Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2023, 09:22 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLsior View Post
Yeah I preferred the Chemical Brothers over fatboy slim and daft punk.

The Prodigy is also in there own zone around that time.

Star Guitar is definitely one of their better underappreciated tracks...But I think Salmon Dance wins the originality award.
meanwhile, I can guarantee that most of our members that are here in the United States are wondering what the hell we are talking about. Ha ha ha.

this stuff was pretty obscure in the states. It was a niche.

when I was over in your country, in Melbourne, there was this British guy. And he was really drunk. We were all really drunk. And he was looking to fight me. Just because I was an American.

I didn’t really want any part of that.

he kept putting me down and giving me a hard time the whole night. His friends were kind of holding him back. and finally he put me down by saying that I wouldn’t like any good music.

And when I told him what I liked, all of a sudden he’s my best friend for the rest of the time. Ha ha ha.

it was in the time of all of this electronica.

he didn’t think any American would be listening to any of this stuff. And he got a new found respect.

Old 03-12-2023, 10:15 AM   #17

Edgar Froese died, but he left concept recordings and written music. So Thorsten Quaeschning and Ulrich Schnauss reassembled Tangerine Dream. Their Quantum Gate album is pretty good. Here is Proton Bonfire.

And here is another good one from the album

Old 03-12-2023, 08:15 PM   #18

Wherever you are in the world you can guarantee there's a rowdy drunk British guy...

Electronica has always been niche... but its influence on mainstream 'top 100' music runs deep.

Old 03-12-2023, 09:40 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLsior View Post
Wherever you are in the world you can guarantee there's a rowdy drunk British guy...

Electronica has always been niche... but its influence on mainstream 'top 100' music runs deep.
True on both accounts. Ha ha.

The latest round of electronic music from the last decade completely took over the top 100. For quite a while.

Even well-established artists pulled in the sound that was coming out. You remember it. Lots of drops. A lot of use of the compression tool in Ableton Live. 808 drum sounds. Square wave synths and emulation of analog sawtooth synths. Even rappers were using this stuff for a while.

The entire sound of the music for the 2010s was derived from electronic productions and artists routinely went from festival stage to number one songs.

I can remember talking with one of the guys from the Chainsmokers on an occasion and they commented on my Instagram here and there. Then they became #1 artists.

A lot of people rose up like that in this recent burst of electronic music.

In that Video I showed above of ultra Miami you can see Martin Garrix. He’s talking about how he was just at ultra one year enjoying it in the crowd, then the next year he’s playing the main stage. And then soon after that he became I think a number one artist. At least top 10.

I really liked the whole tropical house thing that Kygo brought to the front as well. I went to see him on New Year’s like the first year anyone had ever heard of him. Pretty tiny show at Liv in Miami. But outside. At the fountaine blue. I thought it would be more of the festival crowd but it wasn’t. It was like being at a Beatles concert. There were these girls everywhere just screaming and crying for this guy. I had no idea he was such a ladies man. Ha ha. Never seen anything like that in person before. He came on after The Weekend, who was the opening act. That’s how long ago this was.

And remember some of those women that used to get involved in the electronics scene? Beth Orton and Liz Phair? I absolutely love Beth Orton.

Old 03-12-2023, 10:31 PM   #20

I lost interest in the majority of 21st century music. Im just an introvert who lives on a rural hill in Australia.

Not saying there isn't any talent now I just don't really connect with current production values.

There will awlays be classic rock, blues and the golden age of hiphop in the early 90s....

Lately Ive gone back to Rocksteady/Jamacian Dance hall/Ska from the 60s-80s

also dipping my toe into Japanese Jazz Funk Fusion....

Weather any of those genres make for good motorcycling music is a matter of preference though...

Old 03-13-2023, 07:51 AM   #21

and after this whole long discussion, I don’t even listen to music riding motorcycles. Ha ha

I prefer to hear the engine.

Old 03-13-2023, 08:05 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatguy View Post
and after this whole long discussion, I don’t even listen to music riding motorcycles. Ha ha

I prefer to hear the engine.
Just the opposite. The engine on the Ural makes a lot of noise, so I want to listen to something else. When it stops making noise, it's time to worry.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 03-13-2023, 09:32 AM   #23

I'm planning to some decent trips and the CG engine is ok for about 30 mins before I want to listen to something else or at least cancel out some of the braap and wind turbulence.

Tried earplugs and figured I might as well put in earbud/headphones instead...
Purchased some memory foam bud inserts and the silcone rubber types are not that comfortable or effective noise canceling wise.

I don't mind if the thread goes of on a tangent and forms a discussion about genres and such...

Anyone is still welcome to make a suggestion relating to the OP and not be judged for it.

Some music just suits riding more than others...

Old 03-13-2023, 09:47 AM   #24

Ok here's another band that I like all their stuff...

Beach Fossils...

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...5B6Lrepn8JNqZ8