Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2006, 08:39 AM   #1

PowersportsMax

Wow these guys seem on the ball first company to return E-mail. I E-mailed them at 11:30pm EST and they replied at 5:19am EST and they are in CA. I inquired about total price, shipping time and liftgate service and they answered!! So far no other comapany has replied. This was their letter.

Dear customer,
Thanks for your email.The price of the Mustang PRO bike is $878.95,( Mustang Super
PRO 200cc 4 Stroke 5 Speed Dirt Bike Model numberB-D023) The shipping fee is
199.95.That's the all you need to pay.
it takes around 6-9 business days to delivery it to your door .And we provide the
liftgate service.
We accept cashier check or money order,but Please make payable to "Deeal Inc" and
mail your money order or cashier's check to
2664 Pacific Park Dr., Whittier, CA 90601. Please also attach a paper and write down
your name, shipping address, telephone number, email address, the name of product
you would like to order and your color choice.Welcome to email us.
Sincerely yours

PowersportsMax.com Sales

The Yamaha based Marshin Power bike from NC I posted about earlier seems great the people are awesome but the bike is 90 days or so from DOT/EPA approval. I could still get away with it in Maine I think but not sure if I want to risk it.

Aaron

2008 Fly-Scooters La Vie
www.scootdawg.proboards59.com

Old 09-12-2006, 09:34 AM   #2

Beware

I took delivery of a 200cc Roketa E5 on June 7th and the engine case was cracked. It took them until Aug. 7th to replace the engine and I am still waiting on my MSO. They are polite, but slow to deliver. Being in Minnesota I have about 6 weeks to ride left and I need the MSO to plate it.

Old 09-12-2006, 10:11 AM   #3

Send a message via MSN to dlunt
It is worth paying a little extra to avoid the MSO/MCO hell!
If I had it to do again, I would ask who got there MSO's quickly and go to those places even if I had to pay a few hundred more.
Not being able to license and ride my bike for 6 weeks was miserable. :(

Old 09-12-2006, 01:04 PM   #4

Beware

They are very slow and inaccurate. I ordered 2 black db-06's and got 1 red and 1 black, the MSO's took MONTHS to get. xxxmotorsports sounds better to deal with from what i've read on the board.

Old 09-12-2006, 06:04 PM   #5

Thanks for your input guys! Guess I'll keep researching.

Aaron

2008 Fly-Scooters La Vie

Old 09-12-2006, 06:29 PM   #6

The GY-5 I bought from t-motorsports (or smlrace on ebay) had the MSO taped to the seat when it came in the crate. Made registration quick and easy. Make sure they sign the back of the MSO over to you, however. And it is a good idea to get a bill of sale as well.

Old 09-12-2006, 08:09 PM   #7

i also got frustrated trying to get info. about the DB-05 & DB-06 from Powersportsmax...they would answer some questions quickly but vaguely, and others would be ignored

i eventualy bought a DB-05 from XXX-Motorsports...they weren't too easy to get info out of either, but i was swayed by their claim of being a "Licensed and bonded dealer registered with the DMV."

they did get me my MSO in about 1 week after requesting it....it looks pretty professional and legal....with all the proper signatures, stamps, and everything

BUT, i informed them at least twice that they had misspelled my last name on the invoice, and when i requested the MSO, i again provided them with the CORRECT spelling of my last name, but of course when i get the fancy MSO my name is STILL misspelled..SOB!!!....and my name only has 5 letters, so it's not rocket science spelling it right :evil:

i'm going to try to get plated this friday...hopefully no one will notice the spelling error :wink:

Old 09-12-2006, 09:21 PM   #8

Send a message via MSN to bfe71730 Send a message via Yahoo to bfe71730
Check your state laws on the registration, here we have 30 days to get a license on new vehicles, long as you have a bill of sale and insurance, you are legal to ride for 30 days without plates. It shouldn't take a dealer no more than 2 weeks to get you a MSO, especially if you paid extra $$ for it.
1983 Honda ATC 200X
1974 Kawasaki KE100

Old 09-12-2006, 11:11 PM   #9

I got my Roketa DB05 from Powersports Max. The bike came with an 'MSO' taped to it as well. PSMax said they would be sending me the 'Offficial' MSO in a week or so.

Almost 6 weeks later and an occasional reply to my inquiries, the official one arrived and it was much more 'official' looking and licensing the bike was a breeze. I do feel the one taped to the bike would have worked here in WA at the local grocery store license outlet.

And it's just that waiting time, sitting there looking at your beautiful new toy, taking that quick chance around the block...

My bike arrived, and is still pretty much, in excellent shape, even after a couple hundred miles.
I would deal with PSMax again, the shipping was quick too.
No, I have no affiliation wit' 'em!!
Change that sprocket!

Love 'The Zongshen', as I call it

Old 09-12-2006, 11:29 PM   #10

In Maine we are blessed with the fact that any motorcycle under 300cc does not require a title!!!! Makes life much easier. Just need bill of sale. No MSO to worry about.

Aaron

2008 Fly-Scooters La Vie

Old 09-13-2006, 12:46 PM   #11

Just drive to Grenada, MS with a trailer or a pick-up, purchase your bike from Thomas Rush @RPM (Rush Progressive Motorsports) and you'll have your bike put together along with everything you need to go with it.

Old 09-13-2006, 02:26 PM   #12

Send a message via Yahoo to RPM
Gee, thanks, Shea!

I will have to keep up with your commission, now! :wink:

Waiting around would drive me crazy, too. That's the reason that I have decided not to ship bikes and to take care of each customer one on one. Not knocking anyone that does ship, but I get satisfaction knowing that my customers leave with a good, ready-to-ride bike, everything they need in hand and I respond to their needs as soon as possible. Too many years of retail life have spoiled me and no one hates an automated call like i do.

Thanks, again, for the plug, Shea and remember to ride safe ... ride to live and live to ride ... again.

Old 09-13-2006, 07:46 PM   #13

Send a message via MSN to bfe71730 Send a message via Yahoo to bfe71730
Hey RPM, how far are you from Greenville?
1983 Honda ATC 200X
1974 Kawasaki KE100

Old 09-13-2006, 11:01 PM   #14

Send a message via Yahoo to RPM
2 hours east of Greenville, just about 100 miles or so. I use to drive it every week in my previous job. I am just off I-55 North heading to Memphis. Is there anything that I could help you with?

Old 09-14-2006, 12:39 AM   #15

I bought my GY200 from Best Hobby Shop on Ebay. The bill of sale was from Viva Motors in LA. and the MSO came from Roketa in Canada. It wasn't filled out. After 3 trips to the DMV and a mileage affidavit from Viva Motors, I almost had it registered, but I made the fatal mistake of trying to fill in the MSO myself and put my name in the wrong place. Now they are going to ship me a new MSO that says Viva instead of Roketa. It's been over 3 weeks for me and it will be another 10-14 days to get another MSO. If there was a good dealer in Orlando, I would definitely use them!