Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2023, 09:03 AM   #1

Kanukistan X22R MAX !

I purchased a Venom X22R MAX in May / 2023 .Easy purchase but took about x 2 weeks to get bike.It was delivered to me here in beautiful downtown Central Blissvile N.B. Midland courier dropped it off but there to was damage. X 4 issues 1- bent clutch lever / 2 - gouge on left heel plate 3 - fairing scratch on left 4 - chain adjuster plate broken .I confirmed with driver. Noticed the bike was fully assembled cept the mirrors.Install mirrors and added fresh petrol .Bike started right up but keeps quitting just off idle.I reported issues.Venom has been the very best with sorting this out and parts are on the way. I put fresh oil in the bike . As I am the first in province to register this bike it was soon sorted at dmv.Also a bit of grief with insurance as I was first to register this bike in system.I owned a 2010 250 Ninja and had a few parts hanging around and found that the Ninja handlebar riser block and swingarm bobbins fit! Looking foreward to breaking in this little machine!!

Old 07-08-2023, 01:56 PM   #2

Please watch my videos! The cutting off while idling is because you need to get a different TMap Sensor which I have linked in my videos. But check it out! Once you replace it, you will have NO MORE ISSUES with the stalling. . Sorry that you had damage. I had none when mines was delivered. But it is a gamble. Venom will replace all damaged parts. Let me know how it goes. This is the part. You want to make sure the sticker is orange on the replacement tmap QYMOTO EFI MAF Temp Pressure Sensor Compatible for Hisun 400 450 500 550 700 750 700, Coleman UT400 UT500 UT550 UT700,Axis 500 700,Massimo MSU500,Cub Cadet Challenger

Old 07-10-2023, 08:17 AM   #3

Hi thanx for the info on the map sensor. Got one on the way for $28.00. I am 61 and 250 lbs ha ha. This bike a great looking machine with dual discs.Did a bit of riding on the weekend and put on 320 kms.Waiting for replacement parts.Vemom great to deal with.You are the superstar mod man! Have you informed Venom about EFI fix? Going to install battery tender harness and licence plate frame.thanx again!

Old 07-10-2023, 01:00 PM   #4

Thanks you brother! Unfortunately the EFI is currently not the issue. I think I am having a throttle body issue. I informed venom to see what they can come up with.

Old 07-13-2023, 02:06 PM   #5

Hi I noticed when riding the mirrors show nothing but elbow. Anyone know of longer stem mirrors that fit ? Tyres I run 28 psi front / 30 psi rear.Would like to know front / rear axel torque specs.Owners manual not the best.Adjusted the rear shock ( up ) softer from stock adjustment and bike is more settled and gription is better.

Old 07-15-2023, 07:49 AM   #6

Just got back from a break in ride and now have 630 kms.Stalling still an issue but bike will start up no problem.Bike ( or my ass ) does not like rough backroads as suspension is a bit stiff. ( sporty ) Engine will pull up hill ok .Really a tidy package for the money.Pushed fuel mileage until fuel light came on but still had a good amount left. $12.00 to fill tank as we are taxed to death here in Kanukistan.Would like to change (drop a tooth ) on the front sprocket and get a carbon slip on if anyone knows of such hardware.Supposed to rain today so I will do oil change and give the bike a de - bugging.cheers.

Old 07-15-2023, 12:06 PM   #7

The best bet is to get the EXACT TMAP i had listed in my video. It has to have the orange label on it. This one is what we all have on Chinese EFI bikes and with it, the stalling is eliminated by 96%. One of my older post has someone stating the size front and rear sprocket. I will have to check. All in all, I personally have no need to change the sprockets because my top end is fine. Let me know how it goes....

Old 07-15-2023, 06:04 PM   #8

Hi yes I did as you instructed and got sensor with orange label and compatible with vehicles you indicated.I appreciate the tuning help.cheers.

Old 07-16-2023, 06:43 PM   #9

No problem brother! Break your bike in and you will see how much it opens up for you!

Old 07-17-2023, 09:39 AM   #10

Ok great waiting for module in mail but still driveable.Oil change done oil very dark.Checked filter screen and no metal bits.I ran a magnet through the oil and it was clean.Going to look for a magnetic drain plug. Drive chain did not loosen much in 600 kms but will hit it with chain lube.FAB.

Old 07-19-2023, 08:34 AM   #11

Took the bike on a trip down to The Bay of Fundy ( highest tides in the world ) and got a feed of fried clams and a lobster roll. Bike worked good xcept it stalling occasionally.Quite foggy but humid . Mostly back roads . 175 kms total . Broke the 1000 kms level and will put a few more today.Still waiting on clutch lever but is in transit.Venom great to deal with.Got some street cred from a group of sports bike
hooligans at the petrol station.Got invited to ride with them but I was going in a different direction.FAB.

Old 07-24-2023, 08:04 PM   #12

Hi folks. The clutch lever and T-MAP sensor arrived in the mail and fitting both was not rocket science.Also changed the oil with 20w/50 with 1150 ml added. ( magnetic oil plug on order ) Also checked / lubed chain.Seen Venom Motorsports new video of idle adj and done my bike as idle was a bit low quite easy.
Went for a test ride after assembly and bike is now running EXCELLENT with newT- MAP sensor.Bike has not stalled / quit for 200 kms.Restockmotors gets the WIN here thanks bro.I am getting 300 kms a tank and motor and tranny are breaking in good.Cost me $20.00 cdn to fill tank from hard in red zone.Now have 1500 kms and happy with bike. Would like to know what NGK Spark Plug crosses over from stock. cheers.

Old 07-28-2023, 07:37 AM   #13

Hi I just pulled the stock spark plug and it is a LG - D8RTC. I want to change to an iridium spark plug. NGK crossover # DR8EIX will work. ( More hp / better mpg ) Bike should idle better too. Will swap out later today .

Old 08-02-2023, 07:19 AM   #14

Just turned 1700 kms. Bike working much better with plug swap . Idles better ( 2000 rpm ) and just off idle hesitation gone. Lime green bar ends arrived and look good . Want to drop a tooth off front sprocket for a bit more top end as 1 st gear a bit low for me.Sofened up rear shock a bit more and it handles bad roads better.Folks this is a great bike for the frugally inclined.Where else will you get a great looking /working dual disc front brake motorcycle for this price? I am happy mine and any issues were sorted out in a timely manner by Venom Motorsports. My mods so far - 1- green swing arm bobbins / 2- green bar ends / 3- handlebar risers / 4- iridium spark plug / 5- green valve caps / 6- lower fairing screen. FAB.

Old 08-02-2023, 08:21 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom 1 View Post
Just turned 1700 kms. Bike working much better with plug swap . Idles better ( 2000 rpm ) and just off idle hesitation gone. Lime green bar ends arrived and look good . Want to drop a tooth off front sprocket for a bit more top end as 1 st gear a bit low for me. Sofened up rear shock a bit more and it handles bad roads better.Folks this is a great bike for the frugally inclined.Where else will you get a great looking /working dual disc front brake motorcycle for this price? I am happy mine and any issues were sorted out in a timely manner by Venom Motorsports. My mods so far - 1- green swing arm bobbins / 2- green bar ends / 3- handlebar risers / 4- iridium spark plug / 5- green valve caps / 6- lower fairing screen. FAB.
Dropping a tooth on front will make the gears lower not higher. You want to go up a front tooth, or down about 3 teeth in the rear.
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself