Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2016, 08:48 PM   #1

Tool and Fuel Tubes - New Farkles

After seeing another member post their tractor manual tubes and seeing how cheap they were at agri supply I ordered a couple of them for my bike. I also purchased a 30oz MSR Fuel bottle. My RX3 is setup with the Tourfella luggage so the mouting points are different than stock. The other member did an awesome job fabricating a bracket and I don't have the tools to do that so I did things a bit different. I purchased 8 x 5/8" Wire Ties. I also purchased a bunch of M6 stainless steel nuts, bolts, flat washers and lock washers and used those items to mount a tube on both sides of the bike. On the left side I have the MSR fuel bottle and on the right I have my tool kit. I'll have to test it out to make sure the exhaust isn't too warm but there is decent clearance and I may put some heat tape on part of the tube. All that is left is to get some reflective tape to cover the working and pictures on the side and cap.

Here are the pictures of the install: http://s1042.photobucket.com/user/jo...?sort=2&page=1

You'll notice that the positioning of the bolt mounts are reversed on the right side from the left and that was due to positioning of the luggage latches. I was too lazy to swap the other side to match as I don't think anyone will notice!

Take care and happy farkling!

Tags
agri, farkles, msr, tube