Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2023, 05:44 AM   #1

Wharton NJ question

Anyone that rides in Wharton State Forest? I'm a little confused where I can and can't ride.

I want to make sure that I don’t break any laws when I ride my Street Legal dual sport motorcycle in Wharton State Forest. I saw this quote from the forest website:
“There are over 250 miles of sand roads available for street-legal vehicles and motorcycles that are properly registered, insured and driven by a licensed operator”

My question is: How will I know what roads I can ride on? Are they marked?
I did see some signs at the beginning of some dirt roads that said "Motor vehicle restrictions are in effect" but they didn’t really explain anything.
Are these roads ok?

Also like to add that I emailed the NJ forestry department and got a reply to call Wharton Park directly.
The Woman that answered the phone was really nice but had no Idea about the signs that I was talking about, said she couldn't find a map that specified what roads I could ride on.
Conversation ended with her telling me to stay on the roads and be respectful to wildlife, plant life and other visitors and I should be fine.

Not really satisfied with that answer, not sure if the state law enforcement will be happy with that after they pull me over.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wharton-Sign-Closeup.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	29295