Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Other Brands
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2015, 10:37 PM   #1

KLX250s is getting better.

Wow, its like another bike.

Today first the Sargent seat came, so I installed it.
10 3/4" wide verses OEM at 6" on the top an flat portion. Your arse bones land right on the corners of the flat on the OEM seat.

Then while waiting for the ups man I pulled the 2 throttle cables and rerouted. Pull clutch cable and install the rox risers in the straight up position. UPS man finally showed at 5:00 and I installed the +3 cable and new lever.

I only got a short test ride due to constant down pours. I can now stand up with out bending with the new risers. Seat feels way different, flat like a chair with no stress like before. Will need to take a long ride tomorrow to see how I feel. The seat is top quality for fit and finish, looks like it should have been there from kawasaki new. I did not have any problems with the after market rack behind and along side of it like I had anticipated.

At the manufacturing level the new seat would not have cost but a few bucks more than the crap supplied by kaw. if that.

The next project will be the suspension and see if I can soften it up a little more than it is. I am old and I need comfort! I never liked dunlop tires but the 606's on this bike are great. I have 2 miles of dirt/gravel bad road to get to black top on the way to town and I may buy another set of the 606 tires when these wear out, their about 50% right now. John

Old 08-09-2015, 03:09 AM   #2

An aftermarket saddle can make a huge improvement in a motorcycle.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 08-15-2015, 08:19 PM   #3

Just did an oil change, filter and rotella 15-40. It came with 5300 miles on it and now has 6100. Wasn't sure when the oil was changed last as it was medium dirty.

The spring under the oil filter I think is supposed to fit in between 4 protrusions in the end of the oil filter housing. the spring was too small in dia and kept falling out so I layed the bike on its left side and installed the filter. I'll bet some one lost the OEM spring and subbed one just a little smaller in dia. Will put the correct one on my list for next time I order.