Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2015, 01:58 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3banger View Post
Detours, how many miles since your last valve adjustment?
About 1000 miles. There was no noticeable performance loss while the adjuster was backing out, so I didn't know anything was wrong until the foot popped off and started rattling around.

I did notice I was starting to collect more fuel in the PCV catch tube. But that may have been extra condensation on the cylinder wall from the colder weather. It will be interesting to see if that changes with proper intake valve adjustment.

2015 CSC red RX3 with 19" front wheel, Shinko 804/805, skid plate, tall seat, 13T/45T sprockets, progressive shock, Winyoochanok windshield, GENSSI LED headlight, SW-Motech tankbag, Shorai Lithium battery
2014 Ural Patrol

Old 12-10-2015, 10:05 AM   #17

it is possible to over tighten the jam nut when you do your valve adj. have not done mine yet only 100 miles, but i imagine not a very large dia. on adj. you want it tight but not strong like bull smart like tractor tight you can do damage by cranking down on nut like it was a large bolt

Old 12-10-2015, 11:44 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithmaine View Post
they are nylon and they do not melt, melting point of nylon is in the area of 470F. The Ural is air cooled and the head temps are from 275f-325f. I would assume that the RX3 would be slightly cooler.

I believe they were these

McMasterCarr 90576A116
Zinc-Plated Class 8 Steel Nylon-Insert Locknut, M8x1 Thread Size, 13mm Wide, 8mm High

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 12-10-2015, 12:28 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
anytime Weld

Old 03-19-2016, 06:54 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by detours View Post
Yeah, definitely double-check the lock nut. I'm sure I tightened it, but obviously not enough.

CSC offers really great service. Gerry spent time on the phone with me making sure he understood the exact issue. Then we texted lots of pics back and forth and he gave me the procedure and then talked me through it on the phone to make sure everything was clear.

It's a rare shop that cares whether you understand the issue and how to fix it ... then send the part for free even though it was most likely my fault.
From my post on engine problem: "I mentioned to Ryan that I'll probably have to join the group and make raving claims of wonderfulness, speediness and GREATNESS of CSC customer service WAIT, did I just do that???"

My dealer Motorstar didn't have the bearings in stock and could not locate or "order" them. They provide no service and only aggravation.
www.medicalmissionmatters.org

Old 03-19-2016, 07:29 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithmaine View Post
they are nylon and they do not melt, melting point of nylon is in the area of 470F. The Ural is air cooled and the head temps are from 275f-325f. I would assume that the RX3 would be slightly cooler.

I believe they were these

McMasterCarr 90576A116
Zinc-Plated Class 8 Steel Nylon-Insert Locknut, M8x1 Thread Size, 13mm Wide, 8mm High
Hi Keith,

I tried unsuccessfully to find some self locking nuts for my TW200, since I had one unscrew itself.

Any chance that the ones from the Ural will fit.

My TW is in NC, so I can't easily check the size.

EDIT Nevermind, Keith. Found it. M4 fine pitch.

jb

Last edited by jbfla; 03-19-2016 at 09:42 PM.