Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2014, 11:06 AM   #31

One never knows the ways in which a harness may have been butchered in the past. The only solution is to unwrap the harness and follow it.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-21-2014, 11:57 AM   #32

Roger that I'm all over it! I am happy to be getting this experience, daunting it may be at times, it will help later troubleshooting it and the bike.

Thanks!
Jim

2007 Shineray Speedee 150, 1P57QMJ: Needs: starter rewired, exhaust connected, cleaned up, ignition switch simplified, new seat and lights, new front and back racks.

There's no such thing as a free puppy or motorcycle. I think I have caught the fever from y'all.

Old 08-21-2014, 01:23 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
If you decide to increase displacement in the future, there's no boring necessary. Replacement cylinders in larger sizes are available.
Is this what you mean by a piston upgrade?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOP-END-KIT-...61f1cd&vxp=mtr

Thanks!
Jim

2007 Shineray Speedee 150, 1P57QMJ: Needs: starter rewired, exhaust connected, cleaned up, ignition switch simplified, new seat and lights, new front and back racks.

There's no such thing as a free puppy or motorcycle. I think I have caught the fever from y'all.

Old 08-21-2014, 06:50 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankme View Post
Is this what you mean by a piston upgrade...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/151284910821
---
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=10441654861
3 Gifts - Order via those links NEEDED/ Contact the seller "改价" (change the price) to 0.00

Old 08-22-2014, 12:09 AM   #35

This is what I was thinking: http://www.ebay.com/itm/GY6-63mm-Cyl...4b6ca5&vxp=mtr

Humanbeing, do you have a 180cc GY6 kit link for Taobao?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-22-2014, 02:05 AM   #36

61mm kit: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=10167875713
Seller warned to EVERY guys:This product is 65mm. W/O "chopping" can't put in std 125 (61.5mm) / 150 (63mm). Hack job isn't fun: http://www.motorfans.com.cn/bbs/view...authorid=75082 . W/O proper knowledge may kills it
--
Search" "63" "gy6" in TB. Most kit of this size are made in TW . Fleabay's price is very reasonable.

Last edited by humanbeing; 03-29-2016 at 04:51 AM.

Old 08-22-2014, 09:19 AM   #37

Yeah no chopping, I won't attempt that.

Good, I have added the 3 things you listed as would be required HB, but am not sure about the 0.00 price reference? "http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=10441654861 3 Gifts - Order via those links NEEDED/ Contact the seller "改价" (change the price) to 0.00 "

Thank you guys for all your help finding this stuff. I will post a list that I have going for an international order soon for the bike and the atv.

Thanks again!
Jim

PS I registered with Taobaotrends and am getting really excited!

Old 08-22-2014, 09:48 AM   #38

http://zhidao.baidu.com/question/97678388.html -Ask the agent for details. (they're fed by commission, so ... ) Total of "3" is <$1. Gift or NOT dose't matter at all.

Old 08-22-2014, 01:50 PM   #39

Question Racks and Plastics for ATVs?

Thanks for the tip HB!
I would like to put racks/brush guards front and back on this ATV sort of like the picture but I cannot figure out what phrase to ask for on taobao. Plastics to replace the racer type plastics would be good too.

Thanks! Gee, her ride is going to be way cooler than mine!
Jim

Old 08-22-2014, 01:57 PM   #40

Question

And I just failed searching for "ATV seat" "ATV saddle". How do I search for a replacement seat for the ATV?

I think I'm going to go do some welding seeing as how I am striking out with language usage today.

Thanks again for the help!
Jim

Old 08-22-2014, 02:48 PM   #41

Question Flywheel cover set

I also cannot seem to locate the flywheel cover for the right hand side on TB. I have this link maybe someone sent me. This is what this atv needs right?

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=...r.1.0.0.2yntul

Is this on TB or can tBtrends grab it or should I just get it from them?

Thanks!
Jim

Old 08-22-2014, 06:25 PM   #42

http://s.taobao.com/search?spm=a230r...3A1#J_relative
===
http://s.taobao.com/search?spm=a230r...isprepay=1&s=0
===

Old 08-23-2014, 11:47 AM   #43

Excellent links, HB!

Jim, the procedure for ordering from Taobao is to copy and paste a TB link into a TBTrends order form. TBTrends doesn't actually sell goods, they simply order the parts to their warehouse, package them into one shipment and send them to you.

Old 08-24-2014, 02:15 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Excellent links, HB!

Jim, the procedure for ordering from Taobao is to copy and paste a TB link into a TBTrends order form. TBTrends doesn't actually sell goods, they simply order the parts to their warehouse, package them into one shipment and send them to you.
+1

Yup yup, I'm all good on that part, I have been collecting all my links and choices just waiting to dump a huge list. That is what I should be doing--> Ordering a big order all at once?

In any event at the moment having opened those links from HB I now have too many choices for racks heh. I think I have 15 tabs opened from tb right now on all kinds of stuffs.

And searching with proper symbols as opposed to translations is probably doing the trick. If I search "Beach car shelf" I don't get racks and atv stuff. I will have to rely on HB to get anywhere for this first order until I build up my symbol catalog. Thanks in advance HB!!

I may have found a plastics shell I like better for this ATV. Will the one here fit? I think I understand much of ATVs are on the same frame and most stuff is interchangeable...right? By the way I stumbled onto that plastics set wandering from link to link and it's the only set I have seen, if there are better ones (or just more choices) I would gladly follow a tb search link.

I am headed back up to the shop to take some general frame measurements I don't seem to have on hand, and to check what tire sizes to look for as well. And shocks, I keep forgetting to put shocks on the list. Oh and grips......

See you soon!
Jim

Old 08-24-2014, 12:21 PM   #45

Good question. Without more pics, I can't tell if that plastic kit would suit a 110, 150 or 200 atv. Perhaps HB has some input.