Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2010, 11:21 PM   #16

ya its a simple swap over for the choke setup, good deal man.. i hope to have mine sometime next week. i want to go buy some main jets but seeing as how there is 3 different "styles" to the mikuni jets, i think im going to wait untill it gets here...

if you are all stock it should run just fine outside of setting the fuel screw and idle..

fuel screw is once you get it to idle, turn the fuel screw untill the idle starts to pick up its pace, then go back and turn the idle screw to lower the idle.

to check for the proper setting, dont think im wrong by this.. but rev the bike and you should NOT have any hesitation or stumble coming off of idle.

Old 08-27-2010, 12:21 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizke
ya its a simple swap over for the choke setup, good deal man.. i hope to have mine sometime next week. i want to go buy some main jets but seeing as how there is 3 different "styles" to the mikuni jets, i think im going to wait untill it gets here...

if you are all stock it should run just fine outside of setting the fuel screw and idle..

fuel screw is once you get it to idle, turn the fuel screw untill the idle starts to pick up its pace, then go back and turn the idle screw to lower the idle.

to check for the proper setting, dont think im wrong by this.. but rev the bike and you should NOT have any hesitation or stumble coming off of idle.
Been doing some reading on this "Mikuni" carb I got from GIO.... from what I understand, there is a high probability it is a Chinese fake. Regardless if it has Mikuni molded into it. Not the end of the world, but hopefully authentic Mikuni parts will fit it. Same carb on my dirt bike has been fine so far (fingers crossed...)

From what I read, and see stamped on the intake flange of this carb, it is a VM26-672U model.

EDITED TO ADD:
For example - http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/25...Dirt_bike.html
Identical to what I received.

Old 08-27-2010, 12:25 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by FosterVS
Quote:

Been doing some reading on this "Mikuni" carb I got from GIO.... from what I understand, there is a high probability it is a Chinese fake. Regardless if it has Mikuni molded into it. Not the end of the world, but hopefully authentic Mikuni parts will fit it. Same carb on my dirt bike has been fine so far (fingers crossed...)

From what I read, and see stamped on the intake flange of this carb, it is a VM26-672U model.
Could be fake, wouldn't be surprised, but it works way better, and mikuni jets fit...and it's cheap.

Old 08-27-2010, 01:10 AM   #19

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/se...rd=mikuni+jets

the top 9 are mikuni jets. not a 100% on this but i do believe that the hex headed jets are the real true mikuni jets ment for original mikuni carbs..

Old 08-27-2010, 07:31 AM   #20

Quote:

the top 9 are mikuni jets. not a 100% on this but i do believe that the hex headed jets are the real true mikuni jets ment for original mikuni carbs..
The hex head ones are what are used on the VM series, they are the jets that have been on every snowmobile that i've had with mikuni carbs, mikuni does make other models though that take different jets, the mikuni from GIO takes original mikuni jets for the main and pilot.

Old 08-27-2010, 01:53 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynev
Quote:

, the mikuni from GIO takes original mikuni jets for the main and pilot.
which one of these main jets?

Mikuni VM11/22 Series Main Jet
Mikuni N102/221 Series Main Jet
Mikuni N100.604 Series Main Jet

what about pilot jets

Pro X N224.103 Series Mikuni Pilot Jet
Pro X VM22/210 Series Mikuni Pilot Jet
Mikuni M28/1001 Series Pilot Jet

Old 08-27-2010, 02:07 PM   #22

"Mikuni N100.604 Series Main Jet" is for the main jet but from what you've listed for pilots they don't match, one does look the same though, the normal mikuni pilots i get are the VM28/486 ones for my GIO upgrade carb.

Old 08-27-2010, 03:27 PM   #23

which pilot looks the same ?

Old 08-27-2010, 03:49 PM   #24

"Pro X N224.103 Series Mikuni Pilot Jet" that one looks close and is dimensioned, you'll have to check the dimensions with the real one, here's some link with the right jet and a few dimensions
http://www.jetsrus.com/a_jets_by_car...t_VM28-486.htm
http://www.motorcyclecarbs.com/MIKUN...__P5549C28.cfm

Old 08-27-2010, 07:23 PM   #25

Pulled the carb off my X31 dirtbike i.e. "This is also a stock carburetor for 250cc Dirt Bike line up" to see what jets are installed, where the needle is set, etc. to use that as a starting point before I install the "Chikuni" carb on the T3.

Guess what? I have about had it with GIO:

What the f*** is this? K F???

Old 08-27-2010, 07:28 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by FosterVS
Pulled the carb off my X31 dirtbike i.e. "This is also a stock carburetor for 250cc Dirt Bike line up" to see what jets are installed, where the needle is set, etc. to use that as a starting point before I install the "Chikuni" carb on the T3.

Guess what? I have about had it with GIO:

What the f*** is this? K F???
I thought the carb on my X31 was the same as the upgrade carb i put on my beast, i ordered jets for the X31, took the carb off and found it was a keihin copy, not a mikuni, i had a spare GIO upgrade carb in the basement so i rejetted it and put that on the X31.

Old 08-27-2010, 07:39 PM   #27

Quote:
I thought the carb on my X31 was the same as the upgrade carb i put on my beast, i ordered jets for the X31, took the carb off and found it was a keihin copy, not a mikuni, i had a spare GIO upgrade carb in the basement so i rejetted it and put that on the X31.
Well, the ad on GIO clearly states the bike has a Mikuni/Chikuni carb, and I am calling them on it, already started a support ticket.

It's one thing to put up with fit'n'finish BS because their prices are cheap, but I call this false advertising!

Old 08-27-2010, 07:49 PM   #28

Good point, they do call it a mikuni carb, not a mikuni "type" carb.
Make sure you also replace your spark plug with a true NGK.

Old 08-27-2010, 07:54 PM   #29

hey foster that is exact carb i have now.. its a knock of keihin, the pilot jet is a funky design and i have not found any other larger or smaller sizes that will work.. go with mikuni you will be happier as those are closer copies to a real mikuni then the keihin knock offs we have.

your not going to gain any performance if that carb has the letters pz30 on it as it is a 30mm carb same size as the gio upgrade carb.. but we will both gain more consitant jetting, easier jetting, and just better running..

Old 08-27-2010, 09:29 PM   #30

Quote:
Good point, they do call it a mikuni carb, not a mikuni "type" carb. Make sure you also replace your spark plug with a true NGK.
Already changed the plug - tip for others, NAPA has these in stock, and cheap.

Also, the intake on these Rebel T3 quads is already 30mm, so a 30mm carb will bolt right on.