Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Reviews
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2009, 06:30 PM   #1

Anyone have the Gio 250 dirt bike? (X31 I think?)

Just wondering if anyone on the forums has one and what they think of it? Can get one for under 1K on the auction and the youtube vids look pretty sweet . Anyone have any insights on them?

Regards,
Stew

Old 11-16-2009, 04:44 AM   #2

I have one and so does my brother.
They are solid bikes and worth the money.
Mine is an 07 and my brothers an 08 so ours have the older pushrod motor but they have good power with lots of torque!
My only complaint with it is the front forks are really soft. But I think there are a few threads on here about shimming the springs and putting in heavier oil to make them stiffer.

As long as you buy it understanding that this bike is not built for taking 20 foot triples on a motocross track you will like it. Its alot of fun to trail ride on or just bomb around dirt roads.

I'm planning on putting mine up for sale over the winter and buying one of the new overhead cam ones.

Old 11-16-2009, 07:33 AM   #3

Thank you

I was wondering what they were like, and what an actual owner thought of them. I have been watching them for a while and they seem to sell in the $650 to $675 range. I think I might pick one up closer to spring if I don't get a dual sport first. Haven't had a dirt bike for a while and I miss them.

Regards,
Stew

Old 11-21-2009, 01:23 PM   #4

Hmmm... Actually they seem to have dropped about $100. Maybe the snow is driving the prices down. Cheap enough now I might just go for one, a new toy for spring!

Old 11-21-2009, 02:56 PM   #5

This is an interesting video of some guys racing some of the Gio products, has the X31 in there. I like the X35 myself, but more money and rarely auctioned.

-TT

Old 11-22-2009, 12:02 AM   #6

I agree the x35 does look like a nicer bike but the x31 is alot cheaper and has been great so far. I'm also a pretty short guy and the 19/16 bike is about as big a bike as i would want to ride. I dunno if I could even touch the ground on a 21/18 bike:P

I dont regret buying the x31 at all and both my brother and I plan on selling the ones we have to get the newer model.

Old 11-26-2009, 10:56 PM   #7

Does look like a cool bike... Too bad John's video on the sale page is of the 2007 model, he needs to update it. I am randomly tossing bids in on them, maybe one of em will pan out. I wonder if the price drops a bit in the dead of winter? My riding season is over anyway, so can wait till January if they are cheaper.

Old 11-26-2009, 11:28 PM   #8

Funny that is seems nothing sells for more or less than a certain price when you watch those auctions... 8O

Old 11-27-2009, 09:18 PM   #9

True! They all seem to sell for $600 plus with the odd one going for around $550 or $575. I have seen them go for as high as almost $700 on a weekend. I usually just throw my top bid in for around $500, that way I can check my bid history and see what it actually went for. And if I actually win one for that... Bonus! I like the quads but miss my dirtbikes. Hashing around street/trail bikes as well, but they are waaaay more money!

Old 07-19-2010, 05:26 PM   #10

I bought an xm31 in November and rode it about 5 times at Mclean Creek near Calgary. Just about every part imaginable on the bike broke.. finally the engine siezed and i had to sell it for $140.. biggest POS imaginable.. dont buy!!!

Old 07-19-2010, 07:16 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by horton213
I bought an xm31 in November and rode it about 5 times at Mclean Creek near Calgary. Just about every part imaginable on the bike broke.. finally the engine siezed and i had to sell it for $140.. biggest POS imaginable.. dont buy!!!
Is that the X31 from GIO?

Old 07-19-2010, 07:44 PM   #12

I just looked at the website. It looks like a good bike! Zong engine, Mikuni carb. I'd have expected it to hold up well. Heck if they made a D/S version I might have bit.

Old 07-19-2010, 08:01 PM   #13

I've got about 200km on mine now, so far so good, all the usual stuff needs to be done, loctite everything ( especially the rear gear bolts, and bend down the tabs properly ), jet the carb, adjust the clutch cable, dielectric grease in every wiring connector, oil the foam air filter and change the oil.
So far the only thing that has broke on me was the fuel filter, it got too close to the hot engine and melted a bit and started to leak, so i replaced all the lines and got a better fuel filter, knock on wood, no problems here.

It took me 2 weeks watching every bike on auction but i finally got it for a bid of $566, total was $885.50 to ontario.

Old 07-20-2010, 08:11 PM   #14

If I had time to ride it I would still buy one in a heartbeat! I notice that they are selling the one with bigger tires on auction now too... Sweet!

Old 07-24-2010, 10:15 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynev
I've got about 200km on mine now, so far so good, all the usual stuff needs to be done, loctite everything ( especially the rear gear bolts, and bend down the tabs properly ), jet the carb, adjust the clutch cable, dielectric grease in every wiring connector, oil the foam air filter and change the oil.
So far the only thing that has broke on me was the fuel filter, it got too close to the hot engine and melted a bit and started to leak, so i replaced all the lines and got a better fuel filter, knock on wood, no problems here.

It took me 2 weeks watching every bike on auction but i finally got it for a bid of $566, total was $885.50 to ontario.
Hello waynev, If you don't mind me asking, how would you rate the build quality compared to a Beast? Better or about the same?