Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2023, 04:10 PM   #16

Is there a chance to have tire/fender contact? It seems like lowering these bikes is a catch 22 problem? Seems like to keep the clearance correct without limiting shock travel, you can’t lower too much, via shock. I’m thinking they are designed this way. Just thinking out loud smaller rims or a frame change would be the way to go for lowering seat height. Again just thinking out loud…

Old 01-02-2023, 04:25 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Fun View Post
Is there a chance to have tire/fender contact?
No. Not on mine at least. Read the description on post #15 for clarification. I compensated for the one inch shorter shock length with over 350 pound increase in preload on the rear coil spring.

As I mentioned, it used to sag more than three inches when I sat on it. Now it sags less than one inch. I also stiffened the compression damping.

As I mentioned above, the result is limited sag and it doesn't rebound to 37.5" anymore. Any hard core racer would not like giving up shock travel, but I don't do 20 foot jumps or huge woops

It is just stiffer sooner. I could always return it to stock shock length and even relax preload, but this works better for my riding style, and it's easier to get on, get off... I love it

Stock setup has huge sag and lots of rear shock travel. That's what an enduro rider that makes big jumps wants. I just tightened up the shock and lowered it. It works nicely for moderately aggressive riding. I will not be able to compress this swingarm far enough to cause contact between the tire and fender. No way.

Old 04-14-2023, 09:30 PM   #18

Thanks for the pictures and how to! I just got my Hawk 250 DLX put together today and I really want to lower it too. I think that your method will work for me too. I'm not sure I'll go for the whole 3", thinking maybe 1.5'

Old 04-14-2023, 11:28 PM   #19

That is a good lookin bike ya got there Thumper !!