Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-2016, 11:25 AM   #1

Doh! RPS Hawk 250: 2 issues

Hello I'm new here. I hope I'm using this site correctly. I've been riding china bikes for a few years now and love these cheep bikes.

I have assembled a few questions I hope you may have a possible answer.

Question #1
I purchased a Hawk 250 and have been riding for a a little while now. It's hard to convince my friends to get one when it idles like a junker. I have switched the carburetor to a mukini 30mm (suggested on this site). I rejected it to a 115 main and a 30 slow (suggested on this site). It idles wonderfully for a few seconds then randomly cuts off sometimes. After I drive for a little while or so it will idle incredibly high and spudders up and down like a mad man. I don't even have to apply gas to engage the clutch at red lights. turning the idle screw does nothing I can even take it out with no change. I've removed the carb a few times to inspect and reinstall to no results. My bike has become a joke at the work place as a result.

Question #2
My little scooter is a better off roader compared to my Hawk. This is because the hawk's rear shock is so squishy. The rear wheel gets flung in the air throwing rocks at my friends when riding trails. and the ride is extremely uncomfortable. I have tools to adjust rear shocks but, the Hawk seems to have no adjustments what so ever. odd?

This is such a cool bike and I really enjoy it when it behaves. I bet it's an easy fix that I'm simply not getting. I know this can be a great bike with your help. Thanks!

Tags
carburetor, idle, problems, rearshock, rpshawk250