Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2022, 05:03 AM   #1

Thumbs Up What documents are needed from China?

Hello all.
So, I'm looking at purchasing a bike directly from China through Alibaba.
It's a 500cc street bike. The S500MY.
First...Is it even possible to get this bike shipped to the US and through customs??
Second...Can the seller provide the documentation needed to register the bike (like a title) in my state (Georgia)??
I've had some communication with the seller and they said that they don't have any documents required by the US.
I REALLY WANT THIS BIKE or something similar.
Has anyone successfully imported and registered a Chinese "street bike" like this in the USA?
Thanks!!

Old 08-28-2022, 07:18 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingleBerry View Post
Hello all.
So, I'm looking at purchasing a bike directly from China through Alibaba.
It's a 500cc street bike. The S500MY.
First...Is it even possible to get this bike shipped to the US and through customs??
Second...Can the seller provide the documentation needed to register the bike (like a title) in my state (Georgia)??
I've had some communication with the seller and they said that they don't have any documents required by the US.
I REALLY WANT THIS BIKE or something similar.
Has anyone successfully imported and registered a Chinese "street bike" like this in the USA?
Thanks!!
I wouldn’t do it. The headaches will cost you more than just buying something that already has the US documentation.

The thing has to be approved as a street legal motorcycle in this country. It’s not a small feat to go through that process. it’s also really expensive from what I understand.

So just keep looking. Find the same bike but made by someone who already is importing them.

Old 08-28-2022, 02:23 PM   #3

Thanks!
That's what I was afraid of. Its a shame that these Chinese companies haven't tapped into the US market more deeply. There are so many really nice and affordable bikes just waiting to be plucked up by us.
I guess it's due to lack of EPA testing requirements?? Their bikes would probably meet or exceed the US requirements. WHATS THE HOLD UP???

Tags
500cc, registration, title