Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2016, 05:04 PM   #1

Connecticut registration

Registered my Hawk 250 today...no problems. I had it inspected at the Wethersfield DMV location and registered at the Enfield DMV location. Painless. the only issue was that the front reflectors are not visible enough to pass inspection so you will need to apply orange(not red)reflective tape to the front forks. Bring the tape with you or you will have to run to O'reileys and get back in line like I did

Old 04-08-2016, 05:07 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlem View Post
Registered my Hawk 250 today...no problems. I had it inspected at the Wethersfield DMV location and registered at the Enfield DMV location. Painless. the only issue was that the front reflectors are not visible enough to pass inspection so you will need to apply orange(not red)reflective tape to the front forks. Bring the tape with you or you will have to run to O'reileys and get back in line like I did
Thanks! I've been wondering about CT.

Old 04-08-2016, 09:02 PM   #3

I could have sworn that CT was a no-go? This is good news!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-08-2016, 09:21 PM   #4

How did they get L0W in their system?I know for a fact that motocheez was turned away twice so he went te VT route. Please let me know.

Old 04-08-2016, 10:01 PM   #5

Well folks, I can't say for sure why it worked. I was pretty sure it wouldn't work actually... even prepared for the bad news, Buuuuut the woman helping me (Rosemarie at window 11 in Enfield) told me that she "added" the Haosen make and model to the system, whatever that means!? No problem with the vin (L0W) other than needing an inspection specifically by the state police at the Wethersfield location. The inspection took a whopping 10 minutes! I am apparently the second in the state to register the Haosen without issue. The first was two days ago... according to Rose. I didn't fact check her statements, all I know is shes the one to see.

Old 04-08-2016, 10:59 PM   #6

Ok I think there are going to be at least 5 of us looking for Rosie in Enfield. Motocheez's son is going to be getting one soon too.

Old 04-08-2016, 11:01 PM   #7

Where in CT are you?

Old 04-08-2016, 11:06 PM   #8

Also, where did you buy your hawk from, and did the MCO say Motorcycle?

Old 04-09-2016, 12:11 AM   #9

Im in Enfield. I purchased the bike from American Powersports Sales Ctr out of Tennessee. It shipped from Texas. Paperwork came from Tennessee. Sales receipt, MCO, and bill of sale all say motorcycle. Is that an anomaly?

Old 04-09-2016, 12:15 AM   #10

For the people "going the Vermont route": does your registration say motorcycle?

Old 04-09-2016, 12:49 AM   #11

As a suggestion; get the inspection done first-save yourself the second 3hour trip. I didn't do that. I went the first time mostly to see how far I would get. Ended trip 1 with a temporary registration and plate and a mission to get the inspection. That was Thursday...and then there was Rose...dear dear Rose! Perfect in every way, especially her business. She desires that all of humanity should be able to ride dirtbikes on the street! She tries new things, foreign even to the ignoblest of dmv's...and succeeds! She sends strangers out the door with a number and a promise with her name on it-"get it inspected tomorrow and come back and see me; don't get in line! You got it Rose. Today was Friday! No wait. I walked into the dmv and walked out 20 minutes later. Greatest half hour spent in the grip of the government ive ever had. Way to be, Rosemarie of station 11...Way to be

Old 04-09-2016, 12:57 AM   #12

Quote:
As a suggestion; get the inspection done first-save yourself the second 3hour trip. I didn't do that. I went the first time mostly to see how far I would get. Ended trip 1 with a temporary registration and plate and a mission to get the inspection. That was Thursday...and then there was Rose...dear dear Rose! Perfect in every way, especially her business. She desires that all of humanity should be able to ride dirtbikes on the street! She tries new things, foreign even to the ignoblest of dmv's...and succeeds! She sends strangers out the door with a number and a promise with her name on it-"get it inspected tomorrow and come back and see me; don't get in line! You got it Rose. Today was Friday! No wait. I walked into the dmv and walked out 20 minutes later. Greatest half hour spent in the grip of the government ive ever had. Way to be, Rosemarie of station 11...Way to be
No doubt about it my boy you're in love with the DMV lady. Bring her a rose if you want your hawk registred.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 04-09-2016, 01:13 AM   #13

Love is a strong word...but we are like best friends now, sooo...Not bragging, just saying Bottom line...Hawks legit legit. I hope to hear that more CT riders have a similar experience.

Side note: the handbook I have says it is the Ricky Powersports LLC(RPS) Hawk 250

Old 04-09-2016, 06:48 AM   #14

Quote:
As a suggestion; get the inspection done first-save yourself the second 3hour trip.
Oh no I'm not going to deviate from your exact path. What were you wearing? Any particular color combo of shirt or pant? Any Cologne? Did you wank briskly to station 11 or did you saunter. Did you wink at her... I need to know...fix that can go either way.

Old 04-18-2016, 10:53 AM   #15

Quote:
Thanks for reporting your success dealing with the lovely Rosemarie at station #11.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894