Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2020, 01:12 PM   #16

I'm in the process now of registering a TBR7 in Pennsylvania. It's been 3 weeks so far no word from the DMV yet. Sent the MCO and bill of sale to Harrisburg paid all fee's and taxes. Got my fingers crossed. Submitted the paper work on 2/4/2020 thru auto tag place , so we will see.

Old 02-21-2020, 02:46 PM   #17

Oh No

I also had the same issue. I took the 3 hour drive, got in line before they opened. In and out in 40 minutes. I wasn't waiting 4 weeks for a possible NO. Your best bet is to go to the DMV in Harrisburg. I explained the run around I was dealing with. She told me they as in the agency i was dealing with didn't know what they were doing. Sucks but it's the only fullproof way without headache and waiting. Oh it was also 200 dollars less then what the yuurkonic agency was trying to rob me for. Well worth the drive.

Old 02-22-2020, 12:17 AM   #18

I thought of doing that, but I live NE of Philadelphia didn't want to take that drive if I didn't have to. Plus the wait is no problem right now, it's a little cold to ride it anyways. If i do get a no, I will take your advice and ride out there to get it. You would think the DMV would be a little easier to work with. Get it together Pennsylvania, you give us private owned auto tag places they can't be trusted to handle something this simple ? I've done Japanese bikes there before with no problem.

Old 05-23-2020, 12:35 AM   #19

Ok update : Got the title back today from Harrisburg DMV four months later. Went to the Auto tag place to get the plate and registration which i already paid for. Big sign on the door closed indefinitely until word from the State for the covid 19 virus. Just my luck, i've been pulled over by the police at least 6 times so far, no tickets yet. Just show them all my documentation.

Old 05-27-2020, 01:15 PM   #20

Just wondering what the manufacturers name was on your registration papers . Taotao? Take Motors? Or something else? This is all that is holding me back from pulling the trigger on a DBR7. Thanks

Old 05-29-2020, 10:41 AM   #21

It's a shame that a few states seemingly have issues plating 49-state EPA/DOT legal bikes! I don't believe the few bikes that have 50-state approval/CARB (i.e. the CSC tt250) have issues. However, someone in New Jersey is interested in buying a 50-state certified Vader 125cc (Grom clone) that are plated all day IN CALIFORNIA, but apparently there is a list of approved bikes that is stuck in I believe 2015, so if a bike/manufacturer isn't on their 2015 list, it goes into mystery territory like PA seems to be.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 06-03-2020, 01:31 AM   #22

Update 2 : The PA DMV sent me the plate and registration on Saturday. The problem i was having after 4 months seems to be the covid19 restrictions closed the DVM here in PA for a while. But all is well now. Bitz the registration is under TaoTao Group. Oh I was able to get my motorcylce learners permit back in feb pre corona virus shutdown. Insurance thru progressive for $75.00 a year. So yeah even after the DMV changes it's still possible to get a Tao Tao tbr7 titled and registered in Pennsylvania.

Old 06-03-2020, 01:46 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitz View Post
Just wondering what the manufacturers name was on your registration papers . Taotao? Take Motors? Or something else? This is all that is holding me back from pulling the trigger on a DBR7. Thanks

Bitz the registration is under TaoTao Group.

Old 06-03-2020, 05:38 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by illdose View Post
Update 2 : The PA DMV sent me the plate and registration on Saturday....So yeah even after the DMV changes it's still possible to get a Tao Tao tbr7 titled and registered in Pennsylvania.
Fantastic! That will help all potential PA TBR7 owners!! I am guessing the Hellcat 125 should be in the same boat as the TBR7, more so considering it is 50-state legal?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard