Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2018, 06:20 PM   #1

Online Dealers for Hawk 250

Hello all. Thinking very serious about purchasing a Hawk 250. I have read some of the dealer horror stories, well maybe not horror but some that I'd never want to buy from. I only expect probably what anyone else wants. The bike to be delivered in a reasonable time, the bike I ordered and all the papers I will need to get a tag. So with that I would like to hear about dealers or a dealer that will deliver whats promised as I stated above. It sounds to me that some of the dealers are kind of hit or miss. I appreciate all comments. Thanks.

Old 09-02-2018, 10:17 PM   #2

I would suggest Q9 Powersports to start with; then maybe Superiorpowersports or their cross-town rival Powersportsmax. The rep for RPS (he no longer works for them) was a member here and used to personally recommend Q9. I am sure someone with actual experience can chime in and vouch for them. Superio and Powersportsmax have many good stories, but also some so so experiences usually involving shipping damage warranty issues. In all fairness, I am fairly certain most of the online dealers are simply drop-shipping bikes directly from RPS in Dallas, so any shipping damages can result from any dealer.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-03-2018, 06:51 PM   #3

That helps. I appreciate it.

Old 09-07-2018, 03:14 PM   #4

Ordered a new Hawk from Q9 this afternoon. Website statements about their business profile sounds good. I will post how it went when I get the bike. The price was good. A little bit less then the normal 1399 price that are around. Every dollar helps. Thanks again for the advise.

Old 09-07-2018, 08:17 PM   #5

Greetings and Congrats!

Welcome to the forum! Let us know how Q9 Powersports treats you and your new Hawk! I’ve heard a lot of good things about them. What color Hawk are you getting? As always, pictures are always appreciated!

Enjoy the Ride!
-2016 Hawk 250 - Kitty Hawk - eBay exhaust, Mikuni carb(120 main/30 Pilot), airbox mod with K&N filter, digital cluster, total LEDs, 17/45 sprockets, RK chain, Shinko 244 tires, trunk, aftermarket levers, burrito tube, skid plate, Sargent Cycle Seat...
-2003 HD Sportster 100th Anniversary
-1999 Buell X-1 Lightning - Race kit, Buell Seat

Old 09-08-2018, 05:05 PM   #6

Thanks much for the welcome. So far I have gotten a confirmation from Q9 that my orders was placed and accepted and they are preparing it for shipment. That eases your mind a little to at least you know they got your order and money. Their website says they have warehouses in different locations in the US but I would think its going to be dropped shipped in Tx. None of that matters to me as long it gets here in one piece and not scratched up. Will for sure give the shipping carton a good going over. Have heard a lot of stories of not getting shipping damage covered unless you catch it before the driver leaves and you sign off on it. So I ordered Black. I know. Hard to be seen. You guys have some really great prep posts setting up the new Hawk. Definitely will be checking that out. Will let you guys know about my experience with Q9 and what the condition the Hawk was in when it arrived. Will send some pics when I get it up and going and any problems with plating it in Alabama. I see you own a Hawk and have done quite a few mods. Cool.

Old 09-09-2018, 09:02 PM   #7

Congrats!

Keep us on “Play by Play” on the rest of the delivery! As for mods, it’s hard not to mod the Hawk! I have a few more mods I want to do.

Looking forward to seeing your new ride!
-2016 Hawk 250 - Kitty Hawk - eBay exhaust, Mikuni carb(120 main/30 Pilot), airbox mod with K&N filter, digital cluster, total LEDs, 17/45 sprockets, RK chain, Shinko 244 tires, trunk, aftermarket levers, burrito tube, skid plate, Sargent Cycle Seat...
-2003 HD Sportster 100th Anniversary
-1999 Buell X-1 Lightning - Race kit, Buell Seat

Old 09-10-2018, 03:17 AM   #8

Q9 is selling the Magician and Hawk tens of dollars cheaper than TX and others and is in WI. This is as good as it gets without buying used or getting a Shenzhen contact to hook you up..

I'm getting a Magician from there

Old 09-10-2018, 10:26 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbo7106 View Post
Keep us on “Play by Play” on the rest of the delivery! As for mods, it’s hard not to mod the Hawk! I have a few more mods I want to do.

Looking forward to seeing your new ride!

For sure on the Play by Play. I have been telling myself that yeah I am going to just keep it stock. I know I am such a liar.

Old 09-10-2018, 10:59 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DualSport View Post
Q9 is selling the Magician and Hawk tens of dollars cheaper than TX and others and is in WI. This is as good as it gets without buying used or getting a Shenzhen contact to hook you up..

I'm getting a Magician from there

I have been thinking about getting my girlfriend a new Hawk but she is only five feet tall and was thinking about shaving the seat down a couple of inches. I am really concerned that it will still be too tall for her. I read the technical stuff on the Magician and the wheels are smaller and it says seat height is thirty four inches. Of course there is sag also. So I am thinking that with that and maybe shaving the seat she will be able to touch the ground somewhat. Whats your opinion on the Magician vs the Hawk as far as the longevity if properly set up right and maintained? Hope you get your bike soon.

Old 09-11-2018, 05:27 PM   #11

Q9 UPDATE. The Hawk will be delivered this Thursday. So far I am pretty pleased with Q9. They shipped the bike as they said they would. I'll try to send some pics of the Hawk in the crate.

Old 09-11-2018, 07:38 PM   #12

Good to hear.. I'm trying to decide on a Hawk or Bashan Enforcer..Q9 is who I'm looking to by the Hawk from, Superior gave me a quote for Enforcer pretty much same price.. I'm leaning towards the Hawk mainly because of all the stuff I read seems to plague the Bashan bike delivery (coming from CA) as opposed to the Hawk.. Am I safe in saying that the drop ship process and origination could be the problem and not so much the dealers?

Ready to pull the trigger tonight :O

Last edited by Chito; 09-11-2018 at 09:00 PM.

Old 09-11-2018, 08:36 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chito View Post
Good to hear.. I'm trying to decide on a Hawk or Bashan Enforcer..Q9 is who I'm looking to by the Hawk from, Superior gave me a quote for Enforcer pretty much same price.. I'm leaning towards the Hawk mainly because of all the stuff I read seems to plague the Bashan bike delivery (coming from CA) as opposed to the Hawk.. I'm I safe in saying that the dropship process and origination could be the problem and not so much the dealers?

Ready to pull the trigger tonight :O

I think you are right about the drop shipping. I read the BBB problems with Q9 and it appeared to me that Q9 tried to resolve the issues. Lets face it some folks aren't going to be satisfied with the dealer no matter what. Anyways good luck on your choice and I hope it turns out great for you.

Old 09-12-2018, 09:56 AM   #14

Some people think they are out-smarting the market by buying Chinese and when they don't get Yamaha and Honda level support and quality they basically go in to a state you commonly see with people who practically live at fast food restaurants.. A cheap older model Japanese bike is going to be far more reliable and have things like high quality QA on wiring, counter balanced engine, high quality stock carb(s), dealership support going at least thirty years back etc..

RPS bikes have the best support out of all the China dual-sports.. If you go with an Apollo, Bashan, TT or other don't be surprised if you end up in some trial and error cases.. Also when you need block level work done on any of these you might as well take the engine to the scrap yard, because they are made out of very poor cast scrap-steel that responds badly to machine work..

Old 09-14-2018, 10:11 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnt4me View Post
Q9 UPDATE. The Hawk will be delivered this Thursday. So far I am pretty pleased with Q9. They shipped the bike as they said they would. I'll try to send some pics of the Hawk in the crate.

Only shipping damage or maybe manufacturing damage I got which is very slight. Little touch up and good to go.

Name:  rsz_120180914_082753.jpg
Views: 547
Size:  90.1 KB

Name:  rsz_120180914_082811.jpg
Views: 554
Size:  90.1 KB