Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Sightings
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2023, 08:26 AM   #1

China bike sightings? In the Philippines?

Hi Everybody. I've retired in the Philippines, Lapu-Lapu City in the metro Cebu area to be more specific. My budget was around 1,000 USD so that limited me to under 200cc unless I wanted to go used. Underbone bikes are more popular here because everybody hauls stuff propped on the frame between their knees. The backbone models are generally pressed into trike service hauling 3-5 people plus packages all over the place. I'm old enough that it has to be the backbone style to feel like a motorcycle. The local Big Four branded bikes in that range are the Honda TMX built here from local and Chinese parts, Kawasaki which is actually a Bajaj built in Africa or India, while the Yamaha and the Suzuki are built in either Thailand or Vietnam. All are made with varying quantities of Chinese parts. Not willing to pay just for branding I had to choose between Skygo, Rusi, Motorstar, Lifan, SYM, Motoposh,CFmoto, Kymco and a couple other brands that re-badged members of the same pool. Honestly, it's harder to spot a bike that *isn't* Chinese.