Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2016, 05:53 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Racer View Post
TX Powersports: Hopefully it does today and there not just blowing smoke up my butt.
I can almost say for certain they are blowing super-volcano amounts of smoke up your fanny... I found out that Tx Powersports/360Powersports/ATVsNMore/MyScootersandATVs is good at one thing (other than making a quick American $), they are great at blowing smoke up the customers starfish... it was shipped today now that you reminded them about it... you can trust me on that one they did the same thing to me when I ordered a Bashan WILL Dual Sport for the Mrs... I just hope you don't get a POS "Floor Model" like they shipped me

Best of luck in getting something "New in the Crate/Never seen the Tx Sun"

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 05-09-2016, 06:57 PM   #17

LOL you're not helping me to row any better Azhule

Just checked the tracking again now after you messed my head all up and its changed to.......

Awaiting departure from DALLAS, TX

The order was placed on the 4th so I have to take there word for it. Looks like it shipped though.My head is just semi messed up now.

Old 05-09-2016, 07:14 PM   #18

That feeling you get when you find out the item you ordered is finally....

SHIPPING!!!!!!!

Old 05-09-2016, 07:20 PM   #19

What you don't know/see in that funny clip is... that's "Manny" throwing crap paperwork in 'our' face... and that's people like me and you getting danced around as he cashes our checks

Just poking fun of my situation/Karma with our China Bike order... I'm sure you will get a 'crated from the factory' item

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 05-09-2016, 07:25 PM   #20

I hope so. Won't know till it's here. I'm going into this knowing I have to do some wrenching so its not changing my thoughts too much.

Those that bought stuff for road use though I can understand the frustrations.

Old 05-10-2016, 12:23 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
What you don't know/see in that funny clip is... that's "Manny" throwing crap paperwork in 'our' face... and that's people like me and you getting danced around as he cashes our checks

Just poking fun of my situation/Karma with our China Bike order... I'm sure you will get a 'crated from the factory' item

dont go blowing another 50amp
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 05-10-2016, 10:42 AM   #22

It's not uncommon for ANY of the major internet mega-warehouse to have crap service. Azhule's experience was about the worst I've seen but none have been any good. Even Superior Power Sports took a long time to get me the paperwork and hosed me on a warranty item. You just have to have the mindset that it's why you're getting the bike so cheap. The old expectation was just to get it in your hands for cheap, basically unscathed, and then you're on your own.
This is what sets a small handful of dealers apart like APSCUSA and especially, CSC. This "customer service" thing is a whole new experience for China Riders. Hopefully you won't have any trouble with TX Powersports.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-10-2016, 04:58 PM   #23

Will know if it turned out well on Thursday. Fingers crossed.

Picked up some 15/40 Rotella on the way home from work.

Old 05-11-2016, 08:19 PM   #24

Hey 2LZ can I ask what model Mikuni carb you are running on yours and what size jets you use? Think I might be doing this upgrade sooner then later.

Old 05-12-2016, 10:40 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Racer View Post
Hey 2LZ can I ask what model Mikuni carb you are running on yours and what size jets you use? Think I might be doing this upgrade sooner then later.
This is the carb I got.

http://www.amazon.com/MIKUNI-VM26-Ca...ilpage_o05_s00

The jets I procured from Jets R Us. A 115 main and a 30 pilot. I may try dropping back to a 25 pilot because I'm at 3000 feet and it's a bit rich....BUT...these CG motors change their personality greatly as they break in. I may wait for a while. Try not to etch anything in stone regarding jetting until it's broke in. Fortunately, jets are cheap.

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...-486_pilot.htm

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...arge_round.htm

I also put on this breather. I don't plan on submerging it so I didn't worry about water protection. It's just a work mule for my property. The stock air cleaner is unserviceable and a total POS.

http://www.amazon.com/Newmotoz-110cc...ilpage_o06_s00

Lastly, I put on this exhaust. This makes it a complete upgrade from intake to exhaust to get the most out of the carb and jetting.

http://www.amazon.com/FMF-Turbinecor...ilpage_o00_s00

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-12-2016, 04:41 PM   #26

Awesome.. Thanks a lot!!!

Old 05-12-2016, 11:23 PM   #27

I went down to the local Estes hub to pick it up tonight. Would have had to wait for there residential side delivery to come otherwise. Who knows how many days it would have taken to get here going that route.

Unloaded and uncrated it in the dark. It's all in one piece and in good shape. Some small scuffs on the rear rack but otherwise unscathed.

The motor is the 167FMM so my worries of getting the smaller 200cc engine are over.

LOL at the Chinese toolkit they give you. One step up from the stamped wrenches you get with furniture.

This one was made in March 2016 so its pretty fresh off the line.

Lots of rain in the forecast so not sure when the build will be finished. Don't have a garage to do this in... Sunday is looking sunny. Hopefully I can catch a 4hr window of no rain before then.

Old 05-13-2016, 09:05 AM   #28

my rhino 250

OK so I have been looking for months for an ATV. I bought hunting land in the middle of Wisconsin. All my "friends" told me all I should look at is 4x4 atv's and that cheap china crap. I have been watching the internet ( craigs list ect..) for months. Every time I would log in I would see that every one selling on there was very proud of what they had. Units that are 30 years old for over $1000.00. I was lost. I saw an add for taotao and started reading about them and watching videos. Wow I thought. A brand new ATV for $1299.00. I can not justify spending $5000.00 for a new Polaris or other brand. I will use this ATV very part time. So the rhino was perfect. I went to Q9 power sports in Madison Wi. They had it set up ready to go.
Now I am curious they told me it would do about 50mph but best I can get is 38? That being said I love this machine. They did first oil change with the good stuff and filled gas with prem. Put ngk plug ect. They were awesome to work with. I will be on here asking about modifications. First I need a hitch to pull a trl? Whats out there? BTW this is my first ATV so don't know a lot about them. Also the head lights are worthless?? Will post more questions later thanks guys and gals!

Last edited by evanb143; 05-13-2016 at 09:09 AM. Reason: miss quote

Old 05-13-2016, 09:10 AM   #29

Sorry the friends told me NOT to look at the cheap china stuff!

Old 05-13-2016, 09:17 AM   #30

I was in the same situation. The problem with some of those old ATV's is you can no longer get parts for some of them. No telling what has been patched up to get rid of it either.

I believe there is a speed limiter screw setting that might be holding your speed back. Not sure where the screw is.. only owned the Rhino for a day. I'm sure some of the guys here know.