Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2017, 10:59 PM   #61

The one little trick I used to do that seemed to work for the cheap light bulbs was to rub the base of the bulb with a little bit of gasket maker. It seemed to work to keep much of the vibrations off the bulb.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 08-25-2017, 10:11 AM   #62

Bashan storm

I own a storm an. Frankly ,,I'm impressed!! Definitely better quality than China bikes from 5 years ago. .The suspension is actually pretty good,,,an better than the csc rx3!,,, my front rim also has the slight wobble. It hasn't affected handling. I plan on tackling that an changing the fork oil when winter comes. I have the bike licensed. Since July 10 but still haven't got the title back,,so I'm a little concerned about that. ,,,,,as I've done a ton of work to the storm. ,,, eBay exhaust,,rejected carb. All led lughts,,,,,,,folding shift lever,,j.c. Whitney trunk on rear rack!

Old 08-25-2017, 07:47 PM   #63

Yeah I am really looking forward to the documents now. I played with the carb a bit and put some 93 octane in it and it is running like a top. I put about 15 miles on it and changed the oil. No metal, smelled a bit but from what I have heard that's normal for the first couple oil changes.

I am using Valvoline 15 w40 full synthetic specifically for wet clutchs. It was a little pricey but the thing only holds a quart so I figure 7 bucks a few hundred miles....not bad.

I also put the e3 iridium spark plug in. O'rielly didn't have the NGK but this was the alternative.

Ordering the immunity and the Jets Monday. I was disappointed to find that the carb was "tamper proof". Not a big deal though.

Old 08-25-2017, 09:02 PM   #64

Bashan storm

Yep ,,I should have mentioned that,,had to cut slots in them to get those headless bolts out ,an replace them!

Old 08-26-2017, 03:49 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman10 View Post
Yep ,,I should have mentioned that,,had to cut slots in them to get those headless bolts out ,an replace them!
So is your kill switch real or does it operate the hazards like mine?

Old 08-26-2017, 04:13 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwhorter-enforcer View Post
Yeah I am really looking forward to the documents now. I played with the carb a bit and put some 93 octane in it and it is running like a top. I put about 15 miles on it and changed the oil. No metal, smelled a bit but from what I have heard that's normal for the first couple oil changes.

I am using Valvoline 15 w40 full synthetic specifically for wet clutchs. It was a little pricey but the thing only holds a quart so I figure 7 bucks a few hundred miles....not bad.

I also put the e3 iridium spark plug in. O'rielly didn't have the NGK but this was the alternative.

Ordering the immunity and the Jets Monday. I was disappointed to find that the carb was "tamper proof". Not a big deal though.
Use non synthetic oil for the first 500 miles.

Old 08-26-2017, 08:46 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
Use non synthetic oil for the first 500 miles.
too late for that, its already in there. Would switching to a heavier weight help?

Old 08-27-2017, 06:42 PM   #68

Doh! Trouble Starting Bashan Enforcer

My friend and I just picked up a pair of Enforcers and finally got them together. His took a little convincing to start and tune but now starts and runs well, while I have been unable to get mine to run for more than a few seconds, no matter how I adjust the choke. I tried replacing the spark plug to no avail.

We are also both unable to get the electric start to work, either with the remote or the switch on the handlebars. The battery has enough juice to run the lights, but not turn the motor. Anyone have any similar issues? Any advice? I am a motorcycle novice but my friend has a bit more experience, and we are both at a loss.

Old 08-28-2017, 01:06 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by btahrens View Post
My friend and I just picked up a pair of Enforcers and finally got them together. His took a little convincing to start and tune but now starts and runs well, while I have been unable to get mine to run for more than a few seconds, no matter how I adjust the choke. I tried replacing the spark plug to no avail.

We are also both unable to get the electric start to work, either with the remote or the switch on the handlebars. The battery has enough juice to run the lights, but not turn the motor. Anyone have any similar issues? Any advice? I am a motorcycle novice but my friend has a bit more experience, and we are both at a loss.
a fuse maybe???
13' long chopper in progress
2009 johnny pag bar hog
2004 hd electra glide ultra classic shriner edition
1997 harley davidson 1200 sportster
1972 harley davidson amf sx250

Old 08-28-2017, 07:46 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by btahrens View Post

Check all the electrical connections. Both bikes will not turn over the starter?

Maybe disconnect the battery for a short bit do not try the remote.
What does the manual say about the remote and the anti theft?
Maybe you are in the locked out condition?

Adjust the values .005 mm intake and .008 mm exhaust.

Old 08-28-2017, 03:54 PM   #71

Happy to report, getting the bike rigistered was a complete breeze in Ohio. No inspection...nada. Took in the MCO, they really only needed the Bill of Sale though. Got the title and over to the BMV.

APSC did a great job getting the paper work to me really really fast...2 days.

Old 08-28-2017, 04:18 PM   #72

Bashan needs to dump the gimmicky remote start and spend that on something more meaningful.

Old 08-28-2017, 09:11 PM   #73

My killswitch. Operates the hazard lights.

Old 08-28-2017, 09:16 PM   #74

Bashan

My storm wouldn't start either,,but I had no power. At all ,,the fuse was blown,,,,,,an yes the remote start is stupid. I unhooked it an the alarm. ,,,, they just become electrical problems in the future .definitely check all the connections. Especially behind the headlight.

Old 08-29-2017, 01:56 PM   #75

I tried all of these things to no avail... APSCUSA is sending me a new carb. They say it will arrive within a week. I am crossing my fingers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat67 View Post
Check all the electrical connections. Both bikes will not turn over the starter?

Maybe disconnect the battery for a short bit do not try the remote.
What does the manual say about the remote and the anti theft?
Maybe you are in the locked out condition?

Adjust the values .005 mm intake and .008 mm exhaust.

Tags
bashan, enforcer