Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2007, 07:23 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to mdsuave13 Send a message via Yahoo to mdsuave13
Problem with Maryland registration

OK.. here it goes....

i went to mva... i took every and all papers that i doublechecked to be filled out correctly (faxed back and forth with t-motorsports to make sure everything was signed and notarized...) I get there and they tell me i need a better bill of sale then the internet reciept.... and i need the engine #.. so i had to go back home...

so i get t-motorsports to fax me over a bill of sale, get the engine # and go back to the mva....

I spend 5 mins before my # is called (i think to myself, wow this is going to be a short one!) She picks up my paperwork gives it a quick once over and then picks up the MCO (which has been filled out and notarized by t-motorsports) and asks me "what is this?" I tell her its the MCO of the bike and thats what i got from the dealer... she calls her manager over which then further spirals into hell...

the manager is the manager of the imports/exports/grey area stuff...

She picks up the mco and tells me its a forgery and that its not legal.. she tells me since it has no watermarks, control #'s or anything like that, that its not legal to be registered... she grabs a MCO from a s600 mercedes and points these thigns out to me.. (i'm thinking fancy mco for fancy car, ghetto mco for ghetto 1000 dollar chinabike...)

so she decides to call t-motorsports to ask them whats up with it.. she bickers with somoene on the phone for a few mins then hands me the phone and tells me to talk to her... the lady on the other end was VERY nice, she told me that the chinese bikes went thru a different method. She also stated that she can get a fancy mco, but since most states didnt need this, they didnt spend the extra money on them to begin with... So.. the lady then tells me i need import thru customs documents, epa and dot docs, etc etc etc.. she went the whole 9 yards to ram me in the poop chute...

So i just faxed all kinds of info over to t-motorsports, and the lady there said she would gladly get all of the paperwork i need overnighted to me in time for friday...

So if you plan on getting a chinabike in MD, make sure you tell them you need the legal stuff.. you can get away with the bs photocopied mco...

Anyone have any input PLEASE gimme a hand! longest day and post ever...

2008 Kawasaki KLR650 Candy Lime Green

I am the official China bike registration Guru For the State of Maryland..... HA.

Old 03-14-2007, 07:42 PM   #2

yeah man you need the "offical" mco. the crappy card board one doesn't cut it any where as far as i know. if you have the nice bill of sale and the official mco you should be set. don't feel bad, it took me about 3 weeks and allot of money spent of over night shipping back and forth till i finally get mine registered.

Old 03-14-2007, 07:46 PM   #3

well thats good to know.. i don't feel so alone anymore ;-)

I am the official China bike registration Guru For the State of Maryland..... HA.

Old 03-14-2007, 09:47 PM   #4

When I got my bike registered, I was prepared to go to 2 or 3 different DMV locations until I found someone willing (ignorant) to put it through. I pretty much crammed it down their throat. I just got my title in the mail yesterday.

Old 03-14-2007, 09:52 PM   #5

yea, i got the psyco (B#tch) from hell...

she even opened up some dusty regulation book and started thumbing through it to see what i may need.. i was like "here we go......"

what a damn mess, i'm really curious to see what t-motorsports sends me... i will be VERY impressed if i get what im hoping they are going to send me...

Old 03-14-2007, 10:40 PM   #6

Send a message via MSN to liverchip
This is the exact reason I had T-Motorsports handle my registration. One of only a few advantages to living in this crappy bug-licking, bunny hugging, tree-kissing, butt wipe of a state.

2007 X-Moto(Jetmoto) GY250
--mods---
15/40 sprockets
UNI Pod Filter

2007 Shineray TMS 200XYi--Betsy
Betsy Mods:______________________
Acerbis DHH headlight
FMF Powercore pipe
Uni Pod Filter

Old 03-14-2007, 10:53 PM   #7

Re: Problem with Maryland registration

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsuave13
OK.. here it goes....

i went to mva... i took every and all papers that i doublechecked to be filled out correctly (faxed back and forth with t-motorsports to make sure everything was signed and notarized...) I get there and they tell me i need a better bill of sale then the internet reciept.... and i need the engine #.. so i had to go back home...

so i get t-motorsports to fax me over a bill of sale, get the engine # and go back to the mva....

I spend 5 mins before my # is called (i think to myself, wow this is going to be a short one!) She picks up my paperwork gives it a quick once over and then picks up the MCO (which has been filled out and notarized by t-motorsports) and asks me "what is this?" I tell her its the MCO of the bike and thats what i got from the dealer... she calls her manager over which then further spirals into hell...

the manager is the manager of the imports/exports/grey area stuff...

She picks up the mco and tells me its a forgery and that its not legal.. she tells me since it has no watermarks, control #'s or anything like that, that its not legal to be registered... she grabs a MCO from a s600 mercedes and points these thigns out to me.. (i'm thinking fancy mco for fancy car, ghetto mco for ghetto 1000 dollar chinabike...)

so she decides to call t-motorsports to ask them whats up with it.. she bickers with somoene on the phone for a few mins then hands me the phone and tells me to talk to her... the lady on the other end was VERY nice, she told me that the chinese bikes went thru a different method. She also stated that she can get a fancy mco, but since most states didnt need this, they didnt spend the extra money on them to begin with... So.. the lady then tells me i need import thru customs documents, epa and dot docs, etc etc etc.. she went the whole 9 yards to ram me in the poop chute...

So i just faxed all kinds of info over to t-motorsports, and the lady there said she would gladly get all of the paperwork i need overnighted to me in time for friday...

So if you plan on getting a chinabike in MD, make sure you tell them you need the legal stuff.. you can get away with the bs photocopied mco...

Anyone have any input PLEASE gimme a hand! longest day and post ever...
Wow, just about what I went through last July in Arizona of all places. (Heck we can street register off-road buggies and Quads for pete's sake) What the manager (who never did bother to speak with me in person, just through the clerk) was hinting was that I would have to get a title bond--another $125 or so, to prove to the state that no one else could claim ownership. I am pretty sure, and this wild west wink-wink, nudge, nudge who you know state would probably have proved if I had investigated, was that the lady's husband or relative owned a title bond place in town, and this is one extra way they get customers.

I had to go into Phoenix for business, and using the advice of an old member here who lives in Phoenix ('eddyfx') I went to a check cashing place that was an authorized MVD office on the side. Maybe 15 minutes later, I walked out with the plate, sticker, registration, and title in hand. I will always thumb my nose to the Yuma MVD office.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-14-2007, 10:55 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by liverchip
This is the exact reason I had T-Motorsports handle my registration. One of only a few advantages to living in this crappy bug-licking, bunny hugging, tree-kissing, butt wipe of a state.
But you can earn more $$ living there compared to my freedom loving wild west state. We have all kinds of freedoms, but no money to enjoy them!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-14-2007, 11:10 PM   #9

sadly maryland doesnt allow anyone but a dealership to register a vehicle :-( soooo gay...

Old 03-14-2007, 11:20 PM   #10

Hang in there buddy...

Old 03-14-2007, 11:25 PM   #11

Send a message via MSN to liverchip
Actually the company that employs me is on Long Island. I'm a remote employee and a bit screwed for cost of living hikes to match California averages.

2007 X-Moto(Jetmoto) GY250
--mods---
15/40 sprockets
UNI Pod Filter

2007 Shineray TMS 200XYi--Betsy
Betsy Mods:______________________
Acerbis DHH headlight
FMF Powercore pipe
Uni Pod Filter

Old 03-15-2007, 04:05 AM   #12

Quote:
yea, i got the psyco (B#tch) from hell...
Did she look like this:

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"

Old 03-15-2007, 03:01 PM   #13

ahahah, i forgot she worked at the DMV in the simpsons.. too funny.. but yes, in fact she looked like that, but she was much more dumb.. she actually asked me how to spell origin, certificate, and manufacturer.. which were all on the document that she was holding in her hand at the time... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Old 03-15-2007, 03:24 PM   #14

MD,

If I recall correctly from previous threads, T-Motorsports did have a number of issues with paperwork. Based on your experience I can tell they have improved somewhat, perhaps because of the feed back they were getting on sights such as ours. Unfortunatley bureacracy will be Simpson like when we least need it. Hopefully T-Motorsports will step up their standards to accomadate their customers in the future.

Hope you get it all squared away and get some riding in, now that the weather is coming around!

NET

Old 03-15-2007, 03:31 PM   #15

i guess we will see.. the way that the lady explained it to me was this:

She said that it costs them another 30 or so dollars to get the certified paperwork. Its almost the same, just has watermarks and control #'s on them.

she also told me that since a lot of people dont actually register these for street use, they havent bothered getting the certified documents unless someone stated that they needed them, plus people had been registering the bikes with the cardboard ones, with no problems....

who knows.. she said she would fix the situation and that i would be riding shortly (legally)

she did apologize and has made quite an effort to fix the situation. Mad props so far on the customer service...