Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Other Brands
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2014, 09:12 AM   #16

yes, you wont notice the fewer cc with a 30/115 jetting and an open pipe :-) are you going to cut and weld or looking at replacing the header?

Old 08-26-2014, 08:59 PM   #17

Cat is at the end of the pipe in that larger bit where it disappears into the muffler so i'm thinking i'll get a drill bit into there and destroy and gut it that way.

Old 08-27-2014, 01:08 AM   #18

You can try. I wasn't successful that way, and ended up mutilating it until I finally dug it all out. Perhaps you'll have more luck than me.

That is a very nice looking bike! I love the clip-ons. Did you install the rear sets as well?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-27-2014, 01:10 AM   #19

Kenny, do you mind to read the manufacturer info from the steering neck to us? We might be able to shop for similar parts that way, including that cool tank and exhaust.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-27-2014, 01:29 AM   #20

That certainly is a good looking motorcycle; thanks for posting the photo.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 08-27-2014, 02:58 AM   #21

Yes i installed the clip ons and rear sets, still trying to find some hand grips i like, i also need another tank, braaap showed one on an early pic of the bike that had extra large knee indentations but now of course they have no idea lol.
Is this the info you was after?

The reason i need another tank, eventually.

The braaap tank i'd like, this is the 450cc engine option. Tanks were supposed to be available extra but i don't think that will happen. Have been unable to find either tank elsewhere so far.

Old 08-27-2014, 04:55 AM   #22

the cat is copper or brass, so it should be "easy" to poke out. on the two strokes we cut the pipe and fitted the muffler as far forward as structurally possible, ie kept the header as short as possible, to gain that extra 1 hp :-)

you could just fill that dent with bog and either paint it or put a sticker on, make it look intentional :-) paint the whole tank silver? might save you chasing up braaap. that name can have many meanings! but the 450 has style.

Old 08-27-2014, 10:44 AM   #23

Kenny, thanks for taking the time to show us the steering neck. I tried searching for Qingqi, XF230 and Qingqi XF230 with no luck; perhaps Humanbeing will be able to help me. I am surprised to learn of the Qingqi connection, since they're known in NA for Suzuki clones. To my eye, your frame is patterned after a Honda.

The tank indent looks like it belongs there, aside from the paint blemishes. Fork indents are a very common mod in the café community, and Dustin Kott creates fork and knee indents with just a ball pein hammer. He does a great job, and I encourage you to search out his vids.

Since you intend to replace your tank, perhaps you'd care to practice creating the indents you'd like, and then paint the tank. You could roll the right side fork indent to look like the left with little effort.

That 450 is good looking, but I wish it didn't have that big rad in the front. I'm also not sure about that muffler. I really like that muffler design, just not on a café.

Old 08-27-2014, 10:45 AM   #24

Did you find rear sets that were specifically designed for that bike? Was the master cylinder mount already on the rear triangle? If so, that's a stroke of luck!

Old 08-27-2014, 06:00 PM   #25

XF relates to http://www.xfmotor.com.cn/
It's a balanced air cool CG250 ("non-balanced "std" version: 67x 65 /16mm piston pin)

Last edited by humanbeing; 08-27-2014 at 11:33 PM.

Old 08-27-2014, 10:43 PM   #26

I gave the dent a little clean up and a quick flat black primer spray and it doesn't look too bad so no hurry now to replace it I'll just see what happens along, I like the idea of doing the other side so maybe I'll try that first.
Rear sets are a universal set that I made to fit to the rear peg mounts, the top Mount for the Master cylinder was the Mount for the fluid reservoir and the bottom one is temporary, I'll weld a mount to that shortly.
I have also had trouble finding info on the bike and engine, Mash has a Seventy Five model coming that looks exactly the same but it has a different engine.
I also like the look of that pipe but you're right it doesn't suit a Cafe Racer and I think a Cafe should be air cooled to give it the cleaner look.

Old 08-28-2014, 01:28 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyb000y View Post
Yes i installed the clip ons and rear sets, still trying to find some hand grips i like, i also need another tank, braaap showed one on an early pic of the bike that had extra large knee indentations but now of course they have no idea lol.
Is this the info you was after?

The reason i need another tank, eventually.

The braaap tank i'd like, this is the 450cc engine option. Tanks were supposed to be available extra but i don't think that will happen. Have been unable to find either tank elsewhere so far.

That motor looked very familiar to me and then I remembered...

The 450 is made by Asiawing and is the same one we talked about awhile back. It's a copy of the motor Honda uses in the CRX450X. Christinni uses it for its awd bikes for the U.S. military. Braaap's facebook page says the concept was made locally.

I agree that is should be air cooled to be authentic.

...and black.
2016 Tao Tao 125D

Old 08-28-2014, 10:59 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyb000y View Post
Rear sets are a universal set that I made to fit to the rear peg mounts, the top Mount for the Master cylinder was the Mount for the fluid reservoir and the bottom one is temporary, I'll weld a mount to that shortly.
Nice work! Your install looks very clean. How is the positioning of the rearsets for you? I've read that your calves should be parallel to your torso, with your thighs perpedicular for optimal comfort.

Old 08-28-2014, 11:00 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by david3921 View Post
That motor looked very familiar to me and then I remembered...

The 450 is made by Asiawing and is the same one we talked about awhile back. It's a copy of the motor Honda uses in the CRX450X. Christinni uses it for its awd bikes for the U.S. military. Braaap's facebook page says the concept was made locally.

I agree that is should be air cooled to be authentic.

...and black.
I agree, David. I was thinking CRF when I saw that motor as well. I don't mind a café motor in silver, but that one is definitely too "new tech" to suit the style.

Old 07-15-2015, 12:39 AM   #30

Sorry to hear kennyb000y. Every bike rider will ask you how the bike is before personal injuries though

Can you give any information on where you sourced the rearsets from and difficulty involved. Also I heard talk about the mikuni carb. Did you end up going that way?If so which one?