Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2024, 04:53 AM   #1

TT250 home made tidy tail

The stock taillight on the newer TT250 is decent enough looking, and the turn signals themselves are nice, small LED units, but the fender extension had to go. Also, after a couple mostly self-induced but partially tire-induced little tip-over spills on my single track adventure a couple weeks ago I had tweaked the right rear turn signal bracket pretty good. I straightened it on the spot enough to be serviceable but I couldn't help but think the rear signals could be tucked in a little tighter and therefore better protected. I will say that I was pretty impressed that the turn signal itself came out unscathed.

So... That lead me to this afternoon/evening/late night project. I'm well pleased with how it turned out. Please pay no mind to the tweaked license plate bracket. I cobbled up the stock one to sort of fit my vision for how I want to mount the plate, but the tweaked stock bracket is temporary as I'll be heading over to a friend's shop to make a proper aluminum bracket on a metal brake. Anyhow, enough of my rambling. The pictures will tell the rest of the story better than more words.

edit: The first picture is how it was stock.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	31233   Click image for larger version

Name:	02.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	31234   Click image for larger version

Name:	03.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	31235   Click image for larger version

Name:	04.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	132.2 KB
ID:	31236   Click image for larger version

Name:	05.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	31237  

-2024 CSC TT250, stage 3 motocult kit, Nibbi PE28FL with custom-made cable controlled choke, modified stock muffler (larger diameter tailpipe), custom oil cooler installation with relocated stock evaporative emissions canister, oversized stainless steel footpegs, IMS folding tip shifter, a few little blingy bolts and bits. More personal preference mods to come.

Last edited by superjocko; 04-12-2024 at 05:00 AM. Reason: Added context to the first picture.

Old 04-12-2024, 04:55 AM   #2

A few more pictures

And the last batch of pictures...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	06.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	31238   Click image for larger version

Name:	07.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	31239   Click image for larger version

Name:	08.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	31240   Click image for larger version

Name:	09.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	31241   Click image for larger version

Name:	10.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	31242  

-2024 CSC TT250, stage 3 motocult kit, Nibbi PE28FL with custom-made cable controlled choke, modified stock muffler (larger diameter tailpipe), custom oil cooler installation with relocated stock evaporative emissions canister, oversized stainless steel footpegs, IMS folding tip shifter, a few little blingy bolts and bits. More personal preference mods to come.

Old 04-12-2024, 07:02 AM   #3

Nice! Personally I would get rid of the advertising and side reflectors as well, for a cleaner look. If you needed the reflectors for inspections, you could just reattach them temporarily. But if you ride at night you might want to retain them. I do get that the license plate surround does give you a little more "fender".
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself

Old 04-12-2024, 08:20 AM   #4

yeah, I'd lose the CSC advertising too.

Bikes I've owned: Suzuki GS450T, Yamaha XS500, Honda V45 Sabre, Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic (2), Suzuki VX800, Kawasaki Ninja 650, Triumph TT600, Honda Superhawk, Kawasaki Concours 1000 (3, including a sidecar rig), Buell XB9R, Kawasaki Nomad 1500, Concours 14, Honda Goldwing (2), Housen Hawk, Suzuki Intruder 1400, Kawasaki KLR650, Victory V92TC.

Old 04-12-2024, 11:18 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TominMO View Post
Nice! Personally I would get rid of the advertising and side reflectors as well, for a cleaner look. If you needed the reflectors for inspections, you could just reattach them temporarily. But if you ride at night you might want to retain them. I do get that the license plate surround does give you a little more "fender".
The side reflectors are on the 90-degree corners of the modified stock plate bracket. I already had to mess with it enough (cutting off and grinding down spot welds for extra parts on it, etc.) to get it tweaked into kind-of fitting, so I didn't bother with cutting off the ends the reflectors mount to. When I make a proper bracket the reflectors will get the heave-ho.

The plate frame is currently hiding some of the ugliness of the hacked and tweaked stock plate bracket. I'll cut a thin sheet of UHMW plastic the exact size of the plate to act as a stiffener and mount that and the plate up to my proper bracket once I make it. I just have to wait for my buddy to get back in town and get some of his front-burner projects out of the way before I go over to his shop to properly fabricate a suitable bracket. One thing I lack at home is a proper metal brake to do quality bending. This shabby bracket, and hiding some of it with the plate frame, will do in the meantime.