Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2008, 02:14 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by theENIGMATIC
let me know if you ever get hold of Frontier imports......I did an on line search and cant find anything on them, do they have a website, its strange they dont answer the phone.is it possible the bike is illegal and that is why the dmv cant recognize it...I imported a China bike into CANADA, as soon as that bike became legal for me to have or sell, the bikes VIN# became recognized to the Canadian vehicle registry, I can see it being similar in the States?
Frontier Imports is ATV Discounters. See anything simular here? Its the same Mso I got with a Four wheeler from there. I never saw the one for my A Lifan, they handled it. Call them and ask if they are the same company. Or better yet look at the Weatherford location on this link.
http://www.atvdiscounter.com/5555/Info.aspx

Its the parent company. Its also listed on the MSO Porterz posted in his screwed thread.

Old 05-09-2008, 02:25 AM   #17

Here is the MCO Porterz Posted.

Old 05-09-2008, 02:32 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRidin

Frontier Imports is ATV Discounters.

8O Say it ain't so, Joe...say it ain't so...

That's not good news, IMO....but maybe there's hope...

Good luck!
2005 Kawasaki EX250 - A new project

Old 05-09-2008, 02:52 AM   #19

First off forget about A.L. and what they told you.
This comes to mind "RUN FOREST, RUN" when A.L. comes onto the scene.

Dont even bother calling A.L. if you didnt buy it thru their dealer network they cant/wont help and as you have seen its all a joke to them.

EDIT:
Actually looking at it a little and seeing Frontier Imports Inc (Atvdiscounter Com) tells me your out of luck.
ATVDISCOUNTERS (AKA-ATVdeceivers) is involved and that to me means trouble for you as I think they are just plain old run of the mill DISHONEST.

I'd start thinking lawsuit but actually parting it out would be the best, fastest and easiest solution and should give you more than enough money to go buy a real A.L.< just kidding go buy another bike any other bike as long as its not an A.L. bike and laugh at them and the mess that they are apart of and helped to create.

Old 05-09-2008, 10:28 AM   #20

Send a message via AIM to GY_Racing
Well since Frontier Imports won't return my calls; today I will try the other 2 stores listed "ATV Discounter" and "Speedways Powersports" and ask them if they are related to F.I

Do you really think parting the bike out will get me back 1,400? If so I wounder how long it would take. Our summers are rather short, I have a feeling by the time im done selling everything it will be winter already :x I would just throw another plate on and drive it but idk. What kind of story do I tell the cop, Well I have this bike thats really road legal and it has ins on it and I went to the DMV to get plates but since they don't like the brand or something along the lines they won't hand me a plate but I swear its road worthy and there are other ones on the road!! I just don't get it, there is nothing that makes the bike any different then if a AL dealer had sold it. I will goto the DMV with the same bike as last time, just slightly different vin.. Anyone have a real AL title for sale?

I just read the AL crackdown and I finally realize what they are really doing. They are cracking down not to help us but because they loose money and they want to be the only one selling them in the US. Just like they wanted me to buy another bike, an AL bike. Even though my title says American Lifan on it, I will get a new one that says the same thing with the same bike as I had; difference is THEY pocket the money.

Most internet dealers make a back room deal with Lifan in China and AL looses money on the import thats why they don't want to help.

Old 05-09-2008, 10:55 AM   #21

I dont know your financial status, but if it were me I would first try any and all relatives out of state and try to get the bike tagged there, if that fails I would part the bike out ( I have heard they are worth more that way anyways) I would tell A Lifan to sit on it and spin, and I would buy a 250 Hi-Bird from Tim at Vbike.us for just over a grand to your door, and spend the rest of my days bad mouthing Lifan.

Old 05-09-2008, 11:41 AM   #22

U.D I started a new post RE Hybird questions as a reply to your message in Enduro. I did not want to get off track with this one. It's mostly for you and other Hybird users. I want to keep this post just for ideas on how to get my Lifan plated

Good news and bad news..

Bad news, I called ATV Discounters at the number given on that page I found. They connected me with Sheri and she told me that F.I and S.P are both owned and managed by ATVD. She also told me that they no longer sell Lifan bikes because there was too many problems and even had other dealers buying bikes from them and making false claims about the transactions trying to shut them down because they are the leader in sales and had prices that were putting other dealers out of business. She told me that if she could help me she would but they cannot because they no longer sell the bikes as of last week. She told me it was probably sold as a dirt bike meaning that it cannot be ridden on the road even with all the lights and blinkers as they were clearing out their stock that's why they sent me the light green one instead of the blue as that's all that they had left. She apologized and told me to try a different DMV branch or waiting for the F.I location to call me back as they are very busy and do hundreds of transactions a day.

The GOOD news
My grandfather has a connection with the commissioner of the CT DMV. He called the man today and I just got off the phone with him. He said the Lifan does appear to be on the "federal list" so that's a good sign. He took my vin number and is going to call me back when he finds out if it can be plated in CT. I explained the bike had all the necessary equipment on it and that there are other Lifans that have been plated in CT. I also sent him the letter from Chuani. I am waiting for him to call back to tell me if it can be done or not.

Let's all pray and learn our lesson's on this one :(
If it's gray you must run away!! Call AL before you buy to confirm.

Old 05-09-2008, 12:18 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by GY_Racing
Hybird .
Haven't we seen you here before?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 05-09-2008, 01:10 PM   #24

Well it would be nice if your connection could help you out and at least get it registered.
It seems even here in michigan that you could get a dirt bike steet legal as long as it has ALL the equipment needed and it passes an inspection first.
Actually a guy at work just bought a new honda 650 dirt bike and the dealer added all the stuff needed and got it street legal but it cost him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune
Quote:
Originally Posted by GY_Racing
Hybird .
Haven't we seen you here before?
Maybe, maybe not but only time will tell.

Old 05-10-2008, 08:30 AM   #25

i was in the ct dmv a few weeks back getting a tag for my dr650. the guy in front of me was going around with dmv attempting to tag one of those construction site trailers to transport to some upper ny state property. he had the bill of sale and no mso, so it was a no go. the dmv person said something about getting a bonded title. there was no mention of the amount that must be posted for the bond or a procedure that i heard. you might want to check that angle with the dmv people. good luck.
rgds

Old 05-10-2008, 09:53 AM   #26

CT reg

I posted this with regards to CT over a year ago. Sorry you folks are having problems.. NET

http://chinariders.net/modules.php?n...iewtopic&t=851

Old 05-10-2008, 01:02 PM   #27

Re: CT reg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewEnglandTrails
I posted this with regards to CT over a year ago. Sorry you folks are having problems.. NET

http://chinariders.net/modules.php?n...iewtopic&t=851

wow, this should be like stickied somewhere or something.. I don't like seeing my fellow ct riders wasting money and loosing faith in china riding. :roll:

Old 05-10-2008, 03:09 PM   #28

Well there is a sticky on this thread..

Bruce has the first post in it and he did say he would edit as needed. He gives some good advice but as in CT you dont get the advice you need from the BMV DMV or RMV until after the fact. If Bruce can just edit his post in the sticky to warn everyone to go through all the pages in the Registry issues before buying maybe we can prevent some folks from making future mistakes.

NET

Old 05-13-2008, 11:15 AM   #29

No news is good news??

I am still waiting on the DMV official to call me back. I spoke with him Friday and he was going to get right back to me. He said the bike is on the federal list so that is a good start. In my case no news has meant bad news because there must be something holding up his decision or call back..

Still no word back from F.I, safe to say they are ducking me. I don't have the resources or the time to start a drawn out legal battle especially for just a grand. The legal process would cost more in time and money then it would be worth. Perhaps the grey dealers know that?

Sitting..Waiting..Wishing..

Old 05-13-2008, 12:39 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr1445
the dmv person said something about getting a bonded title. there was no mention of the amount that must be posted for the bond or a procedure that i heard. you might want to check that angle with the dmv people. good luck.
rgds
That is what I was told, in Arizona of all places, when I went to register my Jetmoto. I ended up going around the bond to a private MVD off-site place in Phoenix which solved my problem.

I think bonds are something like 10% of something (I think they will determine the value rather than what you paid :? )

The bonds, at least in AZ's case, guarantee to the state that no one else can claim they own your bike after they issued a title in your name. Keep in mind that anything with a minimum of street equipment can be registered in AZ for the street, so CT might not be so much concerned with title than being picky about a vehicle itself, hence the Lifan issues.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard