Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2017, 10:03 PM   #1

Head Scratching [Help needed]Magician 250 fuel cap leakage.

Alright, I finally got MY Magician 250. I rode it around a little bit, I then ended up wiping out, thank God I landed in the grass, and even better, I landed on a bush which absorbed impact, no injuries, just a little bit of skin ripped open on my thumb from the left hand grip. Anyhow, when my bike fell, I saw gas/fuel leak out of the cap, even though it was on there and locked. The thing can wiggle a little bit when it is locked and on there. I have literally just received it fully assembled. Now, is this supposed to happen, if not, how would I be able to fix this? I am also kinda worried to ride now, i'm afraid I might whiskey throttle it again, though, I think I went to pull the front brakes and the clutch at the same time as accidentally pulling the throttle, neatless to say, the bike kept going faster, and I was getting really scared that I would end up hitting the wired fence LOL. I seemed like I was going really fast, but in reality, I was probably going like 5-10 mph haha. I thought I would have to had to try to jump off of the back of the bike, but I ended up steering to the right and resulted in falling in/on the bush in the grass, again, thank God as I wasn't wearing any gear at all. I only got a helmet, and I didn't even wear that. I did get to ride it around a little bit though before that happened, I am kind of startled now LOL. First attempt ever on two wheels though, and I think I did relatively good...for the first time. Anyhow, sorry for the long first story experience, and perhaps double talk. I just wanted to get that off of my chest to my biking family!

Old 05-23-2017, 10:42 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Jesse Seiple
Brother

I am still waiting for mine!!! I can't wait!!!

Old 05-23-2017, 10:49 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Seiple View Post
I am still waiting for mine!!! I can't wait!!!
Yes, and hopefully you will not wipe out on yours. Thank you for sharing that to our new bike family! I will let you know everything that they tell us.

Old 05-24-2017, 12:46 AM   #4

Jar...I hate hearing this. You better spend pleanty time getting aquainted on your closed course. Just think if there was a post or something among that bush. Just fooling around in the yard and got a severe concussion . BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!

Those caps are designed to breath and yes they will leak when tipped. They will also leak with a brim full tank with hard acceleration so keep that in mind too.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 05-24-2017, 05:49 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
...Those caps are designed to breath and yes they will leak when tipped. They will also leak with a brim full tank with hard acceleration ...
Play by the rule

Last edited by humanbeing; 04-12-2018 at 09:03 PM.

Old 05-24-2017, 01:22 PM   #6

Good info. Hb. I was always careful with that cap and always replaced with key actuated.

The cap on the magician is probably different than my original blaze cap but I would still be easy with it as far as these caps go.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~