Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Other Brands
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2015, 06:10 PM   #1

Sorry Guys

Went to the local Honda dealership to day to buy a bigger pilot jet for "Will". While waiting I was looking at a left overt 2014 CRF250l. A salesman asked me if I was interested in it and I said yes but I already had a bike and not enough room for another one. He said he would have a look at mine for a trade and I told him it was a china bike and he probably would not be able to give me what I would have to have in trade in and besides interest rates are to high on motorcycles. He told me he could get me an interest rate of less than 3%. I told him he could look at will but he probably wouldn't give me what I had to have. Well to make a long story short, he did give me what I needed in trade in a I ended up 2.84% financing.

Old 08-21-2015, 06:23 PM   #2

The CRF250L is a single cylinder watercooled 249cc engine. I hit 77 mph at one point on my way to work today. I used my gps and the speedometer is ls only about 1 mph fast. This bike is a little bigger and taller than will. The suspension is firmer. This bike is fuel injected which is good and bad. It is a 6 speed which I have to get used to having the extra gear. I do like the bigger wheels but I think I'm going to miss "Will", wish I had the room to keep him, lol. I'm gonna hear it from my wife for next couple of weeks because I just went out for a jet lol. I made it to work today riding it in the same time it takes to go by car, Will would take me almost 2 hours going down back roads. I have put 72 miles on it so far to today and will put another 42 on it on the ride home form work. I already ordered a rear rack for the CRF so I wont have to make one this time.

I still have the Ranch Pony and 2 Tao Tao quads. so I will still be checking in. This forum has a great bunch of people
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0548.jpg (98.3 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0549.jpg (94.1 KB, 113 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0546.jpg (97.6 KB, 92 views)

Old 08-21-2015, 06:58 PM   #3

Will had close to 1000 miles (almost 1600km). When I bought "Will" I never had owned or even ridden a dual sport. I couldn't understand why people wanted to ride a dirt bike on the road. But "Will" showed me how much fun a dual sport is and not I can't understand why anybody would want a single purpose road bike. I have been wanting a Ninja 300 for a while but then I remember thinking you cant off road with that and that's not much fun. I have some spare sprockets, a JT chain, a magnetic pickup speedmoter (if idon't put on quad) with tachometer, and some CDI's if anybody needs them I will be posting for trade soon.

Old 08-21-2015, 07:19 PM   #4

Thats a great looking bike andyj812. Congrats!

/

Old 08-21-2015, 07:20 PM   #5

I'm curious is there a Chonda equivalent?

/

Old 08-21-2015, 07:35 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
I'm curious is there a Chonda equivalent?

/
I"m not sure. The headlight fairing reminds me a lot of "Will's". The bike is taller though and I'm still getting used to that when I stop. The engine is quieter than "Will's" probably due to higher gearing. The wind noise is louder in my helmet due to being able to obtain higher speeds.

On a sided note, the leak on my wife's explorer ended up coming from the thermostat housing. She sold her daughter her car and is now driving the explorer again, I didn't tell her you mentioned explorers have timing chain issues.

Old 08-21-2015, 07:38 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
Thats a great looking bike andyj812. Congrats!

/
So far I love it but I stll feel bad about getting rid of "Will", I gonna miss it. Another china bike is in my future when I get more garage space.

Old 08-21-2015, 08:01 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
I"m not sure. The headlight fairing reminds me a lot of "Will's". The bike is taller though and I'm still getting used to that when I stop. The engine is quieter than "Will's" probably due to higher gearing. The wind noise is louder in my helmet due to being able to obtain higher speeds.

On a sided note, the leak on my wife's explorer ended up coming from the thermostat housing. She sold her daughter her car and is now driving the explorer again, I didn't tell her you mentioned explorers have timing chain issues.

Its only a few certain years of the Explorer engine, mine was a 2005 and 2005 was the first year. 2004 and older used a different engine. I believe this is the engine with all the timing chain issues. 4.0L V6 SOHC

/

Old 08-21-2015, 08:02 PM   #9

By the way my Sport Trac thermostat housing also leaked. Another very common and well documented problem on the Explorers.

/

Old 08-22-2015, 02:57 AM   #10

Congratulations; the CRF250L is a great motorcycle.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 08-22-2015, 08:37 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
Congratulations; the CRF250L is a great motorcycle.

Agreed! Its one of the bikes on my "watch" list. In fact i may still end up getting one next year after the wedding, by that time there should be a few used ones up on the market for a decent price.
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

Old 08-22-2015, 11:28 AM   #12

Don't apologize, Andy; that's a terrific bike! I'd love to have a CRF. Spud has the X version, and he has really enjoyed it. I had an XR250R, and I always wished it was a dual sport.

Feel free to start a thread on your new bike that will show us changes you make over time. I recommend that you peruse Spud's threads.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-22-2015, 11:30 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrider View Post
Agreed! Its one of the bikes on my "watch" list. In fact i may still end up getting one next year after the wedding, by that time there should be a few used ones up on the market for a decent price.
Wedding?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-22-2015, 03:11 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Wedding?
Yea...getting married in July of next year.
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

Old 08-22-2015, 03:29 PM   #15

Congrats!