Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2018, 06:42 PM   #1

Q9 sold me a wrecked and used Magician then bailed on the engine parts warranty..

Issues out of the box:
  • Sand and water in front and back master cylinders
  • Busted front right turn signal
  • twisted&dented but repainted right foot peg
  • Dented muffler
  • Crushed throttle housing and sleeve
  • Metal shrapnel in and around exhaust header that made it's way through the valve in to the combustion chamber destroying the engine(no compression) after less than ten minutes of run-time. Verified by a local Suzuki dealership tech and I've posted HD pics of it here after my own tear down..

Cardboard and metal frame it came in had no signs of penetration, bending, tearing etc..

Most of the parts were actually neatly bubble wrapped.. with no marks or tears.. It was partially assembled..

****I spent two weeks trying to contact their service department.. I was told they only do warranty claims through email, and to this day have yet to get a response from multiple emails sent. Once I had a chance to get them on the phone it was a young guy who immedietly redirected me to the shipper and said the engine wasn't covered by the "engine parts warranty" that makes up almost $200.00 of what I paid for it..

If you ever talked to the people at TXPowersports over the phone you'll hear a lot of familiar voices at the toll free Q9 number.. Research TXPowersports they are famous for pulling stuff exactly like this,....

Old 10-22-2018, 07:10 PM   #2

Contact RPS directly. See if that gets you better results! Www.therps.net

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 10-22-2018, 07:19 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Contact RPS directly. See if that gets you better results! Www.therps.net
I will but I wouldn't expect them to send me an engine on behalf of Q9..

It's also just a Chinese importer.. Making this forum post is about the only thing I can do. They pretty much operate with legal immunity in the US.. When Q9/TX does this enough they will just make another name again

Old 10-22-2018, 08:20 PM   #4

Did you pay with a credit card ? Hi

Old 10-22-2018, 08:37 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DualSport View Post
I will but I wouldn't expect them to send me an engine on behalf of Q9..

It's also just a Chinese importer
They are actually Hensim, who mfg. Hawks and a few other product, although they show they carry other brands' product. It is a shame Q9 is apparently now affiliated with Tx. One of our members, Azhule, can attest to getting an old bike. They pulled the same crap on him.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 10-23-2018, 07:51 AM   #6

RPS handles the warranty directly and not the dealer. Some dealers will handle it and contact RPS for you. I understand your frustration but a word of advise. If you handle this in calm manner you will get more accomplished. Threatening emails and calls will only make matter worse and they will avoid you like the plague. The two minor issues I had with my hawk were taken care of quickly. I emailed the dealer with pictures and within an hour someone from RPS called me to confirm what part I needed and received then in about a week. This was about two months after I bought it. Good luck, and hope for the best.
As far as Q9, I'm sure they have no clue that you received a used bike. As you stated in another thread it came from TXpowersports and that's a whole different issue. Azhule can fill you in on those jokers. That bike should of came directly from RPS warehouse.
As Bruces stated. If you paid with a Credit card I would contact them and get a refund.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Last edited by JerryHawk250; 10-23-2018 at 08:28 AM.

Old 10-23-2018, 10:05 AM   #7

I'm not following your original post. did you buy the bike from them knowing it was wrecked/used?

Old 10-23-2018, 10:56 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
It is a shame Q9 is apparently now affiliated with Tx.
Oh man, culcune. That's really horrible news. I think folks in the past have had really good luck with Q9. This story does have the smell of "Azhule Pt II".

Dualsport, I hope you get this worked out sooner than later.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 10-23-2018, 11:19 AM   #9

Dualsport, at least if it all goes pear-shaped, the parts are not terribly expensive to buy online. I know that sucks, but you'll be able to get it together and ride.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-23-2018, 04:57 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruces View Post
Did you pay with a credit card ? Hi
Yeah a debit card. As far as I know the most I could do is contest the transfer but I actually got something, so I don't know how that works.. Any legal strategy would end up with you trying to file a lawsuit against a Chinese company which is a big waste of time..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
RPS handles the warranty directly and not the dealer. Some dealers will handle it and contact RPS for you. I understand your frustration but a word of advise. If you handle this in calm manner you will get more accomplished. Threatening emails and calls will only make matter worse and they will avoid you like the plague. The two minor issues I had with my hawk were taken care of quickly. I emailed the dealer with pictures and within an hour someone from RPS called me to confirm what part I needed and received then in about a week. This was about two months after I bought it. Good luck, and hope for the best.
As far as Q9, I'm sure they have no clue that you received a used bike. As you stated in another thread it came from TXpowersports and that's a whole different issue. Azhule can fill you in on those jokers. That bike should of came directly from RPS warehouse.
As Bruces stated. If you paid with a Credit card I would contact them and get a refund.
Everything sent to date has been passive and polite which makes it more obnoxious..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
I'm not following your original post. did you buy the bike from them knowing it was wrecked/used?
No I paid the $1,240 for the new one and got what is in OP..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Oh man, culcune. That's really horrible news. I think folks in the past have had really good luck with Q9. This story does have the smell of "Azhule Pt II".

Dualsport, I hope you get this worked out sooner than later.
The people at 972-242-1143(what is on therps.net) say they have nothing to do with Q9 sales or warranties... Others here are saying they immediately got parts shipped from therps after buying from Q9.. Q9 says if they ship you a damaged engine it's not covered by a *engine parts warranty* that you actually paid extra for..

"Free one Year Engine Parts Warranty - $119.95 Value"

Again,,, I never got a single response to emails, and the one time I talked to one of the service reps on the phone was immedietly told them shipping me a broken engine isn't covered by the "engine parts warranty" I paid them for..

They basically sold me scrap metal and there is nothing I can do but go buy another engine, basically from them again since it's the same company..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Dualsport, at least if it all goes pear-shaped, the parts are not terribly expensive to buy online. I know that sucks, but you'll be able to get it together and ride.
Yeah $499.99 for a crate engine is exceptionally good, but I paid for a new bike and warranty just two weeks ago and it's annoying what type of people typically end up selling these Chinese bikes.. You're also filling TXPowersports pockets if you buy it and they are the source of all the _dump and deny_ cases..

Last edited by DualSport; 10-23-2018 at 05:28 PM.

Old 10-23-2018, 05:14 PM   #11

As hard as it may be, give it time and just keep killing them with kindness and hopefully things will go your way. In the mean time I would contact you bank and see what can be done. What they have done is call fraud and most banks provide fraud protection. When the charges get reversed they will be jumping through hoops trying to get there money back. Real attention grabber.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Last edited by JerryHawk250; 10-23-2018 at 05:46 PM.

Old 10-23-2018, 05:59 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Oh man, culcune. That's really horrible news. I think folks in the past have had really good luck with Q9.
I was basing it on what Dualsport wrote which seemed to indicate this. I don't know exactly. Q9 seemed very good just a few weeks ago according to members here.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 10-24-2018, 01:35 PM   #13

I'd file a police repot against them. You bought a new bike yet they sent you a used one. That is completely illegal. Perhaps if the police are knocking on their door things will change.

2014 Honda CB500XA
2016 CSC TT250
1976 Honda CJ360T
2022 Honda Navi

Old 10-25-2018, 10:01 AM   #14

my bank offers the ability to dispute transactions, particularly in the event of fraud like activity. you might see if your bank does similar. also go the BBB route filing a complaint with them. if nothing else, it warns others. third, keep pursing them to make the purchase right.

good luck with it. sucks for sure.

Old 10-25-2018, 02:47 PM   #15

Angry

In most states you can online file a complaint with the State's Attorney Generals office. This may or may not get them to be an honest businessman will involve someone's attention that does have the authority to shutter them.

If your a business owner this is the 7th level of hell the day you get the written complaint in the mail.

I'm currently simmering with the Tx guy. I've said nothing here but I'm about to make him a hobby of mine.
2018 Hawk P&P Decked .040 off the head. 17/43 D.I.D. 428, NGK Iridium plug, DeCat, Wrapped pipe, Custom S.S. Muffler core, Nibbi PE30 115/35, L.E.D. Lights, Digital Cluster, USB port, Cutting Bord skid plate, Oil cooler w/ custom CRF oil filter inline, 5Wt fork oil, Rear Shock, CNC Back Rack, 30mm FAT bars, Bark Busters, ProGrips, Adjustable levers, Shinko 700’s lots of Loctite!