Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Reports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-14-2023, 05:46 PM   #1

A Sunny Sunday on the NY/PA NEBDR

First, I have to start off with a story from the night before. It’s a good one. At about 2 AM some super drunk girls pulled up next to me to go into the hotel. They made a lot of noise. Not too big of a deal. But as I was having breakfast this morning I looked out the window and saw this. Ha ha ha. Looks like it was a rough night. Monticello goes hard

I didn’t have anything to inflate tires with so screw it. I didn’t take tire irons or a tube or anything. Because if I took them and I got stuck, well, I would still be stuck. I misplaced my little compressor. I think it’s on the boat but I haven’t seen it since I was moving on there.

Because I had so little to bring along, I got away with just using a top box. I rode with this configuration.

it was a beautiful day today. Temperature was something like 65? With all the gear that was absolutely perfect. Couldn’t be more comfortable. All of the trees were blossoming and everything was really really pretty. The whole ride was very relaxing. By the end of the ride it was a little too relaxing. I was looking for something a little bit challenging. But oh well. I asked for a relaxing ride and this was recommended to me. It was just that. It was perfect after a long week of work

I stopped in at the Long Eddy Hotel and Saloon for lunch. I didn’t expect much. I eat really healthy food. I eat organic food. I go to Whole Foods. I eat at fancy restaurants. And the food I make at home is better than all of that. I expect a lot when it comes to food. I’m a foodie. (Food snob) So I was really surprised at this place when I ordered the grilled chicken sandwich and found it to be the best one I have ever tasted. I am not even kidding. This was the best grilled chicken I’ve ever had. I know it looks like nothing in the picture. I wasn’t very enthusiastic looking at it either. But There was some kind of spice rub all over the top of it and it just give it flavor like you never get with a boring grilled chicken sandwich. It was fantastic. Highly recommended.

I did end up going to Callicoon a little bit and looking around. A nice little town. It’s where Pennsylvania and New York meet. That was kind of the southern end of the little U-shape ride I did. That town has one of the few bridges that cross the Delaware and the even fewer without a toll.

And finally, I stopped by the old Woodstock area. It’s an interesting place for me and my family because my mother was a teenager during that and she snuck out and went to it. I wasn’t alive yet at the time.

but I went to a great music festival there myself. I went to Tomorrow World. One of the best music festivals I have ever been to just because I discovered a lot of new music and had such a good time there. I actually just went solo. I went with no one else because plans weren’t working out. I met all kinds of people. I found new music. It was one of my best experiences just going solo. The millennials were a fun generation to party with. This was such an interesting event because I met musicians and DJs that became famous later here. I met the Chainsmokers. I met Mikey Lion. These now famous people posted comments my Instagram. It was still near the beginning of the 2010 music scene. So this festival was a huge turning point for me in that time of life. It open me up to going to a bunch of desert hearts things. It was great.

to make a long story short, I had my own memories walking around those fields today in the daytime. Everywhere I turned was a memory. And I felt a connection with those people that went to Woodstock because they had memories walking around there as well. Just different ones. It’s a great place because I feel like it’s brought together multiple generations over music and festivals. I hope they have more.

And forget DoorDash. How about getting a nice scooter and opening a bar? Perfectly legal. Or at least you can keep it in motion so you can’t get in trouble. Ha ha