Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Sightings
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2016, 09:40 PM   #1

Washington State

My family embarks on an annual road trip every spring or summer. We usually just go to Disneyland or Universal Studios but as the kids grew older, I tried to introduce a bit of nature (Grand Canyon, Yosemite, Nevada's Valley of Fire). This year, we picked Washington and we went there last week from Thursday to Saturday.

WHOA! This newbie checked in at a hotel that's no more than two miles from a Kymco, Triumph, and another brand's dealerships. Back home, the nearest is about 15 miles away and it's not even marketing motorcyles heavily but ATVs.

WHOA! This newbie has never seen so many bikers on the road and I'm not talking about groups. They were ordinary folks on their way to or from work on their motorcycles or scooters.

We rode the ferry to Bainbridge Island and on our way back, waiting to board was a huge group and I imagine they would fill one level of the ferry.
There's also a big group inside Mt. Rainier park where I saw for the first time road signs that say, "motorcycles, use extreme caution."
And on our way home, there were riders too on rest areas.
I wish I took pictures of them all but I was the designated driver
---Thomas Sowell
Zongshen Storm V-250
The Zong and Winding Road

Old 08-02-2016, 11:43 PM   #2

Yep, now that I'm a rider I have eyes open all the time. Mostly hd,s down here. Did see a grom in san antonio the other day.

Sounds like , " Vacation 2016 Griswold's in Paradise "
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 08-03-2016, 11:08 AM   #3

I was in WA State last week as well, and I brought my China bike with me. I toured a bunch of roads around Deception Pass, Oak Harbor, Anacortes, Bayview, Edison and Bellingham. The highlight of the trip was Chuckanut Drive, which winds along the ocean at a decent elevation and provides a terrific view.

I came across several fellow riders during my ride, and almost all of them waved, irrespective of what they were riding. It was a good day.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-04-2016, 12:55 PM   #4

Glad you enjoyed your visit. On a sunny day there is no where in the country more beautiful than Central/Western Washington. We indeed have a LOT of motorcyclists. Many are hard core and ride year round.

One of my favorite day trips is to go to Mt. Rainier National Park, ride Chinook and White Passes and hike in the park and absolutly MARVEL at the Creation of that amazing mountain.

Old 10-23-2017, 10:47 PM   #5

Thumbs Up

Its wierd. I live in washington stae ,havefour running bikes, and have never really ventured out. I guess if you grow up here it like "meh.... it will be there when i get there. I live on the olympic pen. Ive ridden the 101 /104 circuit a few times, but just roam round my hood. Hit me up when your out hre next time.