Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2016, 11:48 PM   #1

Awesome day of riding!!

I took the RX3 out this morning on a ride with some of my friends. It was truly awesome. I only put about 70 miles on the bike but it was dang near 70 miles of twisties! My friends riding a variety of motorcycles from a 675 Triumph sport bike to a 750 GSXR, and a 1700 CC Harley.. I led the group during the whole ride. The most frequent comment I heard today was "Damn that thing is pretty fast!" LOL they were all amazed at how fast I could pull away from them and how well the bike performed at freeway speeds. So..... For those of you familiar with the Pacific Coast Highway and the Santa Monica mountains and canyons... We rode down PCH to Decker Canyon down Mulholland to the ever famous Rock Store for brunch. (In my Joe Berk voice) Let me tell ya folks... This RX3 is becoming legendary in SoCal... I had a few folks approach me to ask about my bike.. Most of them had heard of the RX3 and were fans.. One or two had never heard of it but were very intrigued. The highlight of the whole day was when a fellow rider on a stunning 1200 GS flagged me down just to give me a thumbs up and take a closer look at the RX3. On a sour note.. my right side mirror finally gave up the ghost and completely broke off halfway up Decker Canyon... I knew that was coming. I contacted Ryan last week about a deep crack that had developed along the base of my mirror. Again CSC showed its superior customer service and shipped me one on Thursday... I should receive it tomorrow or Sunday. No harm no foul.. I threw the mirror in the trunk box and kept on riding! Honestly I've got to say this bike has been so much fun and has proven its value over and over again! Just wanted to share this awesome day of riding with all of you.. and i'm very impatiently looking forward to many more great days of riding this machine! If any of you are in SoCal, especially the San Diego area and want to hook up for some weekend RX3 adventures then go ahead and PM me! Ride safe friends!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Me on Mulholland.jpg (91.7 KB, 155 views)

Old 04-02-2016, 01:11 AM   #2

Nice ride report!

2015 CSC red RX3 with 19" front wheel, Shinko 804/805, skid plate, tall seat, 13T/45T sprockets, progressive shock, Winyoochanok windshield, GENSSI LED headlight, SW-Motech tankbag, Shorai Lithium battery
2014 Ural Patrol

Old 04-02-2016, 05:00 AM   #3

Thanks for posting the nice ride report, James. Your smile says it all.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-02-2016, 12:36 PM   #4

Great ride report! I miss Decker Canyon and the twisties up there! Well done showing the capabilities of the RX3!

Old 04-02-2016, 02:51 PM   #5

Thumbs Up

Spud's right. Smile says it all good bikes and twisties like Jack & Coke lol
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking