Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2016, 05:00 PM   #1

Seats - anyone have a used OEM for sale?

I've been messing around with various forms of padding and covers for the stock OEM seat and I think I have something reasonably comfortable new. My basic problem was that I kept sliding forward all the time. I cured this with some shaped padding at the front of the seat making the whole profile flatter with a rising front, then adding a sheepskin cover. Feels good, looks a bit ugly! I want to move all the padding under the cover but I'd rather not destroy my original read just in case I screw things up.

I was about to order a spare OEM seat (just the front section for about $66 including shipping) when it occurred to me that someone who has replaced the stock seat with an aftermarket version might have an OEM seat front section lying around they want to sell. If so, let me know.

We still have snow on the ground here in Maine and temperatures in the 30s during the day, but riding season is fast approaching. I have ridden a few times in freezing temperatures. The heated grips make it bearable, but it's still not much fun after 20-30 miles.

Old 03-21-2016, 05:51 PM   #2

I will most likely sell my stock seat as soon as my tall one arrives.

Old 03-21-2016, 05:59 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobrx3 View Post
I've been messing around with various forms of padding and covers for the stock OEM seat and I think I have something reasonably comfortable new. My basic problem was that I kept sliding forward all the time. I cured this with some shaped padding at the front of the seat making the whole profile flatter with a rising front, then adding a sheepskin cover. Feels good, looks a bit ugly! I want to move all the padding under the cover but I'd rather not destroy my original read just in case I screw things up.

I was about to order a spare OEM seat (just the front section for about $66 including shipping) when it occurred to me that someone who has replaced the stock seat with an aftermarket version might have an OEM seat front section lying around they want to sell. If so, let me know.

We still have snow on the ground here in Maine and temperatures in the 30s during the day, but riding season is fast approaching. I have ridden a few times in freezing temperatures. The heated grips make it bearable, but it's still not much fun after 20-30 miles.
I will sell my factor seat , just down the road in Bridgton maine pm me

Old 03-22-2016, 06:34 AM   #4

Mine will be up for sale once I get it as well as I ordered the seat concepts narrow and expect I will have no need for the OEM. In CT.
IBA#65836

2005 BMW F650gs
2008 Yamaha XT250
2013 Yamaha XT250
2009 Suzuki Gladius