Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Sightings
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2007, 05:11 AM   #1

I see them quite often.

Strange as it may seem, in my little part of North East England Chinses bikes are quite a common sight. We have two dealers nearby, one sells on E-Bay as is not to be trusted. The other is a good guy, he sells the Lifan with the OHV motor and rear drum brake, I had a long talk with him before I bought my Hongdou. He has sold over 1000 bikes over the last few years, in a corner he had a pile of 56 tooth sprockets must have been 4 foot high.

Jonathan

Old 04-11-2018, 03:42 PM   #2

thanx ,what is the good dealers name and location

Old 04-12-2018, 10:22 AM   #3

They're a rare animal where I live. Transport Canada is super strict about what is allowed to be imported as new, although they relax considerably after something is 15 years old. Lifan bikes were imported into Canada (on the west coast) about 12 years ago, but I'm not sure whatever happened to them. Saga bikes are out there, but the numbers are quite small. There is a dealer in BC that brought in the Johnny Pag choppers, but I've only seen one. There is also a dealer who brought in Cleveland Cyclewerks, but I haven't seen any.
CSC will ship directly to Canada, but I've seen none of their bikes.
One of my China bikes is a Lifan and the other is a Roketa. The Roketa was imported under the dual sport rules we used to have, but those laws have been rescinded.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer