Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2015, 07:49 PM   #1

Tao 110 clutch

Hello all, my son got a new tao 110 the clutch apparently needs adjusting as it wont pull him up an incline. I thought the screw on the right side of the engine case was the adjustment but really have no clue about these things. Dealer is out of state so not an option there, any way to adjust the clutch? Thanks

Old 01-25-2015, 08:41 PM   #2

https://translate.google.com/transla...Dyes&sandbox=1
http://translate.google.com/translat...yes&edit-text=

Old 01-26-2015, 01:43 AM   #3

Here's a video:

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-18-2015, 11:50 PM   #4

Change the sprockets. Most Chinese ATVs are geared too high. We get our kits from Whygostock. They fit Taotao and we use them on Coolsters as well.

Old 07-31-2017, 02:02 AM   #5

is that video the same process on a single speed taotao 110?

Old 08-01-2017, 10:14 PM   #6

What's the best number of teeth for the front and for the rear to get a decent upgrade in torque?
My nephew has the 110cc cheetah and he can barely get up small hills without it either stalling or just not making it up. I'm geussing you'd also need a new chain? And have to cut off the rear sprocket guard? I asked the guys at whygostovk.com but honestly they weren't really helpful with telling me what teeth ratio I should get for better performance and torque. Can you help me out?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinaAsTVMods View Post
Change the sprockets. Most Chinese ATVs are geared too high. We get our kits from Whygostock. They fit Taotao and we use them on Coolsters as well.

Old 08-01-2017, 11:27 PM   #7

110 cheetah

I would think there is a lot of other owners out there with this same atv.... I do not know what grade of hill or the weight on this atv... but a lot of others have no general problems with this type and size of atv???? how come people are having so much trouble with these???? tell us the weight and the hill... the 110 cc will climb normal hills with normal weight on them.. the lower gears really do help but straight out of the box they do perform... tell us the gearing on yours... teeth on motor.. teeth on rear axle.. I know the bigger 125 atvs with the forward *& reverse might be slow with weight on them.. and then you would have to gear down.. give us some info.... you calling the gear people and asking what gears do I need??? they do not know what you want... tell them what you want and if you want to climb hills or go fast>..

Tags
110 tao clutch adjustment