

I'm so excited that I got a message from Sara that my RX3 has shipped. Can't wait for tracking to kick in so I know when it will arrive. Since the time of my order I've been reading and researching what I should do to the bike when it arrives and what i should put on it. This forum has been AMAZING for it's great content and tutorials. I wanted to toss out a list of what I'm planning on doing and adding and see if there are any other suggestions from the group.

First, the bike is the Orange RX3 and from CSC I'm having them ship the center stand, hand guards, better front brake pad, 6 pack of oil filters, spare front and rear tubes, oil drain plug kit, a couple of aux light mounting brackets, skid plate, master cylinder cover, front and rear caliper covers, radiator covers, 13t front sprocket, 45t rear, spare chain, spare master link, spare clutch and brake levers and foot controls levers, spare clutch and throttle cables and a goodie bag of common clips, nuts and bolts. I'm going to install all the extras.

Then from a few other sources I ordered a trickle charger, slime auto pump, slime sealant, handlebar mount USB power plugs, LED headlight bulb, Offroad spot lights, iPhone handlebar mount, iPhone cable, portable jump starter, Shinko 244 tires, SpeedoDRD, Tank Protector, Reflective Tape, Hyper-Lite brake lights and built up a tool kit with tire gauge, tire levers, fuses, locktite, cable lube kit, rim protectors, instant weld, chain lube, air filter cleaner kit, bike cleaner, brake cleaner, spoke wrench, 2 part JB weld, JB water weld, tire changing station, wheel balancer, tire paste, wheel weights, gorilla duct tape, electrical tape, silicone tape, feeler gauges, chain tool kit, valve core remover, socket set, crescent wrench, locking pliers, hex set, multi-screwdriver, bailing wire, zip ties, utility knife, mini tool, rag, scissors, flashlight, pliers, WD-40, long socket extensions, patch kit, tow strap, super glue, paracord. All the tools fit in a tool roll-up that will travel on the bike with me. I also put together a nice first aid kit with all the normal stuff that comes in one but also added a splint kit and a few other things like sting pads and ibuprofen.

Now, once the bike arrives I have a list of things I want to do to it up front. These include starting by painting the skid plate with truck bed liner paint in black as I want most of the bike black or orange. Install handguards, Install SpeedoDRD, Install LED Headlight bulb, Install AUX spot lights, Install trickle charger cable, install USB power unit, install iPhone mount, Install windshield, install centerstand, verify fluid levels (oil and radiator), set clock, go through and pull as many bolts and such and locktite them, Put a dab of hot melt glue on the outside of the case hinge pins, lube clutch and brake cables, install oil changing kit, install skid plate, install nice covers, install tires with 12oz of slime in each tube, install front brake pad, install front and rear sprokets, install hyper-lites, adjust chain slack, adjust rear suspension pre-load and rebound and front rebound, lube chain, check rear brake host clearance to exhaust manifold, heat gun to remove tank warning sticker, install tank protector, rain-x windshield, fill fuel tank and add Lucas injector cleaner, test bike and set SpeedoDRD.

Finally, I purchased Lucas semi-synthetic 10w-40 oil. I've always heard good things about their products and it says it's formulated for the wet sump clutch so hoping that makes shifting and finding neutral like butter.

Now, with that gigantic list of things, what else do you suggest I get or do to the bike before I start the break in process?

Oh, BTW, I'm located in Redmond, WA. and it seems like some others on here are fairly local. Let's hook up sometime for a Zong ride!

Thanks in advance for your comments and suggestions! This is a great group!

Joe

Tags
bike prep, farkles, rx3